1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Mega EULA Thread

Discussion in 'The Network' started by linisastald, Jun 12, 2014.

Discussion - Mega EULA Thread | Page 35
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Midnight Gold

XP:
    17,748xp
    Is it just me, or does Shotbow seem like its shoving us onto this thread and forgetting about us? Because they are oh so active to shut down EULA related threads.

2. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    I understand that I seem kind of ridiculous, but all I was saying is that it seems like the only way to show Mojang how bad of an idea this was would be to show the massive decline in players when big servers go down.

And here's an equally dumb idea:

We should program from scratch a game that could replace minecraft, but not be subject to the EULA. It wouldn't have to have anything but a framework to add modules to which would alter the style of gameplay. For example, there could be a module that simulates vanilla minecraft, a compatibility layer for bukkit, and other stuff.

This is what happens when I think up ideas in the middle of the night.
  3. Dag_The_Pimple Platinum

XP:
    50,424xp
    it is the right thing but its do damn late man dont you get it we payed TONS of moneys not talking only this server hypixel too. and btw the multiplier is not pay to win, ass getting xp is possible with non premiums so they dont have any reason to ban this. also they say ingame things cant be baught this is not xp that we buy exept what you just said no buying xp annymore, ok i agree but premiums have all rright to get there multiplier xp cause its not an ingame item its just multiplier xp in the discription of EULA they only say "ingame" items ...

if you go tho @notch on twitter you can actually tell him what you think if we all do it we will probably get them to stop EULA

I AM WITH YOU, WE MUST MAKE AN ELITE FORCE TO FORCE THEM MAKE EULA STOP . I HAVE SPOKEN DO YOU HEAR ME MOJANG I AM COMING FOR YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Thanks god mojang did this... well they should off looked better. dont think they even took the time to look at this server and see if its pay2win cause its not. its not hard to get xp with out premium i had loads of kit when i did not have platinum i only got one more since i'm palt and thats yesterday that i buyed this

not for long... not for long

SAY WHAT NOW i thought you where a admin!
  4. Robobot1747 Regular Member

XP:
    27,084xp
    Sextuple post. Not cool.
    pokepeople01 likes this.
  5. Vol_Cane Regular Member

XP:
    24,067xp
    No thats my thing.
  6. Luigigames Silver

XP:
    6,717xp
    while other servers fall, the players on those other servers may join us and make us unstoppable.
  7. Mersid Regular Member

XP:
    114,574xp
    All money sent to SBN is used to upgrade and maintain the servers; therefore it is not commercial use. How can Shotbow be sued if they start selling stuff again, provides devs get no money from it?
  8. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Because it's still against the EULA and the contract that Highlife has agreed to with Mojang.
  9. SpaceWarp Emerald

XP:
    118,168xp
    Wait lets take a moment.
    What parent is so stupid to leave their credit card out
    :lmao:
  10. IkusaTakuma Regular Member

XP:
    5,550xp
    That is the massive effect it will have, nobody on earth will ever play on a pay to even log on server, if he was going to do no more pay 2 win, he would have been better off doing no more multiplayer.
    either that or established it before we got used to pay2win, then we could probably go with it.

also, donating is NOT PAY2WIN!!!! pay2win is a jerk player making you pay to even remotely do anything on the server. and the money of pay2win goes for the owner to spend for himself. DONATING is a player happily giving money and not expecting anything in return, and the person who puts the money to the server is kind enough to give something in return.

and I've been getting reports that even servers that comply are getting sued for not complying

Also, this means that popular youtubers like Skydoesminecraft, PopularMMOs, Deadlox, MinecraftUniverse, and really any youtuber that has posted something minecraft, will have to stop because youtube pays them to post them, resulting in not complying to EULA, these youtubers rely on their funny minecraft videos to make a living. What do you expect, for them to stop? at least a good 80% of gaming on youtube is minecraft related.

I'm ok with the EULA for now, cause no servers I really love have gone pay to play.
  11. Paskov123 Platinum

XP:
    362,085xp
    I may not be correct about this, but to all the people complaining about the new changes due to eula, it wasnt really shotbows fault. They have to follow the new agreement or they wouldve been shut down. It may not be as good as before in terms of donation perks, but im sure that the great shotbow team is looking for ways around EULA and ways to improve the server nonstop.
  12. TopfRiese Regular Member

XP:
    3,744xp
    I thought about that and I think that we should do a rebellion against mojang
  13. IkusaTakuma Regular Member

XP:
    5,550xp
    yeah! every server go nuts with pay2win!
  14. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    I like how the admin who posted this isn't even an admin anymore.
  15. cujo69 Emerald

XP:
    173,269xp
    This kind of what I was fearing the whole time. Sure mojang stops some of the pay 2 win servers but all that going to happen is servers are going to go to pay 2 play with very basic free stuff that are not very server intensive. Not everyone is donating to benefit the server, it would be nice to think so, and in short they are but realistically a lot of people donate because of the perks, and there's nothing really wrong with that. But now these perks are being shutdown, and the people that usually donate for perks aren't going to see the value in donating money just for a simple pet or particle effects.

So networks will probably keep some their more popular gamemodes free2play but the motivation to continually update and maintain the free2play gamemodes will be a lot less appealing to developers than ones that are pay2play as that will keep their networks and servers afloat.

I think Highlife, lazer, and bunch of the other main networks owners realized that they were getting the short end of the stick here.

Wouldn't be surprised though if a lot of the upcoming gamemodes require premium as the joining perk would get a lot more people to donate.
  16. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    Premium benefit idea.

I think we should let premiums be able to organize their inventory for spawn items in minez. How it would work is there would be a sign in the minez lobby. When you right click it, it opens the inventory you have when you spawn in. You then can move stuff around. When your done and exit it saves it.
    TopfRiese likes this.
  17. Neon_Sulfate Regular Member

XP:
    17,030xp
    Here are some of my suggestions from another thread: What do y'all think?

some creative ideas:
    • When players get killed in annihilation and other game modes by premium members, they could get custom death messages, rather than the regular alternative
    • There are a lot of creative things the dev's can do with the player's avatar, perhaps different colored auras or cosmetic features that envelop the character.
    • When premium players join game modes, they get snazzy chat introduction, as oposed to the player 'has joined the game'.
    Megaplaylist64 likes this.
  18. Wun Gold

XP:
    109,844xp
    Those sound like good ideas. It's nice to see a regular member who's not like "wah wah boohoo premiums get no benefits TOO BAD NUBZ" :heart:
  19. Neon_Sulfate Regular Member

XP:
    17,030xp
    hehe, thanks :stuck_out_tongue:
  20. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Who cares? Herp derp
    AlexSushiDog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.