1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Low Minecraft FPS? [Must Read]

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Anti_Zombie, Feb 19, 2015.

Guide - Low Minecraft FPS? [Must Read] | Page 3
  1. JorgeCJNG Obsidian

XP:
    40xp
    lol I get 700-900 FPS Highest setting 16 Render :^)

2. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    Ok, So i have done all these things but the Optifine. I really want to install it on my windows pc. However, when it comes to installing things that aren't just click a button and they install, I have problems. I have installed many programs before after some trial and error, but have never had success with installing Optifine, bukkit, or any of those minecraft things. I'm wondering if someone could make a really noob (with pics) directory on how to install. I have watched lots of youtube on it and they have a bunch of stuff that I don't have on my pc.

...Oh, and with everything but the Optifine - i get 6 fps consistently. :eek:
    Anti_Zombie likes this.
  3. JorgeCJNG Obsidian

XP:
    40xp
    optifine.net there installers :lmao:
  4. Murray9658 Emerald

XP:
    11,804xp
    Do you want me to make an Optfone installation tutorial?
    Sgt_Alvin_York likes this.
  5. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    Wow guys. Fast replies. And sure Anti_Zombie. That would be great.
  6. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    Not sure if trolling or not, whatever.

Actually, OptiFine has an install button :stuck_out_tongue:
    First you have to run Minecraft at least once before the OptiFine installer will work.
    You should download OptiFine from http://optifine.net and then open it using Java (Right Click -> Open with... -> Locate Java (probably C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.x.x_x\bin\java.exe))
    Then it should open and you simply have to click the Install button

[IMG]

After that a OptiFine profile should be available when you launch the Minecraft launcher.
    (Written assuming you are using Windows, if not tell me)

Updating the gpu drivers may also increase graphics (especially if you haven't updated your drivers since World War II)

Quick-guide on how to update gpu drivers:
    In almost every case Windows Update is worthless for driver updates.

Find out what GPU you have
    MC_Villager and Anti_Zombie like this.
  7. Murray9658 Emerald

XP:
    11,804xp
    That's good explanation, can I add it to the Guide?
  8. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    Sure :)
  9. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    That is very self-explanatory. However, I'm not quite sure if i have Java or not. I'll be back soon and try it. Then I'll update this. Thanks.
  10. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    Java is required for Minecraft to work, so if you can play Minecraf you have Java :)

P.s dubble clicking on OptiFine.*.jar will probably also work, above mentioned method should only be used when that fails (eg when dubble clicking opens it in WinRAR or another program)
  11. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    Ok. I'm going to go try it.
  12. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    It worked!!. Thanks so much!
  13. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    Now I'm trying to install rei's mini map. -A tutorial for that? I've watched several vids and all im getting is a mess.
  14. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    For that you'd have to download the forge installer from http://files.minecraftforge.net and run it just like the IptiFine installer.

Then you have to go to .minecraft (Windows + R and type in %appdata% or search for %appdata% in de program search thingy, you should go to C:/User/{your name}/AppData/Roaming) and make a directory called mods inside .minecraft and a folder with your mc version inside mods (eg C:/User/{your name}/AppData/Roaming/.minecraft/mods/1.:cool:.

Then put the OptiFine INSTALLER.jar and ReisMinimap.jar inside the mods/{mcversion}.
    Open the Minecraft launcher and select the Forge profile, everything should work now :)

(Sorry for the poorly formated post, #justmobileuserthings)
  15. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    Now can I still use Optifine at the same time?
  16. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    Right now I have a profile with forage and a profile with Optifine. I need to find a way to combine them and add rei's mini map too.
  17. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    #
    # A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
    #
    # EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x280d3e88, pid=1764, tid=3500
    #
    # JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_40-b25) (build 1.8.0_40-b25)
    # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.40-b25 mixed mode windows-x86 )
    # Problematic frame:
    # C [ig4dev32.dll+0x3e88]
    #
    # Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
    #

This is a debug error for someone who is trying to help me.
  18. Kabryxis Gold

XP:
    69,256xp
    This usually means the application is trying to access/read/write a file it either cannot find, is corrupted, or does not have permission to access/modify.
    This seems to be the file Minecraft is trying to access.

Aka run Minecraft in administrative mode.

Use Forge to load Optifine. Use your Forge profile, go to your .minecraft folder (Windows + R -> type %appdata% -> OK) find the mods folder in there and put the Optifine download in there. Then run your Forge profile.
  19. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    159,589xp
    Also, make sure you're using the correct OptiFine, Forge and Minimap version. Forge usually crashes if you did something wrong in the /mods folder.
  20. Sgt_Alvin_York Platinum

XP:
    59,027xp
    I've got the right version of those and they work. I just need a reis minimal for 1.7.2