1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion MineZ 2 ... What would you change?

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by HighlifeTTU, Mar 18, 2015.

Discussion - MineZ 2 ... What would you change?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    Hi guys,

With MineZ 2 we certainly tried a lot of new things. Server instancing, a pvp zone, expanding crafting, and more. However, we don't always hit the mark on everything we develop. So, I'd like to open up this thread to the community to give your suggestions in making MineZ 2 a better experience for all users. Please try to support your reasoning behind any suggestions, as that will ultimately help us make the game mode better.

Thanks for your input guys.

2. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    The two things that I would focus on are the dungeons and lessening the amount of grinding it takes to get better items. It shouldn't be easy to get pristine iron armor, but it should be pretty easy to get pristine leather.
  3. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp

I've thought hard about this one. Do you think getting rid of the lowest tier of armor (ruined) and just having two tiers per armor set would help with the grind?
  4. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    What I think would be a good idea is removing the "ruined" tier for only the leather armor, but keep it for chain and iron.
    lenerdx, JiaJian, Greensabr and 6 others like this.
  5. andrew323 Retired Staff

XP:
    127,641xp
    Dungeons, like braiti said. Arena too. I don't think there's enough end game content yet to keep people in. You could argue houses, but that's just a grind in its current state.
  6. bchaikovsky Silver

XP:
    18,289xp
    I would really like to see boats and wolves added. As said above, making the game less grindy would definitely retain a large chunk of players. Gathering wool definitely needs a nerf. So many people have quit because of it. Wool is almost as valuable as diamonds! That should not be the case. I suggest making the wool recipe like the Vanilla recipe, a 2X2 in a crafting table.
  7. PastorVanNice Platinum

XP:
    10,562xp
    I know you already changed this but in minez 2 i joined and got killed by an invisible forsaken when the lag was happening, i had a pristine diamond sword and full pristine iron armour, it took me forever to get it, and i need it back because its not my fault i died of a forsaken because of lag.
  8. KytanApprentice Silver

XP:
    66,604xp
    I for one really like the upgrading system, though to be fair I have a lot of time I can afford to sink into the game.

As for changes, what I would like to see most is an expanded map and quest system. The current quests feel tedious and have little sense of accomplishment. Maybe higher tier quests could be unlocked by completing lower tier quests? The other problem with questing as stated by many is the looooong walk back to Asindia every day if you want to accept and turn in quests. Maybe Renn could sell an item for 5 quest rep or so that allows one time teleportation back to Asindia?
  9. Rrrepatiti Platinum

XP:
    138,140xp
    More Achievements!
  10. Expert Platinum

XP:
    18,075xp
    Honestly MineZ 2 is one of the most exciting and entertaining game modes out there we just need more content. I am thrilled highlifettu posted this thread and im hoping his intentions are to flip MIneZ2 off it back and get it moving again. Some suggestions I think that would be nice to add some dungeons even if it is just 1 in asindia that will get the people more excited for MineZ 2 and you can continue releasing more dungeons over a set amount of time also I think house grinding is fine just the way it is because if stuff was to easy to obtain everyone would have 10 story tall houses grindy house material adds trading to the community which did happen much when houses wern't around. I also agree with braiti and the leather armour to remove ruined leather. In addition end game content is what keeps players playing also maybe add more rare items to the game that are extremly difficult to get and im not just talking about dungeon rare im talking it takes you atleast 2 weeks to obtain this item to add another aspect to trading. As far as PvP and being in really only 1 of 2 active clans on MineZ2 currently we need more people to fight bringing more content will bring more people that MineZ2 needs. There are also alot of bugs that can be fixed right now but aren't I do realize that SocomX1 Did a bug fix about a week ago but maybe have a bug fix every 2 weeks? that would greatly improve MineZ2 and make it much smooth and enjoyable.

Thanks ~Expert
  11. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    I don't feel you have missed the mark too far, biggest issue is content right now, lot of people gave up waiting on bug fixes and updates. There are some good threads on suggestions in the forum for improvements, i'll dig up and compile the content of them here later, pretty common themes in them.

