1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question MineZ 2 Map?

Discussion in 'MineZ 2' started by Mistri, Oct 13, 2014.

Question - MineZ 2 Map?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,066,631xp
    Is there going to be another MineZ 2 map made by RedBanHammer? If it is in progress, awesome. If not, you should ask him to start on it!

2. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    85,532xp
    Many people were opposed to the idea of the interactive map, because they wanted MineZ 2 to not have a map so it would have that old nostalgic feel where people had to make their own maps to find and explore places. RedBanHammer hasn't stated anything about making a map, so if you want one I guess you'll have to go ask him yourself.
    atheil and mistriman like this.
  3. megagamester Silver

XP:
    30,142xp
    they said that they would only have redbanhammer make a map when the community makes one and then the will release an official map.
  4. RedBanHammer Silver

XP:
    5,074xp
    Hi, for MineZ 2 I plan on working closely with the Shotbow staff to provide the best experience possible for the community. Whether this translates into a staged rollout of several map iterations or something else is still under consideration. Above all else, keep in mind that MineZMap.com *is* the community's map; the information displayed is sourced by the community for the community.

As a side note, I still feel that the complaints levied against MineZMap.com are unfounded (not that there are any present in this thread). If the original MineZ is any indication, there'll always be some form of a map floating around. MineMap simply consolidates well-known information from the community into a single accessible source. Additionally, MineMap provides players with tools to individualize and maintain the novelty of exploration. With a few clicks in the Marker Options menu, one can hide location coordinates, loot chests, or even entire location markers. I have no words for those who don't take advantage of this feature yet gripe about the lack of exploration opportunities.

Anyway, I've digressed... to recap: Yes, there will be a map for MineZ 2. Yes, you'll have a chance to explore the world. No, I can't prevent the novelty of exploring a new world from wearing off.
    atheil, boogaert, Mistri and 4 others like this.
  5. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    642,040xp
    well yay.
  6. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    Huh......
    Well I can't wait to get out a piece of paper and start writing towns down... :D
  7. Majicou Retired Staff

XP:
    96,499xp
    Well said, Red. People sometimes ask me for location of certain stuff/landmarks to me still! Maps are community efforts, I am sure that just like the first days on MineZ people will rush scrabbling anything even barely resembling the landscape and call it map to help each other and cartograph for MineZ 2 too. Can't wait to see what you all will be able to pull out. :)
    vampire_toothy and mistriman like this.
  8. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,045xp
    As he said, RedBanHammer is working on a map, that being said a lot of staff members have said they would wait to release it/let him release it so people get to explore more.
  9. IsaiahJH Platinum

XP:
    48,553xp
  10. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    85,532xp
    I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting out my colored pencils and huge paper pad. I would use Rei's minimap but we all know how that goes.....

[IMG]
    vampire_toothy and pablodd like this.
  11. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    642,040xp
    Pencil and crayons are ready just bought them now.
  12. IsaiahJH Platinum

XP:
    48,553xp
    bad comment 3 stars (out of 5)
    DJ_smileyxD likes this.
  13. MOAB4leader Platinum

XP:
    43,986xp
    (High school eduction)
    *Takes out graphing paper*
    This is how the pros do it...
  14. shrauger Regular Member