1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Is this really the current state of MineZ community?

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by ZeusCannon06, Jul 18, 2019.

Discussion - Is this really the current state of MineZ community?
  1. ZeusCannon06 Regular Member

XP:
    60,152xp
    Hey,
    I'm a very old player of the network. I was playing here when Last Man Standing was a game. Shotbow was the #1 MC server. I have only returned to Minecraft recently after like 4 years.

Joining back, I see the server only having a couple hundred players at a time. Well, it kinda surprised me, as the most high quality games are here. I was shocked to see the server having died over the years. But I give MineZ a shot as an old favourite. I even got the Speed Potion achievement in the past!

Well, after a couple of lives I came to the conclusion that the good community is gone. Back then, people were working together. Not using speedpots to rush and kill newbies in southern towns. Seriously, 90% of people as soon as they see you, they charge you to get your stuff. Or trick you into somewhere where 2 of their friends pounce on you and give no chance to even offer something up to spare your life. This game is definitely challenging enough without PvP but this horrible community has - as I'm observing the player numbers - destroyed it. I thought the community was bad on the current #1 server (I don't want to mention it), but having seen whats going on in MineZ... holy bananas!!!

I wonder if this decline in player numbers is because of what I have mentioned above. I understand that premium gets PvE servers, but the selfishness of this community is on a critical level. This is such a fantastic game, but over 3 days of MineZ I've had a disguistingly bad experience. Several hours of collecting, progress destroyed by selfish, pirate teams who even go as far as hunting you down with dungeon equipment.

Do you think this is normal? I don't see many people complaining about the matter. Maybe only players of this kind are left playing MineZ?

If you are pursuing a playstyle mentioned above, save your "git gud" comments please. Let's try to keep the average IQ in this discussion above 80. I'm not here to hate.
    Give me your opinion, and suggestions to me! :)
    rocketboy4221 likes this.

2. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    Alright my two cents.

The community evolved with the game. This game lost all of its new players after a while and it was just stuck with pvpers and some small dungeon groups. The group I play with is actually really chill and we split gear and stuff after fights. We fight as a team and aren't toxic to each other (besides Seth). I also see a lot of new people in spawn town and I see them in groups almost always when I spawn at Pravus or Portsmouth. The whole toxic thing isn't bad from most players. In all reality it is pvpers who are the most toxic (speaking from myself who does pvp at Hasa) and as much as I hate saying that it is true. I played with the Germans originally in 2012 so I know where you're coming from cause I played then too.

The thing with people rushing other people in spawn towns to get loot has always been there though. You always bum rushed someone in a spawn town, singled them out, and getting their loot and running up to wherever you gear. The decline in players is due to in my opinion the lack of content that's been added to the game to not make it stale.

The other thing with legendary items is that it's so easy to grind certain dungeons. I can do anvalia mines 5 times in 15~ minutes. I can do flooded 3 times and get full iron and some venom bows. I can go do devils and get a zombie bow in 5 minutes. The dungeons in this game aren't to to difficult. There are some hard ones but there are some really easy and soloable dungeons that are north of spawn towns.

Overall I think the game now that it has an active developer for the first time in a blue moon, it's gaining ground. I see a lot of new faces on the game that are fairly active and I think it's healthy for the game. I also think the whole "kill or be killed" aspect of the game is fun too. It adds some tenseness to the game and makes the thought of seeing a player more intense. I enjoy that and that's why I kept playing. I too get where you're coming from, this was my first minecraft server, this was my first online friend group I played with, and this was one of my first video games I got into.
  3. ZeusCannon06 Regular Member

XP:
    60,152xp

You have good points, but it takes like 2 working braincells to realize that PvP is much worse than how much it's good for MineZ. Last Man Standing was played by none after a while, thereby rejecting MineZ PvP mechanics completely. People have shown they want MineZ for PvE and for the joy of exploration and not preparing for 20 minutes, then possibly losing all their progress to an uncounterable circus of primary school attending child groups who play this all day, create clans for "banditism" and build up inconceivable amount of unwarranted self importance over a block game.

You are Platinum, how often do you use private or PvE servers?
  4. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    LMS was a little different. It was just a more fast paced pvp battle royale type game, I wouldn't entirely lump it in with MineZ pvp.

