1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Include sand in Builder's resource drop

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Appl_Pi, Dec 1, 2018.

Suggestion - Include sand in Builder's resource drop
  1. Appl_Pi Regular Member

XP:
    4,155xp
    I think Builder is a fine class as it is and doesn't necessarily need a buff, but it would be a neat addition if some of the less useful items in the resource drop (e.g. torches) were replaced with sand blocks.

Sand is unique in that it has gravity, which lends itself to many uses. For instance, coating the outside of a wall with sand will make it far harder to penetrate, because any broken block will be replaced. This makes it indestructible in any practical sense, and will force enemies to either scale the wall or use your entrance. It can also be used for a variety of defensive traps.

The reason this should be in the resource drop is that most maps do not have a substantial amount of sand, and even on Canyons it's disproportionately tedious to collect, being scattered around in clumps.

Let me know your thoughts below :)
    Toyl and Smartz_ like this.

2. Mistri Public Relations Lead

XP:
    373,323xp
    In my opinion this would make Builder a bit too overpowered. Sand is incredibly useful considering you can't get gravel in the game, so it's the only gravitational block. This would be another huge level of defense and I think it's a bit too much. Just my opinion!
    Appl_Pi likes this.
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    698,408xp
    I like it and hate it at the same time; just imagine the sand swapper traps you could make. I think builder has found a sweet spot in the game and changing it at this point would cause issues.
    Mistri likes this.
  4. Murgatron Network Lead

XP:
    877,610xp
    An interesting idea, one we'll discuss with the team! :)
    Toyl, Appl_Pi and Mistri like this.
  5. Galap Developer

XP:
    654,540xp
    Torches less useful? Have you seen all the bats!? :stuck_out_tongue:
    Murgatron, Toyl, Appl_Pi and 2 others like this.
  6. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    455,788xp
    No. I haven't. Nobody ever sees them.
    Bloody the same power level as hackers I figure.

Sand Swapper traps sounds OP, but 2 players with 6 wool and a few levers can kill anything if left alone. I think swapper was just one of those classes that didn't really get scrutinized as much as it should have.

Scout is Scissors.
    Swapper traps are also Scissors.
    Rock is Team Play.
    Everything else is paper.
  7. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    698,408xp
    Nope. :stuck_out_tongue:
  8. Mistri Public Relations Lead

XP:
    373,323xp
    I may be wrong—is there another?