1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Annihilation Major Combat Update

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mistri, Nov 19, 2018.

Annihilation - Major Combat Update
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    [IMG]

English
    Greetings! Today we're happy to announce a large change coming to Annihilation regarding combat.

What is it?
    Our developers have been working for months on end to completely redesign the core vanilla system of 1.9 PvP from the ground up to mimic the exact feel of 1.7 PvP with improved hit detection. Having personally tried it out myself, I'll have to say it feels amazing to have the good old 1.7 PvP feeling in 1.9, and I can't wait for all of you to try it out.

We've fixed various problems such as hits not being registered and not being able to combo people during fights. Some changes include:
    • You now take more knockback and can easily be combo'd to the air.
    • Picking up items on the ground no longer cancels your item consumption (drinking or eating).
    • Your hits will register after you quickly switch items in your hotbar slots.
    I want it, when is it rolling live?
    We're happy to announce that this will be rolling live just in time for Thanksgiving in the United States:

RELEASE DATE & TIME
    Wednesday, November 21, 6:00 PM CST

Is this final?
    We are rolling this to the live servers, however we will continue adjusting and fine-tuning the values to mimic 1.7 PvP as best as we can. This means that what you see on Anni will be close to final, but there may be slight adjustments to the feel of the PvP. Once it's released, we'd be happy to hear what you think about it, so please let us know on this thread!

We hope to see you all at the release, and we hope you're as excited for this as we are. Thanks for flying Shotbow.

日本語訳
    ごきげんよう!本日、Annihilationコンバットシステムの変更に関する大きな発表があります。

どんな発表ですか?
    デベロッパー達が何か月も前からバニラのコアであるコンバットシステムに変更を加えて、1.7を真似たコンバットを1.9上で実現できるように働きかけてきました。私自身試してみて、懐かしい1.7PVPを1.9上で経験できたと感じています。皆さんにも是非体験していただきたいと思っています。

幾つかの修正・変更を行いました。ヒット判定や1.7の時のようなコンボ等。
    • ノックバックが変わり、空中でもコンボできるようになっています
    • アイテムを拾うときに他の動作がキャンセルされなくなりました
    • 手持ちのアイテムを変えた後、ヒットが出来ない現象が修正されました
    いつ実装されますか?
    アメリカの感謝祭に合わせて実装する予定です。

リリーススケジュール
    日本時間の11月22日(木)午前9時

実装されたらそれで終わりですか?
    実装後も1.7により近づけるためには微調整が必要になる可能性があります。実装時は1.7に近い状態ですが、プレイヤーの意見を聞いて更に調整を行う予定です。

日頃からShotbowをご支持くださっているプレイヤーの皆様へ心からの感謝を申し上げます。

2. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    thank god the game mode was getting stale
  3. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I'm hopeful that this will stop people from making the '1.7/1.8' posts. Won't hold my breath though (some people might be too adamant).
    Can't wait to try this out.
  4. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    92,093xp
    Great, one more day!
  5. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Gee, didn't you guys do this over a year ago? Seems odd that this was never on the to-do list yet it randomly appears out of nowhere? Weird that this priority queue something that seems fairly simple would take longer than completely stripping the pvp system. This should have been done a long time ago, are you really only motivated to improve the server when you are being threatened? Anyone who plays/played anni on shotbow has seen the videos coming out on youtube; poor strategic move shotbow, very manipulative...
  6. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Both the priority queue and the improved PvP system have been in works for months. The priority queue is now being tested at the same time as the PvP. I fail to see how this is "manipulative", we've been working to bring this to you for many months now and it's finally ready.
    enzeru2525 and InstantLightning like this.
  7. YeahKotu Gold

XP:
    160,084xp
    Nice update!
    Mistri likes this.
  8. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    It seems odd that this update would randomly appear after a "rival" or as you may call it "knockoff" nexus gamemode server was recently released; as you have had this pvp update ready for over a year now. And I know this because in the summer of 2017 2 or 3 sandbox tests where done by *unnamed staff* advertising these same pvp improvements. And from what I got from playing they were received quite well by the testers.
  9. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Ah yeah, that. Complete coincidence, honestly. And pretty good timing for us, if I do say so myself!

Where did you hear that this PvP update has been ready for over a year now? I can assure you that claim is false; I tested it yesterday after the final features were freshly coded.

And do you seriously think that we've been depriving our playerbase of a very wanted update for a year, waiting for a popular member of the community to make a rip-off Annihilation gamemode? That's absurd.
    Mohawk2 and enzeru2525 like this.
  10. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp

sorry edited

Why these improvements were not implemented sooner is a good question.
  11. InstantLightning Jr. Developer, Web Mod Lead

XP:
    384,964xp
    I mean even before a knockoff server was released we have been working on pvp updates. See MineZ PTR, PvP has been improving ever since that was released.
  12. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Please feel free to PM me proof of the unnamed staff talking about PvP improvements in 2017. If there were any going on they were so top-secret that none of us knew about it, including our lead developer :lmao:
  13. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    You are kidding me right? There were public tests my friend. Don't try and strawman me. The story has been the Devs are busy dealing with attacks that development has slowed down, then bam we have completely changed the pvp which couldn't have been easier than a priority queue. Shotbow has had this code for a year now and never released it.

its nice to see we are getting an improvement but why wasn't it back in 2017?
  14. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    Okay my friend, think what you want to think. We're trying our best and what you think we've done is absurd, I'd be happy to see any proof that you have!

Regardless, let's all take a step back and enjoy the present! We now have 1.7 PvP and the Priority Queue is coming soon! :)
  15. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    I guess I'll have to dig up people to testify to you that these tests happened.
  16. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    I'm sure bringing this up now will help the code get released a year ago. If this did actually happen, then it was a bad move on Shotbow's part to not release the code for such a long time, but at this point it's just counterproductive to keep arguing about it (and to be fair, a lot of things are in the works for a lot longer than expected, such as MineZ Origins part 2).

Regardless, I think the next step would be to actually advertise the server and this new combat system - after all, it's meaningless in terms of bringing in fans of 1.7-1.8 pvp if none of them even know about it. Even just encouraging voting for Shotbow would help. I mean, when players are looking for a new server to play on, where exactly are they going to find Shotbow? I think something like this would be a decent solution (but with voting), as it doesn't break the EULA and doesn't pressure anybody to spend money. It's just a thought, but I mean, it's a free way to try to bring in more players. Also, Shotbow cross-platform when?
    Mistri likes this.
  17. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    For those of you reading this conversation, myself and Hingey resolved this in a Discord DM. There were in fact very minor changes to PvP hit detection on the Anni Sandbox in mid-2017, however these were eventually scrapped and were unrelated to this update. :)
  18. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp

Let me step in here.

While I don't recall if these tests were performed or not, I'm almost certain that it was during the tenure of other developers that are no longer with the team and that such updates were incomplete.

I'm also very certain that the current new PvP changes are coming entirely from Doc's work on MineZ PTR. Essentially, while work is being done on the priority queue and other facets of Annihilation, Doc made some advancements in MineZ and brought them over to the Annihilation community.

This is how a good development team works - and we're pleased as punch to bring you these updates.
    Mistri likes this.
  19. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    If you don't think that updates take months to roll out I want some of what you're smoking, and I don't even smoke!
  20. YeahKotu Gold

XP:
    160,084xp
    Please change Gapple to 1.7. Solorush is very difficult.