1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Just an idea...

Discussion in 'Wasted' started by Barr3l_Boy10, May 30, 2013.

Discussion - Just an idea...
  1. Explorement Regular Member

XP:
    115,620xp
    In Arma 2 there are many buildings out there just like wasted right? But what about the airfields? It would start up a place where flying vehicles would spawn. And it would have military loot in the hangars. Now I have been thinking about this for a while now but what about having like barracks next to them? Now of course the airfield would have military loot. Like M4 (scoped) and even to singularity grenades( but not often maybe like 1/100 chance to get a singularity grenade there). Now of the reason i put singularity grenades in here is because the airfields would be a complete warzone! You would be crazy to run in there and grab loot and run out. #YOLOSWAG much? But another thing i have been wondering about it how come there are no sniper towers out there? I know theres those sniper skyscrapers in the major cities. But those are the major cities we are talking about! Oh yeah and dont forget about those archer towers. But if someone throws a RL or a grenade in there your gone. But with the sniper towers it would be really tall well not that tall to the point you cant see anyone but like 15 blocks tall or something. So in that case if you get hit with a RL or a mech your tower would be fine. Now figuring a way on how to get down. What do you think? Say it in the comments below.

Thank you for reading,
    Barr3l_Boy10

EDIT: I just realized that i should have moved this to the ideas and suggestions forum page. -_-
    blackchickenx9 likes this.

2. Eggo Platinum

XP:
    817,771xp
    You don't need new towers to snipe from, there are sniper tower place-able structures, and tall buildings, even in smaller towns. You can always just camp a tree. Though your point on
    is not correct, because explosions scale upward....lol. That means that if you blow up the bottom of a building, the explosion collapses all blocks above the blown up blocks and makes them all fall down. If you were in a tall tower or building and the section 30 blocks below you blows up, your gone.
  3. Miner_Mate Silver

XP:
    12,514xp
    Flying vehicles would require the game to be recoded, thus forcing player to modify their jar files on their client, and that's no fun. Plus, we already have jet-packs, and in my opinion, that's more than enough. :)
  4. Eggo Platinum

XP:
    817,771xp
    Not if they use squids :eek:
    Miner_Mate and Squeeval like this.
  5. Miner_Mate Silver

XP:
    12,514xp

[IMG]
    nickachu94 and camo3333 like this.
  6. Explorement Regular Member

XP:
    115,620xp
    I completely forgot about that whole physics thing in the game.
    I found out somewhere that they were talking about jet-packs and then after it said that they would have it until there were helicopters etc. But that was when i first started playing 2 months ago and i forgot where i found it.
  7. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    Cant you simply create a buildings tower that goes high, because it would be something very awkward to find a 15 blocks tall sniper tower in the middle of nowhere.Also i dont want airfields and this kind of stuff to appear, because Drop Zones are already a complete warfare that we are always trying to go and dominate for nice loot.Air fields can disperse the battles and make small and fun less battles on objectives.Look how stupid:Dominate an Air field,take the diamond there and blow up any way to climb it.Nice it will be super hard to get taken!
  8. Miner_Mate Silver

XP:
    12,514xp
    Seems interesting that the Shotbow crew would take on such a massive task. Coding a helicopter from scratch is going to take ages.
  9. digger1213 Platinum

XP:
    31,572xp
    The airfield is a "ok" idea, but that would kinda remove the purpose of drops or the objectives. And then the objectives would get forgotten. I think jetpacks are good enough, theyre op already, if there were planes or something the objectives would be pointless because everybody would want those instead. Itd make a infinite source of grenades and good guns etc and as said, the objectives would be nearly completely abandoned.
  10. Explorement Regular Member

XP:
    115,620xp
    Well if the airfields would be packed people would get good things from the airfields and head to the drop or gunship. Thus creating massive havoc there and it would be more of a challenge to hold the drop.
  11. Explorement Regular Member

XP:
    115,620xp
    Considering how much lazer and highlife have coded i think they could do it. I mean physics in minecraft. How hard was it to code that!? Maybe it was pretty easy but i have faith in them.
    Miner_Mate likes this.
  12. Miner_Mate Silver

XP:
    12,514xp
    Indeed, the falling building mechanic is very well done, and thus coding a helicopter should be a breeze... Hopefully... :wink:
  13. Explorement Regular Member

XP:
    115,620xp
    Many people are saying it should be a ghast. All you would have to do is to be able to control it. It already flies so you wont need to do that part of the coding unless they want to make it better flying.
    Miner_Mate likes this.
  14. Miner_Mate Silver

XP:
    12,514xp
    Yes, a Ghast would make coding much easier, because the vehicle is already coded for you! Just need to make is controlable. Maybe if if could take multiple people and have dual machine guns... I will regret saying this.
  15. Explorement Regular Member

XP:
    115,620xp
    yeah like a regular heli in wasteland.
    Miner_Mate likes this.
  16. Miner_Mate Silver

XP:
    12,514xp
    Indeed.
  17. GonzoMan Regular Member

XP:
    25,627xp
    Anyone ever play Star Wars Battlefront 2? I was thinking along the lines of one of the Spawn Ships. They had really weak guns on them but players could spawn in on them when they landed. If we could maybe buy a mobile spawn beacon from Pause for 10000, it would make objective based gameplay much more complex, as teams could move from town to town. It would also make the slow carrier ships a target by other teams to destroy/capture. Just a thought, but I think it would be fun to have it. Oh, and the dropship should also have 4 rows of storage, so you can basically have a nice mobile base. So, REALLY EXPENSIVE, but also REALLY worth it.
    Comments n such plox? Don't hate :lmao:.
  18. MarkWalrus Regular Member

XP:
    64,627xp
    You can already carry the diamond in a mech suit so i dont think it would make too much of a difference.
  19. Eggo Platinum

XP:
    817,771xp
    Lol, just did that earlier today, you get soo many kills :stuck_out_tongue: