1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide May the AQR be with you.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Mysterious_Seven, May 3, 2019.

Guide - May the AQR be with you.
?

Hey whats up?

I'm eating the endless mountians, the gravel patches are much easier to digest 2 vote(s) 14.3%
I'm cliff diving into a black hole, I'll be in the history books. 12 vote(s) 85.7%
  1. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Happy Starwars Day and may the Force be with you.
    Take me to the Annihilation Quick Reference

Subsidiaries:
    New Features:
    • XP & Enchanting Statistics Page!
    • Combat Calculator now represents all factors for two players, with data validation!
      • Added more effects! (Completed Jul. 3rd 2019 @2:47pm EDT)
    • Rudimentary block breaking page, not locally calculated currently.
    • Reworked pictures in Classes Sheet to display in-cell! (Completed May 11th 2019 @11:00pm EDT)
    Existing Features:
    • Introduction Page
    • Trivia -- with tips and other things to give you an edge in game.
    • A full class reference sheet, the namesake of this project.
      • Added a Class Lookup, now you can display two classes alongside each other!
        (Completed Jul. 3rd 2019 @2:47pm EDT)
    • First Enchant chart! (Not yet patched)
    • A Shop and Boss Buff item list!
    • The Potion Catalog!
      • (Completed Jul. 3rd 2019 @2:47pm EDT)
    • Overviews of Armor Protection and Bow Damage
      • Moved to the Combat Reference (May 19th, 2019)
    • [WIP] Map Ore Counts (For Map builders)
    • Tournament Brackets [2018-2019 Season]
    If anyone is interested in shaping minecraft, and thus Annihilation in the future, be sure to check out the official Minecraft feedback website. The Current Hot Topics page is a pretty cool read. Minecraft's 10 year anniversary! (May 17th 2019)

I usually use Extra Credits as a source for many of my game design arguments.

Previous forum posts. You might consider looking over these first if you have a question.
    Version 4.0 May 4th, 2019: Current
    Version 3.0 Dec 25th, 2018: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/my-gift-to-you-aqr-update.391216/
    Version 2.0 May 19th, 2018: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/the-quick-reference-has-been-updated.386407/
    Version 1.0 Oct 25th, 2017: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/annihilation-quick-reference.379921/
    Version 0.1 Sept 6th, 2017: https://shotbow.net/forum/threads/class-loadout-list-and-commentary.378028/

2. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Summary of Suggestion [Goal of Suggestion] (Further thoughts)

-------------------- (Added from V3 post 2 on Jan. 2nd, 2019 @ 12:52am EST) --------------------
    Bard: Add a passive that gives teammates faster natural health regeneration. [To make the presence of a bard during escape more survivable] P.S. Add a placeholder for the bard box so if destroyed it is returned and cannot deleted.
    ADAPTED Berserker: On death lose 6 hearts (12 points) of health.[To mimic, albeit slightly, the balance changes introduced by Robinhood]
    Builder: (See Scout debuff 3)
    Defender: Ability to block arrows with his shield. [A master of defense should have a few perks to defend himself!]
    Engineer: Change name to Demolitionist. [The class has changed to the point it is unrecognizable]
    Handyman: Give chain leggings. [What is a handyman without his tool belt?]
    Healer: burst ability (45s) should be scaled back, Lower CD and heal proportionately. [To make this ability less punishing when accidentally used.]
    Hunter: Trigger traps when players are higher above them. [To not let Scout grapple over traps without triggering them or getting affected.]
    Iceman: Turn lava into Magma blocks when passive is toggled on. [To fix this Bug: Lava can sometimes be broken while ice and turn into water]

Scout: Since this is a huge point of contention, I've opted to make several suggestions of which to toy with.
    Give a slightly longer cooldown.
    [Allow more time for arrow shots]
    ---OR---
    Alternatively, if the CD is non-negotiable think about adding an extremely short debuff that prevents grappling, punishing scouts for getting hit in succession. Scouts would have to time their pulls as to not line up with this momentary debuff. You could forgo all of these to just not allow grappling while a certain number of enemies are nearby.
    [Punish reckless scouts for team diving when unprepared]
    ---OR---
    If debuffing the class itself is not at all an option, consider adding blocks to the Builder class that cannot be grappled to.
    [Scout edge guard and defense] (These could be converted into anti class blocks to prevent dashing and the like.)
    ---OR--------- (Added from V3 post 5 on Jan. 1st, 2019 @ 3:30pm EST) --------------------
    Make the grapple have a higher cooldown when stretching beyond the normal throw distance.
    [Make the distance covered more consistent to the average]

