1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Last month of Shotbow.

Discussion in 'The Network' started by ripsh0tb0w, Dec 9, 2016.

No Prefix - Last month of Shotbow. | Page 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistri Network Lead

XP:
    1,695,816xp
    While there's some truth to both sides, the only thing we can say for certain is that since 2012, things have only gone downhill. Now, this does not mean that Shotbow is going to die at all.

1. (this isn't meant to be an advertisement) -- I own a server! Guess what my player peak in the past 3 months has been? 3 players! Yet it's still up, running, and NOT dead. I know this isn't the same -- but if what you're arguing is true, then Shotbow can easily downgrade servers and keep the cost low, with a smaller, more friendly playerbase.

2. I actually don't think what I said in point #1 will ever happen, though. We've got around 700 players online average, which is still awesome, and this is mainly because of what? I agree, some of the games are buggy, and the 1.9 update has still not come out. But, what does this mean? Shotbow said that they would start the 1.9 and 1.10 update a long time ago, and are promising it by the end of the year, which is very close. I'm guessing that they're waiting for our finals to be over, then will release everything at once: the 1.9 and 1.10 update as well as the MineZ origins update, and tons of other stuff (hopefully GhostCraft). Why are they taking so long, even with all of the new developers that they recently hired? They are probably making the games 100% bug free! This can probably be the only explanation. Once this huge update is released, all that's being complained about in this thread will most likely be invalid, and people will start to rediscover Shotbow. Hopefully then, the playerbase will shoot back up, looking to recruit new players during the holiday season.

So, if what I said is all true (I have no idea), then Shotbow is going to go uphill from here -- hopefully. The only thing they would need is good advertising, which I hope they have planned and accounted for (I have some advertising suggestions if any staff want to PM).

That's my view after reading this thread. Let's see what happens... long live Shotbow.

2. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    The last weekly arrow was published December 4th.

We are not promising for a release by end of year, we are aiming. That is very different. I'm tired of people using ETAs as promises.

We didn't hire new developers, we added new volunteers. People who go to college, have jobs, or both!

Long live Shotbow!
  3. spolendina Emerald

XP:
    175,586xp

When I go onto the home page the most recent arrow is November 27
  4. DJ_Pedro Administrator

XP:
    3,771,356xp
    I see it as well. Anyway, it is not The Weekly Arrow from November 27. You can see when it was posted at the bottom left corner of the post.
  5. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    The weekly arrow is a list of changes over a week's worth of time. The date in the title of the arrow is the start date of that week. Which means the date the arrow is posted is 7 days later than the date in the title.

It does say "Changes from the week of ..."
  6. HungerHealer Silver

XP:
    19,178xp

Nice meme tho
    Rixhack and Braiti like this.
  7. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    We have question you want to shut down Shotbow? or make Shotbow great again? And if you choose the former please answer when are you going to do it? If you choose the latter please answer specifically what you intend to do?

And when can I get new rank?
  8. Navarr Councilor

XP:
    1,333,433xp
    There are no plans to shutdown Shotbow.

We will keep going until it is no longer feasible to do so.

Possibly even longer.
  9. _Narsha Emerald

XP:
    886,864xp
    LOLOL WHY DID I BUY A $100 RANK ON HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Braiti, Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr and WWII like this.
  10. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    Because you still play on the server and you secretly still love the server.
    ripshotbow likes this.
  11. Creeperker Ruby

XP:
    1,944,942xp
    I love Shotbow, so I will continue to cheer you, but if you do not improve quickly Shotbow will really die. Money is born from money, Shotbow can earn money as much as you spend money. Shotbow is a really nice server. I don't want to make it like waste.
    Bergmanman likes this.
  12. Bergmanman Platinum

XP:
    558,653xp
    This guy is keeping it real. Really read and think about what he is saying.

I could go through every quote and explain what I like about it and what I think should be done, but I don't need to. Everyone can tell that he just wants what's best for the server and its games. Isn't that what we all want?
  13. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Alright, but if you guys keep arguing about shotbow (almost always the same things), the admins will get sick of you guys. And I dont think any1 wants that.
    Dinohoot8 likes this.
  14. waltster Regular Member

XP:
    133,890xp
    Hi,

I can't agree that since 2012 the server has been dying. It was very much alive in 2013, and much into 2014. I'm sad to see so many of the influential and founding staff leave, and when there is a nearly complete turnover of staff I think the server will die. There's nothing like the originals because they've got the most dedication :D

So, with that in mind, Minecraft in general isn't as popular as it was. More and more kids play now and typically on their phones, so I'll be impressed if the community grows with mature players. But I think the biggest killer was when premium lost its benefits.

Let's not lose hope, but do keep a clear perspective.

Cheers and long live Shotbow,
    Walt
    Rixhack and ripshotbow like this.
  15. DerMongoose118 Regular Member

XP:
    119,142xp
    I feel as though the lack of players is from the difficulty to push into 1.9 for smaller networks, and not to mention larger networks like Hypixel and Mineplex muffling said smaller networks.

All we can do is wait...

If 1.9 Shotbow hits, it will definitely be a great update. A "Christmas Miracle" to be exact...
    LegendaryAlex and Dinohoot8 like this.
  16. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    A Christmas Miracle in 2017
    ripshotbow likes this.
  17. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    If u stop being negative all the time
  18. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,678xp
    If u start seeing reality all the time
    Rixhack, Kazumii_, Bergmanman and 3 others like this.
  19. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    Alright mature, dont think that possible but ok, mr I am always right
  20. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    lol someone's triggered
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.