1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

MineZ MineZ: Origins - Weekly Update #3

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by halowars91, Feb 13, 2017.

MineZ - MineZ: Origins - Weekly Update #3
  1. halowars91 Lead Builder, Developer

XP:
    117,623xp
    [IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Happy Monday, Survivors!

It's Monday, so you know what that means! Another update! Now with more food!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Changes:

• We recently discovered that there was a grocery store near Agni's spire. Because of this, we have been able to restock Agni's Spire with Baked Potatoes.Happy Valentines Day!
    • Furthermore, each spire now has a unique type of chest, and will give you a very special item that may help you in your quest.
    • Some locations have received a small buff.
    • MineZ: Revelations will come off of hiatus this month. Expect a new teaser for Revelations this Friday.
    • Weird cracks have begun forming on the spires. No word on the cause of this,yet.
    • Several bugs have been fixed in the MineZ Code. Check out Andrew’s post here.
    • Filled in the cave behind Zerbia waterfall. There is nothing there. I promise.

This week has been a very productive week here at the office of internal MineZ Productions. The whole team has been hard at work on various tasks.

MineZ Revelations has been a pet project of mine for a long time. It was something that I wanted to make, to create a backstory for MineZ’s conclusion. Last year, I released the first three episodes of it, before putting the podcast on Hiatus until I could continue my work on it. Now, as Origins draws ever closer, the series must continue.

In closing, a lot has happened in the past three weeks, and I’m so excited to show you all the work our team has done. My question to you is, what's your MineZ Theory?

With Love, The MineZ Team

2. ACrispyTortilla Retired Staff

XP:
    168,126xp
    Is that an improved wind spire in the picture?
    Tonko921 and Thomas_Dorland like this.
  3. MuffinMinister Platinum

XP:
    116,583xp
    ._.

I just want it to come out and relive the nostalgia that was 2013-2014 where the servers were full, everyone was just playing and having fun, if the player count surges back up to even half of what it was in those years i think the network is going to become great again.

We'd need some popular youtuber to do some videos on MineZ when the new update comes out tho
  4. Lil_Jeffy_com Platinum

XP:
    897,183xp
    What about MineZ name signs....

I paid for those.

That was like 6 months ago.
    Tonko921, Smartz_ and ACrispyTortilla like this.
  5. Lomrun Platinum

XP:
    209,777xp
    My theory of revelations is that the south we think it is, is exactly the north. Either that, or something got messed up into revelations. Since in the last episode the kid said he was heading north, towards ridgevale bridge and then saw the fire spire. So he went south, eventhough he said he was going north.

So our south is actually the north? Or did they mess up in the writing? Cuz I would like to know. As their is strong evidence in the minez lore too, that the south it really the north, but the story of the guy who went north on a ship, passing grayvale, disproves it. But crowmore's lore hints otherwise.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  6. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    They've been on the dev server, and are just waiting to roll with the map. :)
    Tonko921 likes this.
  7. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    I still have yo watch the last revelations
    Tonko921 likes this.
  8. Robertthegoat Co-Lead Developer

XP:
    394,144xp
    "Filled in the cave behind Zerbia waterfall. There is nothing there. I promise."

Rip
    Tonko921 likes this.
  9. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    holy shittt
    Tonko921 likes this.
  10. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Is cobwebbing fixed?
    Tonko921 and Bachelorette like this.
  11. kqce Emerald

XP:
    140,125xp
    ooh spicy
    Tonko921 likes this.
  12. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp
    my theory: so if the spires are cracking, there is some rogue mage who is trying to release the gods from the purgatory dimension. either this will cause an even worse apocalypse as the gods take revenge on the race that trapped them there, or they will ally with the humans to defeat hestril. if i was incharge i'd create rogue dungeons, places where the gods take up residence. they are like elite tier 2 dungeons and you fight the gods and then collect orbs which unlocks a thingy in agni which takes you to hestril and you have a big fight ;d
    Tonko921 likes this.
  13. edwaerice Regular Member

XP:
    9,586xp
    Sorry for that but i'm very bad in English ^^. I'm really enjoy by the MineZ work's team, because before the second update ( when i have come back with a friend on MineZ ), i thinked it was an abandonnated game after MineZ 2 flop. I realyy hope for all of us, player and worker, taht mineZ server's would be replenished after some update because the game is really hard and cool, but im european and i play on US server just because all shotbow's games are abandonnated in EU, no Anni, no Smash, no MineZ. So I hope a successfully back for MineZ, and go try for the 20th time this day the fire spire :lmao:.
    CU and have a nice day
    Tonko921 likes this.
  14. edwaerice Regular Member

XP:
    9,586xp

Don't know if i can become a good Yt because i never maked video, but i will do all my possible to do MineZ come back in France :)
    MTrout and Tonko921 like this.
  15. ncse Regular Member

XP:
    85,252xp
    Happy (late) Valentines Day Everyone! :heart:
    Tonko921 likes this.
  16. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    It's still 3:08 here! It's day.
    Tonko921 likes this.
  17. 100PercentHippo Retired Staff

XP:
    336,223xp
    I don't think I'm familiar with any issues with cobwebbing at this time, would you mind elaborating? (If it is an abusable bug, it would be preferable if you did so via pm)
    Tonko921 likes this.
  18. Bachelorette Obsidian

XP:
    453,504xp

To further elaborate, players seem to fall through the cobweb block when attempting to place them when descending from a surface.

He could be mentioning two scenarios, both equally significant to the gamemode:

#1: Failing to place a cobweb when descending from a surface, [falls through the web instead of landing inside of it]

#2: Falling through an already placed cobweb, an example of this could be the "Golden Spiderman Challenge" uploaded by BOTB_Justalittle in 2013, the group jumped off of the canyon and landed in a set of cobwebs without dying, this could really inspire the community to interact with cobwebs once again if they could potentially be tweaked as before.

TIMESTAMP: 11:06 - 11:10 <--- Example

Not sure if the version upgrade affects the idea, but I believe this is what Smartz_ was talking about.
    Tonko921 and Smartz_ like this.
  19. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Yep that about sums it up!
    Tonko921 likes this.
  20. Virevent Regular Member

XP:
    16,743xp
    I'm actually trying to do the St Roseluck Crypt and there is a lot of bug, a lot of buttons don't work specially the one before the wave room. I tried to swap server and it's the same bug on the 3 publics server. Is there a fix ?
    Tonko921 likes this.