1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Knock knock

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by Jedrek_O, Mar 17, 2017.

Discussion - Knock knock
?

You there?

Yiss 4 vote(s) 40.0%
*Sounds of void* 6 vote(s) 60.0%
  1. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp
    Anyone there?

Ever since that god damned sign bug it felt like SMASH community started dying. Before that on fridays there were at least 30 people in lobby. And now there are two or three fellows roaming hub pointlessly because they can't access any arenas. I don't know what even happened to the beta server. It was almost always empty (Probably because 1.9 SMASH felt too clunky or something) and now I can't even access it. Are you guys still out there?

2. Unicycle43 Retired Staff

XP:
    322,934xp
    I am out there c: Although I'm not a smash admin
    From what I understand the sign bug is not fixable for 1.7 because of moves toward 1.9. The sign bug and many many other bugs are fixed in 1.9, it just needs to be released. The update is currently ready to go except we need a specific few people to all be on at the same time and be available for a few days in a row to fix anything should it go horribly wrong as well as for the minor things should they happen. So right now, I can only say have patience, thank you :3
    okometabetoku likes this.
  3. LegendaryAlex Platinum

XP:
    449,178xp
    I am still playing smash sometimes. I love the game, its one game I played in the past too (2013) with anni and wasted :). Too bad it has bugs now man! But I heard from kingey that 1.9 will be amazing!
  4. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Hey! Sorry about the sign bugs. Honestly, it sucks that it is still there. We try our best to fix the signs when we see them, but we honestly lack the manpower needed to have signs available 24/7.

Like others said, this bug is fixed in 1.9 (thank God). It's just a matter of waiting. There are also some fun things coming around the corner for SMASH that I'd be excited for!

For now, please re-select your language in settings to fix yourself so you do not break signs. Thanks! :)
  5. Jedrek_O Regular Member

XP:
    26,019xp

I'm not really bothered by the sign bug itself. I know you guys did your best to solve it, but for some stupid reason only few people bother to re-select the language, even when there are signs in 2 languages telling them to do so. I suppose this thread was less of a complaint one ,but more of a round-up of forum active SMASH players
  6. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Yah it's unfortunate. People either do not understand what we mean by changing their language, are bug abusers, or just do not read signs. But as I said, we try to fix them as often as we can.