1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix MineZ Dungeon Speedrun Records Thread

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by anman789, Feb 3, 2016.

No Prefix - MineZ Dungeon Speedrun Records Thread
  1. anman789 Gold

XP:
    14,146xp
    This will serve as the offical thread for recorded Speedrun times.
    (This thread was created in combination of the works of Fridge and TheLightSworn and the community as a whole. I'm just the measly thread owner.)

Submission Form
    Records Document

There are 2 official categories:
    Any % - Anything goes, including but not limited to Speed Pots and the Grappling Hook. (Note this is not an invitation to break Shotbow rules, that'll earn you an discarded run and probably a ban from Shotbow).

Speedless - These types of runs prohibit the use of Speed Pots or a Grappling Hook. This does not limit the use of Sugars however, as those are available to everyone.

These 2 types of runs will also fall into one of two other categories dependent on the number of people doing the dungeon.

Solo - Solo runs are self - explanatory. One person completing the dungeon. Due to the fact that not all Dungeons in Minez are REASONABLY able to be solo'ed. Therefore, Solo will also serve as the bracket for runs that use the absolute minimum number of people to complete a dungeon. The Minimum number will be considered the minimum amount of players (judged in accounts, not people, meaning alts are included as +1 people) that can reasonably complete the dungeon. This is to say for example, 3 people completing a dungeon smoothly versus 2 people completing a dungeon due to lucky RNG spawning a zombie to open a door. If it is found that a lesser number of people can reasonably (no complete reliance on RNG such as Zombie Spawns) complete a dungeon, then the scores and records and such will be updated as needed.

Group - Self Explanatory. As many people as you can fit, beating it as fast as you can.

Both Formats, Solo for minimum people and Group, once a member in the group has completed the dungeon, the timer may be stopped. However, the recording must catch the person finishing the dungeon, or the first person to complete must be the person recording. It should be clear that the dungeon was completed and when the first person managed to complete it.

Therefore there are 4 catorgories to fight over;
    Solo - Any%
    Solo - Speedless
    Group - Any%
    Group - Speedless

Submission:
    The Submission form can be found Here.

Start and End Times:
    Players are free to dispute where the start times and end times of a dungeon should be, and therefore it is requested that videos submitted to prove time include both a little bit before the dungeon starts (not to excess, 5 seconds or so should suffice) and a little bit after it ends. The community can also decide as a whole where these points should be. If a beginning point and end point for speed run times are decided for a dungeon, then they will be included on this thread for possible competitors.

For Glory:
    As I'm a lowly Silver, all I can say is that this thread serves for people who enjoy speed running dungeons, and want their names immortalized (so long they keep the time) on the thread. There will be a section right before the records for recently updated times. Dungeons besides the Elite Dungeons will be added to this thread AS TIMES ARE SUBMITTED. This is so that the thread isn't cluttered with Dungeons people will not run.

Discarding a Run:
    The are few things that can render a run discarded. This is done by;
    - Breaking Shotbow Server Rules.
    - Stopping a Speedrun timer early from a community decided stop time. Also includes starting later then decided.
    - Deliberate Trolling - Recording a 30 minute competition of a dungeon nobody else has run won't be recorded.
    - No Proof - Need I explain? Record the run if you want the record.

The Official Rules Document will be found HERE once it is complete. It will include specific rules for each dungeon, start and stop locations, etc.

Finally; This thread is a living document. As this is a community, everything in this thread is open for discussion and debate. None of this is permanently binding. If I forgot anything, should add anything etc, let me know.

Now that that's done, send in any submissions you already have recorded so I can start updating!

