1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Item/gold death drops

Discussion in 'Slaughter' started by Jarool, Mar 17, 2015.

Item/gold death drops
?

Agreed?

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 1 vote(s) 100.0%
  1. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Here's my idea:

Certain waves allow a percentage chance of item drops, but you also have a chance of respawning with stuff.

Here's the basic idea: As the wave number increases, your chances of keeping your items decreases. Dropping increases, then decreases.

Say, Wave 1 death is 100% keep, 0% drop, 0% lose. (Each item gets it's own seperate chance)
    Wave 2: 95% keep, 5% drop, 0% lose. (It's possible to drop one item and keep the rest. It's also possible to drop all items)
    Wave 3: 90% keep, 5% drop, 5% lose. (It's possible to lose everything)
    Wave 4: 85% keep, 10% drop, 5% lose.
    ~~SKIPPED~~
    Wave 22: 0% keep, 5% drop, 95% lose.
    Wave 23: 0% keep, 0% drop, 100% lose.

By the last wave, death equates to 100% loss. This way, you can risk death in earlier waves, but you must try to stay alive in later waves.

Now, gold is a different thing. I'm fine with possibly dropping items you have, but hoarders are in almost every game you play. I sometimes hoard. I sometimes charity everything. I usually don't during late in the game, since I'd need to give someone full iron just for them to stand even a little bit of a chance. So, for gold dropping, I say... depends on what you wear. The better the armour, the less gold that drops. You can use the armour points to calculate this, so, having 100 gold with full iron will only drop 25 gold (7.5 armour points is 75% loss). No gold is kept on respawn.

Those are my ideas for the problem of losing items... I was gonna reply as a comment to another thread, but I felt it was a bit big for a reply and needed it's own thread. For the thread I was gonna reply to, http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/keep-items-on-death.297265/

What do you guys think of this idea? Post some comments or something.

2. Piti101 Retired Redstone & Slaughter Lead

XP:
    56,718xp
    Balancing it is something that's going to be a bit finicky, So it's not that we don't want to add it, It's that if we do it needs to be fair and balanced. Something is in the works and given the green light it'll be added.