1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Literally ruined MineZ again

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Kryanine, Jul 21, 2019.

Discussion - Literally ruined MineZ again
?

Do you like having Chain in Mil Epics?

Yes, I want to sit for hours on end for Chain Repairs! 9 vote(s) 50.0%
No, I want to be rewarded for taking time to gear up. 9 vote(s) 50.0%
  1. Kryanine Platinum

XP:
    56,375xp
    This is not meant to be another post complaining and offering no good constructive criticism, but I am shaking my head at the recent changes to MineZ. The combat update is amazing, thank you for the Development team for all the hard work on that. But the loot "balance" changes are absolutely pitiful. WHY, I mean WHY did you add back chain to Mil_Epic Chests. I literally looted Zerbia for an hour and still only have Iron boots at 25 durability. Why on earth would I ever want to visit any places with Mil_Epic chests when I can literally just get full chain in most southern towns and an iron sword. The recent Loot changes ruin the point of anywhere north to get gear and turn it into a massive grind to get Iron and be able to either go do the Harder Dungeons or PvP. When you lose incentive to gear up it just turns to a half-ass gear up and a bunch of chain vs. chain fights with whoever has a speed pot or more sugar can win. PLEASE make it to where it is worth it to go anywhere relatively up north and I'll be able to come out with full iron under an hour. The way the epics previously were perfect and there was absolutely no reason to change them. This is another case where there are changes being made that affect the player that doesn't want to sit for hours on end at a place that is supposed to reward you for going north. I love MineZ but I don't have the time from when I played countless hours every day when I was 13. Please listen to the community Shotbow, I know y'all guys make the game but when the player count is slowly climbing and there is hype for an update why change ANYTHING that makes it more of a Grind/ Nerfing northern towns.

2. MarineAP Obsidian

XP:
    543,386xp
    Chains being in mil_epic does not lower the chance of getting irons. We moved some % from smite swords to chains, because with no chains being in epic, you have only around 10% chance to get an armor, and about more than 70% chance to get a sword. We are thinking of reducing the % of chain and move it to smite swords, but trust me, just because there are chains now in mil_epic, it doesn't mean they affect other loot spawnrate.
  3. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    I think it'd be fine if sugar we easier to get for speed. I could be iron and no speed but if a chain person with speed goes at me he has a massive advantage.
    Saviour likes this.
  4. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    The game doesn't feel more grindy to me personally. I have had no trouble getting Iron. I think chain being added doesn't mean that iron is more rare, it just seems to have created the feeling that it is. People seem to associate chain with being bad and lowering the chance of iron. This isn't necessarily true and is most likely a placebo effect you are feeling.

The game in less grindy states than now even had chain in epics before; the game was never bad then so I urge you to not let placebo's rule your interpretation of the games quality.

Lastly I'd like to add that the answers to your polls are worded in an extremely bias way, and leads to a really in-effective statistic even if you manage to gain a lot of votes. I'd feel more inclined to vote fairly if it was more objectively looking for opinions rather than displaying your own personal feelings towards the change. (nobody wants to wait endless time for chain repairs but that isn't the reality of the situation and even if a chest is good it's possible that it has bad loot in it some of the time, example potion chests can spawn splash 2's but also drink 1's, getting drink 1's and not getting splash 2's every chest does not make it a bad chest).

Hope this helped
  5. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    that's a pretty dramatic thing to say
    Smartz_ likes this.
  6. Kryanine Platinum

XP:
    56,375xp

Ah, it seems I spoke without knowing the actual change. I appreciate you for explaining that for me, while my reason was adding chain back into Mil_Epics the underlying theme was the amount of grind in total. I'm not trying to use Zerbia as just a one sided example, but I view it as a good one because for how north it is the loot isn't that good. I get that Zerbia is more of the less dangerous northern towns, but having it to where it is still going to take a while to get full iron in my opinion is not good for the game. I believe this could drive off new players that are not experienced enough to go to the higher tier areas (FI, Hell Tree, Agni, Byesford) and are left wondering why was it worth it to come north if they still aren't getting rewarded? Zerbia has a good mix of rares which spawn chain, so I just don't see why chain belongs in Mil_Epic. I'd suggest upping the rate of iron in Epics vs. including chain in them, if someone wants to go to a place where it is purely epics (Top of FI, Byesford) I think it is fair to say that they should know the risk going there.
    Marine_PvP likes this.
  7. Kryanine Platinum

XP:
    56,375xp

As stated in my reply to Marine, Most places that have epics also have rares which spawn chain. I understand what you are saying about the placebo effect, but I don't see in your post you giving a reason why they should be in Epics besides what they were in the past. Yes, the poll was one sided based off me being frustrated, but video games are something I do for fun, I'm not here trying to have the most credible MLA cited discussions that are neutral. I'm just expressing how I feel about recent changes and If I didn't care I wouldn't have posted. I do appreciate you replying, it's good to see some community engagement and activity and I hope we can all help make the game as best as it can be.
  8. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp
    I'm glad you want the best for the game, I share the same hope. As to why they were added back from what I understand smite swords were just clogging up too much of the chests values. So the chain balances it back out without actually making the chest worse in literal terms. The reason I cited the past epic chests is those worked very well comparable to the modern ones clogged with smite swords. I personally felt it was worse to get only smite swords compared to chain. :)
  9. HellionX2 Emerald

XP:
    89,273xp

I think increasing the amount of iron in epics is a possible route, but it would require drastically lowering the amount of epics on the map in my opinion. If iron were to be as common as chain in current epics there would need to be very few epic chests even in the far north. I'm not too sure how this would pan out personally.