1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion More events?

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Nedyar10, Jul 25, 2016.

Suggestion - More events?
  1. Nedyar10 Regular Member

XP:
    28,532xp
    I look into the upcoming events calendar and all I see is usually "Annihilation All classes Unlocked". I know this is probably costly in a way but if I may, is it possible to add more events to be held. Like maybe leaderboard contests or other competitive events. Maybe a shotbow staff member is celebrating his/her birthday today. I would love to join that event whether it's a match featuring the staff member or a somehow cool new gamemode for him/her. Maybe when it's a holiday, you can make the lobby follow the theme of the holiday (you probably did that already). Like I said, this is probably costly but I would like to see more events that are just fun for everyone playing shotbow. Like about 2 weeks ago, why wasn't an event for the anniversary of shotbow?... Yeah now that I think about, this would be pretty difficult but still pretty fun. I understand if there won't be any newly introduced events coming soon because of the new 1.9 update coming (btw very hyped) but still... would be cool :wink:

2. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    Hello,
    I completely agree with you that events are fun and we are trying to host more of them. Now, you won't see them on the calendar, because most of the events we host(GG and MineZ for example) are not scheduled and are done whenever a staff member decides to do them, because they are minor and easy to prepare. Usually they are broadcasted 30 minutes before or so, so keep your eyes opened :stuck_out_tongue:. Of course bigger events like MineZ head hunts, or the Annihilation Necromancer event are scheduled few days before and announced on the forums.
    I really like the birthday events idea, as long as the person having birthday agrees to do that. Will bring it up for a discussion.
    I think several minor events were hosted around our anniversary plus the bonus XP multiplier.
    And we do change the theme of the lobby when there is a major holiday, like Christmas, Ohanami or Halloween. Keep in mind those take a lot of time and given the many other projects the build team has on its plate, it is not possible to do it that often :)
    I hope I answered your questions, feel free to ask if you have more.
    Have a nice day!
  3. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    Definitely subscribe to our Twitter and check it often to see when events are happening.

Due to our volunteer staff it's difficult to schedule common events, but we are working on more major, scheduled events.
    Fluffoon likes this.