From my other thread on immediate simple(r) updates:
    • Diamond tools: Ability to craft diamond tools would allow us to continue to work on proficiency for new things. It means more people may shift focus to diamond farming so the house grind with the axe counts for something as most everyone building houses in the north has maxed the axe prof. And, most importantly, this means I can finally have the pristine diamond hoe of my dreams!!!
    • Mineable Ore: Not sure if there is a valid reason ores are nor mineable as of yet, but updating it where it is would address some of the concerns with the armor grind, or at least give options. To be fair, I personally feel that it isn't that hard to get pristine armor, but giving player an additional method to obtain/farm iron cant hurt. This would also allow me to get on some gold digs and LOOK FABULOUS ALL THE TIME(<-most importantly)!! Not sure if this would 100% stop the whinging about armor grind alone, but a start.
    • String Nerf: Lots of suggestions on the wool grind, let's be simple about it, make cobweb drop 3 string. Forget about the complex mechanics on other methods/suggestions, its a pain point, stick with an easy fix. There is also a suggestion that maybe wool should randomly spawn in chest, set with the same frequency of cobweb to fix this, also an easy add option, either or both would fix a very large pain point there.
    • Potatoes gonna potate: Allow potatoes and carrots that are in various location on the map to be farmed (and be baked where applicable). Cause why not, they are there taunting me as I wander the likes of Kuwana, get in my belly!!
    On the armor grind note, could just re-introduce iron tools to the north, have 8 stacks of iron to build you a full dura pristine in 15 minutes again :)

~j
  12. Rescye Platinum

XP:
    7,294xp
    I think MineZ would be much more enjoyable as a single map instance. One huge world where everyone is thrown together. No worrying about which server to join, buildings grow together to be world-wide communities. Entire new towns spring up out of existence from houses.

And no more bandits hopping on players.
    RichRamp, trampalicious, Vhay and 8 others like this.
  13. Gildor Regular Member

XP:
    41,614xp
    Wat.
  14. Expert Platinum

XP:
    18,075xp
    This would loose more people then it would gain....
    MineReepers likes this.
  15. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Personally I think that as a content creator that threre should be a duengon for an end goal, you might be able to get a few rather large youtubers back if you release a dungeon because before the only goal was to get prist iron, or maybe kill a gaint, doing a dungeon would be much more difficult.
    As a trader I feel that there should be a dungeon so that I can sell the legendary from it.

Either way +1 for a dungeon
  16. Ominous00 Gold

XP:
    16,814xp
    Main points:
    • Make houses less grindy. I wanted a house, but I couldn't be bothered, and that always annoyed me.
    • DUNGEONS! As Andrew and Braiti said, it would give the game so much more depth.
    • Proficiencies should be easier to obtain, attracting a wider audience of people.
    • Even BIGGER MAP! Because of *cough* RBH *cough* I just face to my table. I hate it when people ruin the exploration aspect of a game.
    • As Richard said, include Wolves and Boats. This would make the game insanely in depth. Also add cows and pigs into the environment, to liven the natural areas up a bit.
    • More quests. Simple additions like more quests give a better attitude to the play style of a player.
    • Invasions
    • And finally: No more server hopping. When I log into Grannus on a PvP Public server. I die.
    So a few points. Could be worthwhile, or could be shite.
    MacGoesMeep, Gildor and DiamondLance like this.
  17. Lethal_PvP Silver

XP:
    41,082xp
    something i myself have thought about for a long while is completely removing drink potions from the game and just making splash 1's and 2's. This would allow much faster gearing to fight which i don't think too many people who disagree with, pigmen are annoying enough to find, i think this would bring more active pvp which could prolong the enjoyment for the PvPers that do not enjoy wasting time hunting down pigmen for gunpowder or trading for it. Plus many pigmen spawn in the heavy populated towns where bandits hop, this would allow individuals a safer way to gear up as well and avoid getting destroyed by a clan
  18. TastiestTaco Platinum

XP:
    105,521xp
    I feel like the ruined tier of the armour should be removed, making it alot less time taking and boring to grind your gear at either Balsor or Kollheim (being an easy target of bandits). If their would be just 2 tiers of armour people will continue playing after dying because they know they do not have to be grinding for so long to get all those iron bars etc.

And I also feel like there should be some kind of player trading system. I've been thinking about this for pretty long. For example; make once a week Hamlet a safe heaven where you can trade your loot with other players or NPC trader, so you can actually still do something when you are pristine iron instead of killing people. Maybe you can get like materials for your house from the NPC traders and food.
    I_Nicolas, Bry1117, Kitsarin and 4 others like this.
  19. Gildor Regular Member

XP:
    41,614xp
    I think that it would be really cool if you made it possible to find ruined and worn tiers of gear Ina chest. I think that would keep people interested in looting, eliminate grind, and bring back the excitement of finding good gear that was in minez 1
  20. __J___ Platinum

XP:
    11,713xp
    I_Nicolas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.