-------------------- (Added from V3 post 13 on Jan. 26th, 2019 @ 4:27pm EST) --------------------
    Lumberjack: Change Brute Force sosometimes it breaks armor, and sometimes it ignores a portion of armor. [To make this class more viable as a front line class]
    Ninja: Add Mining fatigue and randomized look direction (x axis) to Smoke Bomb. [To momentarily stop nexus hits and to better disorientate the enemy.]
    Robin Hood: Track kills separately from ranks. [So death is more forgiving.] (This class loses rank+progress.)
    Scorpio: Turn friendly player hook into a "Ninja star" projectile that pulls enemies. [To prevent escapes and to increase accuracy in close range.]
    Sniper: Highlight the sniper for the enemy shot for 1 second. [Position reveal is an integral part of snipers in any game.]
    Spy: Allow spy to use ability closer to nexus' on single entrance maps (or remove it altogether). [Walk back preemptive nerfs] (The ability itself lets people know that you are near and doesn't need a second nerf)
    Succubus: Remove Life Drain. Add Demon Skin: Immunity to damage (but not knockback) for 3 seconds. Indefinite cooldown until you get 3 kills (that award xp) within 10 seconds. [To better suit competitive play]

-------------------- (Added from V3 post 15 on Mar. 17th, 2019 @ 10:18pm EDT) --------------------
    Berserker: Add "Great Hunger" which doubles natural regeneration speed but also halves the saturation gained from each piece of food. Can be active ability or passive depending on how it's implemented. [To give the class sustain.]

-------------------- (Added from V3 post 16 on Mar. 18th, 2019 @ 4:24pm EDT) --------------------
    Defender: Change Guardians Pearl to an Iron Door / Endstone. (Just shorten the ability to "Guardian") [So that class ability isn't lost due to a bug]
    Dasher: Change Blink ability to Popped Chorus Fruit. [So that class ability isn't lost due to a bug]

-------------------- (Added from V4 post 5 on May. 5th, 2019 @ 12:48am EDT) --------------------
    When I saw the Vampire update incorporate the lucky effect to show that it was too light, I had the idea that every class should incorporate this lucky effect as an easier way to display cool down. This is especially needed for classes like Acrobat, which do not have an item to signify cooldown. Also the particle effects could be turned off, like it is for Vampire.
    Anything to move ability cooldowns to the HUD would be amazing.

-------------------- (Added from V4 post 17 on May 25th, 2019 @ 12:32am EDT) --------------------
    Assassin: Give Assassin the Berserker's (rumored) damage passive and buff it considerably. [Assassin is currently only used for Nexus rushing] (Possibly add a few absorption hearts to reduce risk.)
    Builder: Add ladders to Resource Drop. [streamlining]
    Spy: Allow Spy to use class ability near nexus'. [Ranges from the nexus are not balanced well in maps] (Decreasing CD or increasing duration are alternatives)
    Defender: Have defender "riftwalk" to defending positions depending on how far away they are from the nexus. [To give emergent gameplay to defending mains, making defending more engaging.] (Other class features like regeneration and extra health stay on shorter distance rules. Under 40 block distance could be instant "rifting")

From what I've seen, making something slightly overpowered is a good way to collect lots of data on how to further balance it. Spy's ability got nerfed before anyone could get invested in playing with it, and its fallen by the wayside because of it.

-------------------- (Added from V4 post 18 on May 29th, 2019 @ 8:34pm EDT) --------------------
    New players need better access to Annihilation classes.

I propose that premiums be able to vote on unlocking a single class per game. This would breathe new life into the game as the meta would likely change per game according to the unlocked class. It would give a clear and desirable perk associated with premium. I believe this
    would give both new and old players more engaging games and would be a step in the direction of growth for Shotbow.

-------------------- (Added from V4 post 23 on Jun. 17th, 2019 @ 1:15pm EDT) --------------------
    The Player queue wasn't a fix for all the problems, just the most pervasive and abused forms of team stacking. There were simpler fixes which should've been used for a short term fix while something better was built. But to dwell on the fact is pointless.

