1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ MineZ: What We Know (A Guide)

Discussion in 'Roleplay' started by Xcano, Jul 24, 2013.

MineZ - MineZ: What We Know (A Guide)
  1. Xcano Regular Member

XP:
    5,837xp
    I have been noticing people writing MineZ origin stories, now hen I read these I notice flaws in their stories and it really bugs me. This is a guide so that you can keep your stories as canon as possible. So here is what we know about the island, it's inhabitants, and the infection.
    1: The inhabitants were very low tech, I mean look at them. Their builds are medieval and their redstone is limited to buttons to open doors or levers to turn on lamps, and look at Wasted! We have guns!
    2: They were not prepared, do you see any large military camps near large cities? I don't. This brings me to my next thing.
    3: Either they had never seen a hostile mob or hostile mobs were VERY rare. Proven by the fact that zombies are the only hostile mobs.
    4: The island was flooded at one point. If you have seen the pirate ship you know that it is at the bottom of a receded lake. This lake was most likely VERY high. I mean, what pirate is going to build a boat for a lake it can barely fit in? Also, there's a lot of mossy cobblestone and eroded looking blocks and areas. This brings me to my next point.
    5: The infection came from outside sources. This is Minecraft zombies we are dealing with. But these zombies are faster, stronger, and smarter. This means the virus would have had a long time to develop in someone or something. If it came from the island they would have noticed by now.
    6: The inhabitants traded with others. There are no creepers but they have gunpowder.
    7: Their military had rankings. Wood and leather for tier 1, chain, stone, and bows and arrows for tier 2, and iron armor, iron sword, and enchanted bows for tier 3.
    8: There was an ancient civilization on the island and they knew about zombies, were do you think legendary items came from?
    9: They had a king, he lived in Castle Cole.
    10: All of the original survivors are dead, when you spawn your near the shore. Do you think you ran to the shore so that you could run back into danger? No. You most likely came from somewhere else.
    11: Nether Portals were built in the north but were taken down later. That's were zombie pigmen came from.
    12: They had a recent fight for Romero as shown by the huge explosion holes in the bridge next to Romero. However these explosions are too big for ender pearl grenade which suggests TNT. They possibly fought with the pirates mentioned earlier.
    So this is what we know about the island, I hope this gives you a lot of writing material. Please, comment if you know of anything else about the island's backstory.

2. Dodger546 Regular Member

XP:
    12,656xp
    Wait would this be before my story or during? Like the outbreak? Or is this about how MineZ came into play? Sorry this post confuses me.
  3. Xcano Regular Member

XP:
    5,837xp
    This is a post about the things I know about the islands inhabitants before the outbreak.
  4. Dodger546 Regular Member

XP:
    12,656xp
    What is the island?
  5. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    A few points to raise:

1: they are low tech but have ancient magics from the gods (magical communications and weapons?)
    4: what "island"? It's obvious the badlands once held massive rivers that dried up
    5: these zombies have not been proven to be canon with minecraft. It's safer to assume other hostile mobs don't even exist in this world.
    7: this isn't necessarily true if you're basing it off chest rarity. Different towns could be weakthier and more militaristic than others
    8: need proof on this. The gods bestowed their namesake legendaries among other things to designated temples
    9: King Cole was likely one of many, and only ruled the surrounding area. Why would the king not live in the capital city?
    10: this is likely true, but there's been no given time since the outbreak started.
    11: again, not necessarily canon with minecraft. Could be magic gone bad.
    12: this is likely damage due to neglect. Sea air damages the structural integrety over time
    albinodruid15 likes this.
  6. Dodger546 Regular Member

XP:
    12,656xp
    OCD strikes again steels.
  7. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Do not test me when it comes to zombies, that's my jam
    NikkoTheNeko likes this.
  8. Dodger546 Regular Member

XP:
    12,656xp
    Man I am resisting the urge to troll that.
  9. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Response to 9: Actually, Lord Vaticus was the King of Minez before the outbreak. He resided in Cole Castle.
    Overall response: The world of minez is not an island, probably two continents (three if you count the swamps).
    Response to 10: Yes very true but people may want to decide that their character was there when the outbreak occurred or they have been surviving the whole time. They didn't have to be part of the ZDU, which is who you are in the actual game.
    Response to 12: The bridge was probably damaged by Orthus' artillery as was the ghost ship from Carmi and St. Roseluck. Makes total sense. And Romero may have been caught in it too but many people (including me) made Romero one of the most besieged cities in the continental area.
    Response to 2: Some may have been prepared, which relates to native survivors. Including John Romero, who created the ZDU in the first place.
    Response to 1: I have no idea why this place seemed to have a mix of medieval elements (ie. swords, castles, bows) and modern elements (ie. Byseford labs, antibiotics, grenades). Ask whoever made the lore.
  10. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Proof?
  11. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
  12. Xcano Regular Member

