1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion More Premium Benefits

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Nedyar10, Nov 3, 2016.

Suggestion - More Premium Benefits
  1. Nedyar10 Regular Member

XP:
    28,532xp
    I wanted to get a platinum rank for ages and I was planning to do so until Shotbow announced their compliance to EULA. I find that premium has less worth in it due to the changes. I am proposing new benefits that premium ranks can obtain to make it a bit more worth the cash. This is my opinion so feel free to disagree
    • Having a voting score of two in Annihilation
    Normally when you vote for a map, the score goes up by one. The map with the highest score would be played. I say we give premium the benefit of having the score go up by two. Technically, there is no gameplay advantage because there is no gameplay yet. If people with premium can benefit from the map, so can you
    • Having different kill/death messages
    Wouldn't it be cool if instead of the chat saying "Enemy was shot by Player", the chat would say "Enemy was wrecked by Player using his/her bow skills" or "Player 360 no scoped Enemy... Headshot!"? I would like to see this in Annihilation and Smash. In fact, I don't see why we normal players can't have these cool messages as well. Of course, save the best ones for the premiums
    • Having /fly in the lobby
    I don't know if this could trigger the anti-cheat system but if it manages to not do so, than happy flying. I personally think this should be preserved for platinum and above. You spent 100$ on this server. Now fly!
    • Having nice outlines for your build in Creative
    From what I hear, people say that creative is "doomed" due to the EULA. Why not have a cool outline for your build for your corresponding rank. Us normal players stick with stone slabs while the gold ranks get golden blocks, platinum gets a nice diamond outline and etc. No gameplay advantages as far as I could see
    • Having access to formatting codes/color codes in chat
    Again, I think this should be reserved for platinum and above and I don't think it should be allowed outside the lobby to avoid actual gameplay advantages. Although this one I'm not too confident on as premium players could really mess up other players using this if people are not careful. If there was a way to remove "links", that would be much better

Again, this is my opinion. Feel free to comment suggestions and arguments

2. Athys Platinum

XP:
    279,640xp
    The EULA, as I understand it, only allows cosmetic related perks to donors that do not provide any advantage what-so-ever. For this reason we removed premium advantages such as the multiplier and the ability to purchase XP with money. With that being said, you are on the right path with your suggestions and I do like them, unfortunately some of them would violate the EULA (again, to my understanding).

With regards to your first suggestion, giving premium players a double vote would most likely be considered an unfair advantage over other players, so this perk may / may not be possible. I would suggest that premium players can change the maps should they not like the already existing maps when they are voting (I could just imagine Coastal being played 24/7 :lmao: ).

Your other suggestions are quite good, and to be honest I too was thinking about having some fun death messages within Annihilation and MineZ (Maybe GG?). I'll suggest these ideas to our team and maybe someday they might be implemented, I can't guarantee that all of these suggestions listed here (or listed on the forums by another user) will be 100% implemented in the future. Thanks for your input and ideas :)

Sidenote, I'm not a total expert when it comes to the EULA. In fact I have my own.. opinions.. about the rules, so as a disclaimer, I may be wrong about your first suggestion! I apologize in advance if I am!
    DutchBartje and Tonko921 like this.
  3. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    I do like the idea, however Qubion does not show your Shotbow rank. It shows your 'building skill-level'. As I said I like the idea, but I wouldn't really care if I had Emerald blocks around my plot, or stone slabs.

Qubion is a build-server and I like to keep it that way. I don't think anyone on Qubion is waiting for you to show them your outline for my corresponding rank.

I think I can speak for the most on EU. When there's a voting with: Coastal, Cherokee, Castes and Cavern. Most of the people will vote for Coastal, because it's familiar and they know how to play on the map. Having a double vote for premiums, doesn't really change the fact that we're always going to play the 'famous' maps.

However, if people vote for Canyon and a group of premium joins and want to play a map other than Canyon, they can probably beat the score of Canyon.

I like the idea, but I was thinking of more kill-sounds and -effects.

Yes! I really like this idea!

I would really like to see this, but chat is a lot harder to go through for admins if you reported someone for Chat Spam. There are different kinds of color codes, you have for example a code that makes the letter all spin up, I think it was "&k". I would personally like to see limited use of colors, or colors that correspond with your rank.

For example:
    DutchBartje: I can't use any color codes.
    [Silver] DutchBartje: I can use this.
    [Gold] DutchBartje: I can use this.
    [Platinum] DutchBartje: I can use this.
    [Emerald] DutchBartje: I can use this.
    [Obsidian] DutchBartje: I can use this.
    [New-Rank] DutchBartje: I have no idea what this color is going to be.

You don't have to use the color codes, but you can. Also, if you are Obsidian, you can use all color-codes, except for the 'New-Rank'.