I want the queue to only extend joining into phase 3. Players should be contributing to starting new games rather than trying to keep joining a single one, especially if it could potentially lock fully geared players out of the game because of a leather wanting to play with their friends. This is the reason why I didn't want premiums to take priority over regular players when rejoining a game. It isn't that premiums don't deserve to play, its that everyone deserves to play a game they've been in from the start. And in the reverse situation I would prefer a game to end prematurely if there weren't enough players in the game rather than letting it continue to its unsatisfactory end, as I have had recently.

-------------------- (Added from V4 post 24 on Jul. 3rd, 2019 @ 2:47pm EDT) --------------------
    Ninja: Turn into a cloud of smoke while inside of smoke bomb. [To make the disorienting of the smoke bomb more effective]
  3. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    573,724xp
    Keep up the good work. Actually murg was first like and not me
  4. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    616,362xp
  5. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    When I saw the vampire update incorporate the lucky effect to show that it was too light, I had the idea that every class should incorporate this lucky effect as an easier way to display cool down. This is especially needed for classes like acrobat, which do not have an item to signify cooldown. Also the particle effects could be turned off, like it is for vampire.

Anything to move ability cooldowns to the HUD would be amazing.
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Hey players! Slapped together a few png files to insert into the launcher. Full Album here: https://imgur.com/a/tuv93

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

Since I don't want crossover between modded clients and Shotbow, I created some pictures to better define my Shotbow Client. I separated them by changing the Shotbow profile's game directory to "%appdata%\.minecraftshotbow"
    (Singleplayer, Options and Server List don't carry over, so be sure to copy them if you do the same)
    This way I cannot accidentally join Shotbow.net because it will be on a different server list as all my other profiles.

-M7

EDIT: I created a guide on how to do this in depth here. Good luck!
  7. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Reworked pictures in Classes Sheet to display in-cell!
    Google Sheets didn't have this when I started, love taking advantage of all these updates.

While I'm here, I'll post an idea off the top of my head.
    Remove Spy's nexus debuff. [It got preemptively nerfed.]
    Allow Spy to use class ability near nexus'. [Ranges from the nexus are not balanced well in maps] (Decreasing CD or increasing duration are alternatives)
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    29,368xp
    WHAAAAAAA?!?!?!

I'VE WANTED THIS FOREVER!
  9. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Huh, well I whipped it up like two years ago.
  10. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    29,368xp
    L I N K P L E A S E
  11. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    39,401xp
    If I get that I won't need to check my version!
    Also forums is pronounced four-umms.
  12. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    I can tell you how to make it tomorrow.
    45 by 45 pixels. Good luck spelling it right. Also I didn't mess up on the pronunciation, that's spelling. [Fixed]
  13. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    39,401xp
    I know I just said that for no particular reason.
  14. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    29,368xp
    oof
  15. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Hey, here's an idea.

For ranked games all classes are unlocked and you employ class gating based on K/D ratio.

Edit: yeaahh.. Not every idea is a good one. But hey at least it gets people talking.
  16. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    573,724xp
    im for a quick 1v1 tourny but everyone only plays 3 matches and this will give you your classes
  17. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    Assassin: Give Assassin the Berserker's (rumored) damage passive and buff it considerably. [Assassin is currently only used for Nexus rushing] (Possibly add a few absorption hearts to reduce risk.)

Builder: Add ladders to Resource Drop. [streamlining]

Spy: Allow Spy to use class ability near nexus'. [Ranges from the nexus are not balanced well in maps] (Decreasing CD or increasing duration are alternatives)

Defender: Have defender "riftwalk" to defending positions depending on how far away they are from the nexus. [To give emergent gameplay to defending mains, making defending more engaging.] (Other class features like regeneration and extra health stay on shorter distance rules. Under 40 block distance could be instant "rifting")

Edit: From what I've seen, making something slightly overpowered is a good way to collect lots of data on how to further balance it. Spy's ability got nerfed before anyone could get invested in playing with it, and its fallen by the wayside because of it.
  18. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    New players need better access to Annihilation classes.

I propose that premiums be able to vote on unlocking a single class per game. This would breathe new life into the game as the meta would likely change per game according to the unlocked class. It would give a clear and desirable perk associated with premium. I believe this
    would give both new and old players more engaging games and would be a step in the direction of growth for Shotbow.
    zoomninja3000 likes this.
  19. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    772,544xp
    Prems are memers I can guarantee its the same crappy class every game.
    Better idea:
    Each new game has a different set of free classes. Instead of the same set for a whole 7 days. Also, please remove the free class feature for those who already have them all, it messes up the order.
  20. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    198,376xp
    The same class every game huh? No way. The maps are very different.