1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Loot/Class Suggestion - Scrolls/Mage

Discussion in 'When in Rogue' started by _frostie, Jun 27, 2014.

Loot/Class Suggestion - Scrolls/Mage
?

Which would you prefer?

Scrolls! 3 vote(s) 75.0%
Mage class! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Both! 1 vote(s) 25.0%
None! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    Hi. Today, I thought up a suggestion for either loot or a class for When in Rogue. (or both)
    I'll start out with a simple video showing what they could possibly do.
    Scrolls
    These would be found throughout dungeon rooms with varying effects, like fire, wind, shock, ect. with great rarity. They would also have scaling power, say Weak Scroll of Burning Flames, and Strong Scroll of Rushing Water. However, along with being somewhat strong, the scrolls would have both one use and a cooldown of how many can be used in a period of time. (1:30 min maybe) There would also be scrolls along with being harmful to mobs, there would be more helpful scrolls, like Scroll of Minor Healing, or Scroll of Minor Stamina that would give a small team wide bonus.

Suggestion from gaguzzi: Scrolls are found in libraries, rather than around in rooms in dungeons.

Mage
    not too fond of it now to be honest but whatever
    Like scrolls, there could be a class that has a few spells like I've shown in the video. I'll get right to it.

Passive: Mana Regen
    Like healer in annihilation, the mage gives out a pulse of the green happy villager particles that give a quick burst of mana. This would give a 5% boost of mana, and it would stack in intervals of 2.5, so at most it would give 12.5% regen.
    Item: Bottle of Xp

Ability 1: Spell of Undying Flames
    As shown in the video, the user would be surrounded by fire, burning whatever mobs are around.
    Item: Redstone

Ability 2: Wand of Gusting Wind
    The user would give a blast of air that does a half a heart of damage to whatever was shot by it, also doing great knockback to it.
    Item: Blaze Rod / Stick

Ability 3: Spell of Freezing Water
    Water would flow from the user, freezing whatever hostile mob that comes in contact with it. One heart of damage would be dealt, and the hostile would be stuck in place giving breaking ice particles from it as long as it is stuck. However, all mobs that were frozen would be immune to being frozen again for 25 seconds.
    Item: Lapis Lazuli

Feedback is appreciated, thank you for viewing! :)

gaguzzi and someboxy like this.

2. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    Another choppy video of a minor healing scroll
  3. gaguzzi Platinum

XP:
    59,497xp
    This looks pretty neat. I would like to see some more interesting non elemental based scrolls for example a scroll of teleportation or a scroll of summoning that gives you a temporary monster/animal on your side. I like it when people provide videos and screenshots in their suggestions and I love it when they try to make their suggestion in vanilla.

Could you share some of the codes or maybe a world download? I'd like to tinker a bit with the idea and if you want, I can try making some.
  4. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    Sure, I'd love to see what other people can come up with!

I ran both of these in 14w26c if that matters, but anyways:
    Fire scroll commands and healing scroll commands. If it isn't much also to ask, could you try to maybe make the scroll a map rather than paper, because it can then be used anywhere instead of being stuck to having to stay in one particular area. I wasn't able to make it work. Thank you also for your feedback! :D
  5. gaguzzi Platinum

XP:
    59,497xp
    Sorry I took so long. Here's my version of a Scroll of Summoning.

I haven't completely mastered the map but I found a way to do it, all I have to do now is build some huge letters for it to show up on the map. I'm also not very good at making clean codes so it's a complete mess. I'll clean some of it up later.

Pretty much everything is customizable. The sound effect, the particles, the speed, damage, the lore, everything. You could even change the mob that spawns(you'd have to make it friendly and make it follow you which isn't too hard to code).

Maybe there could be library rooms that have scrolls in them instead of finding them randomly around the dungeon.
    PineFrost64 likes this.
  6. _frostie Retired Staff

XP:
    616,157xp
    It looks great! The way you did it with a map is great anyways, it still lets you use the scroll anywhere in the dungeon! Good work! ;o