And I think saying that people want MineZ solely for the PvE is a bit much due to how many of the premiums that still actively play I can find at Crowmure or at Hasa on a regular basis. I also don't think that I'd we're primary school children. I know a lot of people in the community do not like other people due to having played with them in the past. I know there are certain people I don't like but I'm not someone to hold a grudge unless it's really bad because people change. I also think the PvP community has chnaged in a way that all of us have grown up tbh, at least most of us have. I mean I have my outbursts and bad days every once in a while but as a community I don't think we're as toxic as people make us out to be.

The comment on clans I have is I just play with a group we call, Br0. Literally the name says it all, a group of bros playing a block game. As dumb as it sounds we constantly have fun and laugh and make fun of each other cause that's what bros do. I think a clan or a group to play with is really just a way for people to fit in and enjoy the game with other people who have similar interests.

Finally the comment on PvE and a little bit about gearing and legendary usage. I generally tend to use PvE when I want to gear in peace. I listen to Mac Miller or something and just relax. Gearing in this game is a way just going on autopilot and going into a state of being awake but resting for me. I do this on PvE if I really want to farm stuff like if I'm at Hell Tree or Death Mansion. I constantly gear in this game and the reason why is comboing someone to the moon and beating them in this game is the best feeling. It's like getting a 3k Pulse Bomb with Tracer in Overwatch if you play that. It's really satisfying and I always mix it up with using some legendary item that people think is trash and just abusing the hell out of it (Dentril's Terror, Flail, Rubber Sheild, Robber's Blade, and Binding Bow) until using that legendary gets stale. But I just enjoy throwing a curve ball or being a complete wild card.
  5. silverbackconnor Regular Member

XP:
    219,692xp
    Short and simple: Game is really boring and people kill other people to make it less boring.

Explanation: Back in the day, there was so many people on minez, that a pvper would most likely get a fight with another pvper at hasa, crowmure etc, at any given time. Nowadays, the minez population is less, so when pvpers can't find anyone else to fight, they just kill noobs to make the game more entertaining for them.
    Meme_MC, Gale and Smartz_ like this.
  6. Gale Gold

XP:
    99,802xp
    Like Prompted said, the game is boring. There is no more "exploration" the map is old and stale and it is pointless to keep someone alive in a spawn town when you can just kill them and take their stuff. If you are struggling to play and stay alive by your self I would recommend getting a few friends or meeting some players that play regularly to help you out
    Meme_MC, Prompted and Smartz_ like this.
  7. ZeusCannon06 Regular Member

XP:
    60,152xp

I did not aim those words at you or your clan. I was a bit inconclusive, sorry about that.

People need to find a purpose in life. If something is boring, you search for something else. So we have a bunch of betas stuck with playing this as a habit to make up for joy they miss? That explanation is very absurd. There are so many other minigames, servers or just other games to try, yet they focus their autism on players who just want to have nostalgia in the summer, when they have some time to do such things. I'm an undergraduate pharmacy student, i won't be playing for long. But I can't even... is the issue.
  8. Tozzu Platinum

XP:
    46,535xp

There is a large number of experienced players currently, they don't need teamwork to survive. Instead they make their process of gearing faster by killing other players for food and other gear.This of course hurts new players, but it's simply the state of the game. There isn't enough new players that could team up together and stand against the older players. You can avoid getting killed by just going to more obscure locations and by looking out for other players, and escape if you find somebody.
    Meme_MC, Smartz_ and Gale like this.
  9. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    Honestly the communities kinda shit atm, but that's because there's more pvpers currently playing so it's harder for newer players to get started. The MineZ teams has plans to address the issues you've brought up here so I wouldn't worry too much.
  10. Sercaul Platinum

XP:
    308,140xp
    This is a zombie survival game, it would make sense that the strong well-equiped experienced people would hunt and loot the weaker unequiped people. Many people kill on sight is because they simply enjoy the pvp aspect of the game, not because they are "beta" or "focusing their autism" on other players. MineZ is a game where you can play it however you like, you can explore, survive, clear dungeons, or fight other players. Whichever playstyle people choose, they continue to play each day because they somewhat find enjoyment in the game and have fun. Im sorry to hear that you're having a bad experience with other players within the game, but that's how it be sometimes.

Also, lets not use the term "autism" here and keep the discussion civilized. Thanks.
    Meme_MC, Mistri, Marine_PvP and 2 others like this.
  11. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    People have always fought each other in spawn towns so I don't know what you're complaining about, and the game has declined because of some of the changes from the staff and also just because its been l ike 7 years