1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Annihilation Livestream - Nexus Natters

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Murgatron, Apr 19, 2019.

Annihilation - Livestream - Nexus Natters
  1. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp

Hello everyone! :)

Join me tomorrow at 4.30pm US Central time for a livestream I'm calling Nexus Natters.

I'll be chatting about some potential upcoming changes to Annihilation and giving your an insight into how I approach tweaks, balances and the overall design to the mode.

I'll be covering:
    • Balancing mobility classes
    • Encouraging more teamwork
    • Improvements to Spider class
    I will also cover some community suggestions on the forums so be sure to get your ideas down. There will be a chance to ask questions during the stream as well.

I hope you will join me for the stream - if it's a success we may run more of these in the future!

See you tomorrow!
    ~Murg :heart:
    JeTi_Brothers, Clip, Fluffoon and 4 others like this.

2. Anthobot Platinum

XP:
    99,151xp
  3. Monster_Bug Platinum

XP:
    17,840xp
  4. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Oh... no. I mean... yes? I wonder how people will react to the way you approach balance. Should be interesting to hear any way it turns out.
  5. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    92,093xp
    Nicee, i'll be there!
  6. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    Interesting
    LegendaryAlex likes this.
  7. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Gonna miss the stream due to work, looking forward to watching the VOD though
  8. Th1ccN1bba Regular Member

XP:
    142xp
    no one cares about spider LOOOOOL
  9. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    Hopefully after the changes we will
  10. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    THAT'S THE POINT! They want it to actually be a useful class that is used!
    Murgatron likes this.
  11. Exstern Platinum

XP:
    85,064xp
    special appearance by me
  12. LegitHunkinBoi Regular Member

XP:
    7,106xp
    Just watched the first 36 mins. Really liked the stuff on mobility kits, "being able to pick and chose your fights is powerful" is pretty much what I've been saying since I started playing. Like with the scout v bloodmage example. It doesnt matter if bloodmage has a pvp advantage if the scout can just run and heal come back until he wins, etc.

Just yesterday in one of my games, blue had a large group of all scout/dasher players. It was so boring I wanted to leave the game. Theres no counter play to that. If any get low they can get away. They dont risk losing gear because they can get away. Nothing I can do to try and pick one off because I'm not a mobility kit and dont have a large group.

The sooner this is live to test the better. I'd enjoy playing infinitely more. As a not mobility class user, they steal my joy. Every other player I run into is scout or dasher. Even if we out play them they still get away. I want to use the less comon classes to try and do interesting plays but its just so not viable when everyone is a mobility kit that has much more weight than any of my abilities with no little or no disadvantage.
    Hingey likes this.
  13. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    863,715xp
    Woah woah woah hold on there. Can someone write down the changes to spider? I really dont see it needing a buff, its a class so little people have experimented in I dont think many have seen how useful the class actually is.

Its a high skill cap class that not many people have put time into, The web mechanic is like other high skill classes like Scorpio and Wizard it takes some getting used to. The webs are alot more powerful than murg presented them. In a real game situation you dont have time to dodge the webs spawning around you or even right on top of you. Even then it isn't that hard to push an opponent into a web or use them as crowd control. I see the pyramidal webs becoming extremely annoying when multiple people play this class more than it already currently is.

As for the slowness and weakness buff:
    *slowness doesn't effect the speed at which you ascend up ladders or webs
    *also why weakness? we don't need another "run away class" like scout and dasher

The silent vines was a good idea. +1

Spider is more effective effective than many perceive it to be. If you think it needs a buff I encourage you to put some time into spider maybe it will change your mind. Also the webs block arrows if your looking to really hat trick the class.
    Mysterious_Seven and Ivandagiant like this.
  14. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I don't think if a class is good people won't use it. Anni has a big enough playerbase where that doesn't happen, and if no one is using it because it has too high of a skill cap, shouldn't it be changed? That's a problem, at least in my eyes.
  15. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,537xp
    This inspired me to buy spider. Honestly it doesn't look that bad... I bet with a whirlwind wizard you can get people stuck easily. I do think the vines are pretty useless though considering how slow you climb
  16. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    Hah. The universe is predictable, change my mind.

also, isnt CHANGES to the spider class the exact point that you're making? You're really making a terrible impression.