1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Make MTA Into Its Own Server

Discussion in 'Mine Theft Auto' started by de3tr0yer2025, Jul 16, 2017.

Suggestion - Make MTA Into Its Own Server
  1. Myrkgard Regular Member

XP:
    5,101xp
    Now I know that it's possible to link servers and I'm not sure if Shotbow is set up this way but I think that it's a good idea to make MTA joinable via an IP such as Play.MTA.net. and to advertise it as its own server. My main reason for this is that right now a dedicated Minecraft GTA server such as grand theft minecart is getting more than 500 players daily and I feel that MTA is a worthy competitor but not many people know about it. With this, it would allow more people to know about it instead of it being somewhat hidden behind Shotbow.

2. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    It already costs a lot to make a EU instance, a whole server, just for mta sounds a bit unlogical.
  3. Myrkgard Regular Member

XP:
    5,101xp
    But this may bring in players who will then hopefully donate. But I believe that Shotbow may already be set up this way, as most large servers are.
  4. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I mean, I am not a admin or Navarr or something.
    I cant say: "Yes we are doing this" or "No we cant do this".
    So lets just wait for a answer from someone else, shall we? :stuck_out_tongue:
  5. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    The gamemode MTA originates from the Gameblade Network, it was already independant in the past. It was later on merged with Shotbow as an original gamemode.
  6. Runkelpokk Platinum

XP:
    581,668xp
    ,,But this may bring in players who will then hopefully donate. But I believe that Shotbow may already be set up this way, as most large servers are.,,

do you mean a own server for mta or a mta ip to connect to shotbow ?
  7. MCDuckler Platinum

XP:
    310,131xp
    There is already a minetheftauto.net domain which leads to the Shotbow Lobby, maybe they could change it to the MTA Server...? And yes Shotbow uses BungeeCord to connect their servers c:

Gesendet von meinem SM-A500FU mit Tapatalk
    Ultimativemaster likes this.
  8. 134891949 Regular Member

XP:
    223,881xp
    Shotbow really needs to advertise more for their gamemodes, since occasionally, the player base drops to pretty much at 290-299
  9. PeAcE_W1th_Al1 Silver

XP:
    5,512xp
    MTA is one of mini game in shotbow plus server hosting cost need money so actually cant i guess better make ./play [game name] would be more good
  10. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    And how would you manage the two+ servers ? Pay another server just to redirect people ? Useless spending.
    Making a MTA specific IP won't cost more as they already have a domain name (if you don't count the extra lobby problem), but I don't think it'll bring more players.
    They should work on the referencing of MTA, because when you type "grand theft auto minecraft" (which would be the most common research for this kind of server), MTA does not appear in the 5 first pages.

It is the community's role to advertise a server. Instead of making posts saying the server is dead.

It's better for shotbow in general to redirect to the lobby. People who want to play MTA will see there are other games and may also play them, and it works the other way.