XP:
    5,837xp
  13. Xcano Regular Member

XP:
    5,837xp
    1: The Ender Eye is officially referred to as radio and the weapons are enchanted. There are enchantment tables on the island.
    4: The island that you play the game on. The main continent.
    5: This is most likely canon with Minecraft as some buildings are owned by YouTube personalities such as PauseUnpause. Also, the XP gained from it carries over to the other games as well.
    7: This... I kind of agree with. But I doubt some of their militaries were completely iron.
    8: Most legendary items are hidden in large man-made caves and dungeons.
    9: A lot of kings live away from the city most likely for their protection. Also, you are right, he was one of many as there are more castles on the island.
    10: Considering Minecraft time around 72+ years ago if we are using the release as the date it started.
    11: They have brewing stands which require blaze rods. It could be pigs struck by lightning though. I always thought it was pigmen from the Nether who then got infected and started developing zombies in them. That would be why they burst into two zombies when you hit them, and why they're so slow.
    12: That's a possibility. But some of the buildings more inwards are cracked, eroded, and mossy.
  14. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    1. So yes, ancient magics
    4. It's a continent, not an island. It was unlikely to be underwater except for the rivers in the badlands
    5. XP is an OOC feature. Youtubers are as well as they don't feature in minecraft itself
    7. It's not only possible, but highly likely (you also have to consider people having looted other armors beforehand)
    8. Again, gods gave them to temples devoted to them. Doesn't mean the gods made them themselves
    9. But Cole Castle is almost on the opposite end of the entire continent
    10. Not proven
    11. Could just be godly magic gone bad
    12. Yes, buildings tend to fall apart when no one takes care of them
  15. Xcano Regular Member

XP:
    5,837xp
    4: Mass flooding could've occurred.
    5: You're there and you influence he continent and other things. And YouTubers feature in Minecraft in the sense that their avatars are there.
    7: Point taken. But I doubt soldiers were given high tier armor immediately. Otherwise the outbreak would've been contained.
    8: What gods?
    9: I was thinking the king there controlled Worthington.
    10: Every day in Minecraft is 20 minutes. Every real year is 72 Minecraft years. MineZ has been out for more than a year.
    11: Or perhaps living pigmen lived on the island. They were going to be added but they were replaced by villagers.
    12: Maybe so.
  16. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    4. Where is your proof
    5. Too weak to be considered valid
    7. Iron armor won't stop an infection
    8. Agni Ignes, Simoon, etc, etc
    9. Grimdale is the capital city. If he were the king of the land then his main town would be Grimdale
    10. Not every day is canon, else respawning and such would have to be considered factual
    11. If they were intended to be villagers, they would be replaced with zombie villagers
  17. InquisitorEslaf Regular Member

XP:
    118,505xp
    Maybe they're not so valid but are still quite reliable. For some reason, they're there.
    8. It's just Agni; Agni Ignis is a place. And Simoon is not a valid god. There is also the God of Light. And the Red Demon, if you count him as a god.
    9. The King resided in Cole for some reason but Grimdale is the main town technically. Every monarch has their own way of living.

And to add:
    1. Pigmen have no official explanation. Some people say they are a fusion of zombie and pig after a long time of exposure. I don't know what; people can be creative about it.
    2. The debate on the island/continent thing is starting to not make sense. First off, it's definitely a continent. If it were an island, find a way to measure the hole map and compare it with Greenland. If it is equal size or less, then it will be an island. But there are many different land forms scattered across the map, thus more proving that it's a continent.
    3. Considering flooding, there may have been some but a very long time ago in the so called Badlands. The Pirate Ship and canyon formations are proof of it's existence but places like Elliom are proof that it was so long ago that people have been able to build down there over the years to come.
  18. Xcano Regular Member

XP:
    5,837xp
    5: Yeah, I know.
    7: Look at how many kills people get with iron armor. At least 200-500. Zombies could've been contained.
    8: What DarkApostle said.
    9: Maybe there were multiple kings.
    10: Every day is canon, how are they not? Also, perhaps respawning is a magical thing only some are given.
    11: When Notch was making the villager code he originally had them planned to be living pigmen. When zombie villagers were added zombie pigmen were already in the game too long. They weren't going to replace them.
  19. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    Grimdale has a courthouse, I like to believe that the land transitioned from a total monarchy to a general democracy, thus Grimdale was turned into the capital city at a later time
  20. steels12 Regular Member

XP:
    14,728xp
    7. (and 10) Doesn't make sense. It can't all be canon. Respawning isn't canon just like server hopping isn't canon, you're taking this too literally
    9. I covered this in my reply to Dark
    11. That's great for Notch, but that doesn't have anything to do with showbow