1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion MineZ Platinum Alpha Weekend Changelog

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by lazertester, Oct 19, 2014.

Discussion - MineZ Platinum Alpha Weekend Changelog
  1. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp
    Greetings, folks! This weekend has been a fun one as we've seen glimpses of the new map and mechanics of MineZ 2. Adam (aet2505), Matt (HighlifeTTU), and I have had it especially wonderful as we have been poking and prodding at the server ensuring everything is running smoothly as it gets bombarded with your eager swords. Here's a quick recap of the various changes we have made so far:

- Delayed spawning from the lobby to prevent exploits related to data synchronization
    - Bricks now hit players and zombies, blinding them for 3 seconds, knocking them back, and attracting zombies.
    - Ghosts can no longer go through server-borders
    - Furnaces can now properly cook fish
    - Dead players can no longer revive one-another
    - Antibiotics can be applied to the bandaging process
    - Upgrading equipment works now
    - Created a login limiter to ensure that MineZ 2 will be playable even under heavy login bombardment due to hype machine (Will need to test sometime today, 10/19)
    - Added coal as a mineable resource
    - Fixed grenade damage to obey the damage cap it was supposed to be wearing (BAD GRENADES, BAD!)
    - Lots of performance fixes
    - Various other bug fixes and things

There's a lot more to come as we get ready to wrap up this two day testing period. I look forward to next week, when we get to introduce weapon proficiencies and hopefully quests for you to undertake! Please post your feedback on the shotbow subreddit or here on the forums, and keep it constructive :)

2. konyvfalovb Platinum

XP:
    23,439xp
    What I've seen and you should also fix:
    - 5 minutes after getting kicked by a server reboot, joined again and started looting. Then I got killed by a zombie. Clicked "respawn now" and had the equipment I had before the sever reboot.
    - Anvils drop the loot and this enables other people to pick it up. It should be transferred directly to the owner's inventory, and if it's full, it should dropp itself on top of the anvil (and not throwing it away like it did).
    - Sticks, when trees are chopped, spawn inside of the wood block, leading to a "cannon-effect" (same with the anvil) and potentially leading to either somebody stealing it or getting lost. Sticks have a small percentage of dropping and are valuable at the beginning of a game (for cooking food and boiling water).

(Post #1111)

(also, first!)
  3. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    Is cobblestone now stackable? The changelog doesn't say anything about it.
    Edit: Tested myself, nope. The recipe for Stone pick is also broken.
  4. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    Wow. So you're saying I spent an hour farming for grenades to kill my enemies in one click for nothing? Gee, thanks lazer. Thaaaaaaanks.
  5. ArtomixCraft Platinum

XP:
    88,082xp
    Not sure if you know these, but:
    - You can instadrink water if you right click a source water block, and it will act as boiled water.
    - Bows don't work in anvils.
    - Mid-tier zombies (the black leather ones but not the Shiny Toes) don't drop anything? (not completely tested)

And please make mushrooms stackable ;_;
    Edit: Also the cracked stone should be stackable, just go get one gravel you need to sacrifice 9 inventory slots :/
  6. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    118,168xp
    I can confirm Mid Tier Zombies do drop items, I have gotten 2 bandages and a Ruined Plate from them out of 7 kills.
  7. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    The small stone is already stacking up to 18.
  8. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    118,168xp
    How do you get cracked stone?
  9. lazertester Lead Developer

XP:
    365,160xp

Please test everything you have experienced before the changelog is posted to see if it is still an issue. Number 1 is also my number 1 fixed.
    Tyree_Harris likes this.
  10. MineReepers Platinum

XP:
    120,601xp
    the revenant chain zombies ARE TOO OP they 1 shot you, they have no knockback so forget trying to hit them with swords, think you can use a bow? nope cause they teleport to you, want to run? maybe you can get away but be careful cause they swim faster than you and run faster than u, they spawn more frequent that pigmen do from minez and they are much much more difficult, not to mention this is only 1/8th of the map -.-
    friedpickle10 and Reillyrox13 like this.
  11. SocomX1 Retired Staff

XP:
    293,866xp
    Revenant zombies should currently not be killing you in one hit if you have adequate armor.
    Tyree_Harris likes this.
  12. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    118,168xp
    Game breaking glitch
    The cobble isn't "Cobble" so you can't craft any stone tools.
    Fix asap plox
  13. Keyboard Platinum

XP:
    213,353xp
    So bricks are throwable? Man, I can't wait.
    Also the items flying out of anvils reminds me of the first week of Annihilation where the ores dropped inside the cobble :lmao:
  14. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,950xp
    Will the next alpha test be open to anyone but plat+? I.e. Gold+ or silver+
    Looks like you guys went all out on this, absolutely cannot wait to play :heart:
    Also, from what I've heard, the reverent zombies sound crazily OP :c
  15. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Should the lag be fixed over time? That was the one thing that was causing me trouble.
  16. ppapa2000 Platinum

XP:
    57,140xp
    Add xp.
    Add more xp.
    Add them quests!
    Make the map even bigger!
  17. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    xp usually waits until the full release to prevent exploits.
    ppapa2000 likes this.
  18. moikka434 Emerald

XP:
    155,423xp
    Yes, this one causes lots of problems when some people begin to camp the anvil areas and try to steal the materials and gear from the anvil.
    -Support.
    asdfca likes this.
  19. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Are you going to add XP rewards for this weekend's testing?
  20. ppapa2000 Platinum

XP:
    57,140xp
    True, I was just joking anyway. :stuck_out_tongue: