1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix more mod ideas

Discussion in 'The Network' started by minetwins12, Jun 25, 2013.

No Prefix - more mod ideas
?

should we add better animations with the player animations mod

Poll closed Aug 25, 2013.
highly yes 2 vote(s) 50.0%
ok 0 vote(s) 0.0%
so so 0 vote(s) 0.0%
no 1 vote(s) 25.0%
highly no 1 vote(s) 25.0%
  1. minetwins12 Regular Member

XP:
    600xp
    I was thinking after all that better animations are key to a better mine craft experience so I want to add the mod "player animation mod". I first found this on 9minecraft and I hope it's approved :D

2. Gheizd Regular Member

XP:
    31,270xp
    I think we should add Zan's Minimap cause its kinda the same as Rei's Minimap but some people prefer Zan's Minimpa
  3. mrnutty12 Platinum

XP:
    20,674xp
    until we hear from an admin that it is OK then DO NOT USE IT just to be safe.
    use mods AT YOUR OWN RISK...

the usual way to check if something would not be allowed is if it gives the player a direct advantage over another player. so the smart moving mod (i think) allows you to climb fences giving you an ability that nobody else has. or xray allows you to see players, chests, and mobs through walls.

where as optifine increases fps and reis minimap has a minimap (the minez map can be used as a replacement)
  4. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    To be fair, the smart moving mod is amazing and probably should be added because the light parkour it provides is realistic and would help survive bandits and zombies
  5. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    The only thing, Steels, is that it gives you an advantage over others. Some people cannot play with mods. Some people are incapable of installing them. There are a myriad of reasons for why players don't/can't use the mod. Is it fair that another player can do things that they cannot?
  6. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Yes, if we have a private section for said mod users (we already have a PVE section, right?)
  7. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    So you want an entire server dedicated specifically to Smart Movement users? I think that might get confusing. Players would join wrong servers with the mod enabled and potentially get banned. It seems easiest to put down a blanket ban on mods that give advantages in all of the servers instead of changing the rules between servers.
  8. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Or, instead of patronizing my idea with the same blunt ferocity that would be directed towards a person that had just punched a small child, you could try and work out the kinks and get a real idea going.

For the record, what I meant was put up a sign in the MineZ area clearly labelled for all to see. There would be no bans, just an auto-kick system.
  9. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    I apologize if my reply came off that way. I assure you I meant no disrespect nor do I think your idea is stupid.

My line of thinking was that the developers would probably not implement this. From the paradigm, I replied. We could definitely come up with a viable idea. It could be very good. I don't think that it would be worth the time though because the developers most likely won't implement this.

You're right though! Never give up on an idea. I forget that too often. Let's do it. Let's think about this.

Here is a viable question though: Why would the developers want to implement this? Is it worth the time? Is there demand for it?
  10. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    There's a fair few posts floating around with the question of such animation or game control changing mods. It would also add a new element of exploration and excitement. It could even lead to a new map with the added parkour system. Players could have more incentive to post ideas.

It would also show the developers as people whom are open to fan ideas, and how a thing as simple as starting an idea post can lead to the addition of a wanted feature.

Personally I think it would be a great feature for Project Prometheus, allowing the players to scale the post-apocolyptic modern city instead of crumbling castles and shacks
  11. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    I don't know about the First Mod suggested but doesn't Zan's Minimap gives you Radar (Right?) and Radar is prohibited...