Dungeons:
    Anavalia Mines - Solo/Speedless - Brofessorscales - 37.9s Proof
    Flooded Tunnels - Solo/Speedless - Brofessorscales - 6:49:07 Proof
    Lost Thieves Guild - Group/Any% - Fridge2177, Minereapers, Mosh_Von_Void, Str4wberry, Nokah -Timer Stop: Once Legendaries Dropped: 4:07.357 Proof
    Saward Crypt - Group/Any% - Fridge2177, Mosh_Von_Void, Rezo_, Minereapers, Saints_Leedle, Nokah - Timer Stop: Once Legendaries Dropped: 4:15.035 Proof
    Warped Ruins - Solo/Speedless - BrofessorScales - 52.6 Seconds - Proof

Elite Dungeons:
    Paluster:
    Frostbain Catacombs:
    Shrine of Dusk:
    Desert Canyon Sanctuary:
    Anemos Sanctum:
    Path of Light:
    Goliac, Mychon, MTrout and 1 other person like this.

2. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    Would you like me to make a good doc for this? I thread might get lost at some point (other than to you of course) and having a way to submit times through a google survey or whatever its called would be very easy

Also Lost Thieves Guild - Group - Any %

Saward Crypt - Group - Any %

OneTupacArmy likes this.
  3. anman789 Gold

XP:
    14,146xp
    That would be great. I'm not sure if there is a way to give you access to this, but if you need it I can give you my email as a place for said submissions to go.
  4. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    I think you're talking about OoB like If it makes the run invalid and is something prohibited. OoB runs are actually valid, but noone can use bugs since the use of bugs/glitched strats can make you banned on Shotbow. Anyways, the 2 first things on the list (Shotbow Rules and Logging) + Death are OoB factors, but the other 3 (Stopping time, Trolling and No Proof) are just invalid runs.

But the Logging thing is legit, so If needed, people can logout dungeons and log back without making the run invalid, but they'd be OoB% runs. Other runs would be No OoB%, but I guess that term isn't needed in MineZ since you don't need to log on most dungeons (it is reserved for games that usually have OoB% runs).
  5. anman789 Gold

XP:
    14,146xp
    Made corrections, tell me if they're fit.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  6. anman789 Gold

XP:
    14,146xp
    I don't think OoB should be a category if it requires breaking shotbow rules. Death doesn't discard a run so I see no reason for that to be included either. and if you choose to log that's fine, as i'm sure it won't be often that you log to get a better time on a dungeon.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  7. BrofessorScales Emerald

XP:
    40,606xp
    I also have the records for Anvalia Mines and Warped Ruins for the time being

Anvalia Mines (37.9)

Warped Ruins (52.6)

Darnies (33)
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  8. Nokah Platinum

XP:
    528,648xp
    Can u please make all the text the default colour and keep the titles coloured? Would make it look better and easyer to read.
  9. anman789 Gold

XP:
    14,146xp
    Updated
  10. BrofessorScales Emerald

XP:
    40,606xp
    also my Flooded Tunnel time isn't on there :(
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  11. anman789 Gold

XP:
    14,146xp
    Updating your times right now. I don't think it's gonna include the practice dungeon one though x). If you have any others use the submission google doc.
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  12. Hangar_Straight Silver

XP:
    77,466xp
    I think they're good now, thanks for updating! xd
  13. BrofessorScales Emerald

XP:
    40,606xp
    also, edit suggestion. my times should be speedless on the spreadsheet
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  14. Mychon Obsidian

XP:
    106,374xp
    Paluster - Group - Any %

Devils Respite - Solo - Any % (Done by Fireknight1483)

Necromancer Tower - Solo - Speedless (Done by Fireknight1483)

Ghost Fleed - Solo - Any % (Done by Fireknight1483)
  15. Mychon Obsidian

XP:
    106,374xp
    Ghost fleed - Solo - Speedless

Lost Thieves Guild - Solo - Any %
    RichRamp likes this.
  16. mcepic47 Platinum

XP:
    277,986xp

Necromancer Tower, no timer on it (couldn't figure it out)
    OneTupacArmy likes this.
  17. LightswornKing Regular Member

XP:
    116,537xp
    Guys just fyi we (fridge) made a submission form for times. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ill edit most of the times in later
  18. FireKnight1483 Platinum

XP:
    948,262xp
    Thanks for posting mine Mychon! :heart:
  19. Mychon Obsidian

XP:
    106,374xp
    No problem :wink: