1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Important things that need to be changed in 1.6 so far

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by DoxNotch, Jan 3, 2015.

Discussion - Important things that need to be changed in 1.6 so far
  1. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    1. Healers can right click to heal each other and stay at full health easily. Groups are almost impossible to take down and if they have regeneration potions you're more likely to break your sword on them than to kill them.

2. Vampires should not have permanent night vision. The class really needs to focus on avoiding light and if you can't differentiate between light and dark while using it, that makes it extremely hard to use. Vampires also need to lose their Resistance buff when they transform, if someone is flying around you with a sharp 4 and strength 2 they need to be killed in one hit. Ideally, I don't think you should be able to hit people while in bat form.

3. I know it's already been talked about but Engineer needs to give off particles and fuse sounds when holding TNT.
    VERY IMPORTANT ENGY BUG : if you make a tnt minecart and send it off of a skybridge it can be used to destroy non player placed blocks inside the protected zone. evidence : http://gyazo.com/31cbd208323f0dade863ebcc7e454fc2

4. Enchanter gives no extra XP bottles and I've read somewhere else that a stack of iron used to get you 30 levels and now it only gives you 20? I understand that bottles might have been taken away due to the xp for health mechanic but a lot of people paid 25k xp for fast xp, not a health buff. A lot of classes weren't touched in the update, and Enchanter didn't need a change, especially one that interferes with gathering xp.

5. It would be good if Transporter could have a pop up window or something that let them choose if they wanted to
    A. have their TP last 3 minutes, regardless if whether or not they died or until it's destroyed
    B. Have their tp last until they die or until it's destroyed
    It would let people still use TP for skybridges, entrances/exits and other defensive and personal tactics

6. Warrior's damage output is a little too high with the frenzy ability. The damage either needs to be brought down a bit, or Frenzy could be changed to Resistance 1 for 30 seconds. The only way I've countered Frenzy and have seen it countered is with bowspam, which not all classes have access to.

7. Timers need to be added to all classes telling people when their abilities are going to run out like Gold Rush, Frenzy etc.

8. Immobilizer needs to be reworked, I know that the current Immobilizer was made with the idea that people wouldn't drop items on death, but now they do so a change is obviously needed. Some people have suggested things like ;
    A. Breaking stuns gives the target blindness for X amount of time
    B. Stuns are broken after the target takes X amount of damage
    C. Stuns are broken as soon as the target is hit, but the target gets rotated 180 degrees, disorienting them

9. Berserker's ability leads to a ton of hackusations, and the damage taken while using it is pretty off the rails. Some other ideas for it include ;
    A. Armor lock : Resistance for the pro, Slowness for the con
    B. Give Warriors Frenzy to Berserker but keep the damage taken the same.
    C. I personally loved the hearts for kills and I'd like to see it reworked somehow

10. Succubus needs to be able to use life drain without holding the actual item, like it used to.

11. Archers need to be able to drop their punch 1 bows

12. Lumberjacks who activate their Brute Force can break leather armor in 4-8 hits. They can use better axes to absolutely shred iron and diamond armor. It needs a nerf very badly.

13. Vampires who use Transform and then die respawn with three hearts. You still have to wait 70 seconds for the cool down, I don't see the point of having such low health when you spawn.

14. It would seriously help if every class spawn kit was re ordered so that swords were in slot 1, bows in slot 2. Reorganizing your inventory every time you respawn is an unneeded hassle.

Please comment below if you found anything else that's game breaking or unbalanced. Don't do it angrily, type out what you want changed, give a calm explanation why and leave it at that. Changes will not be happen unless we can give reasons why they need to be made.

2. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    I want you people to stop intensively ranting about a single gamemode getting a bad update. We got MineZ 2, MineZ 1, Wasted, HCF, Smash, Light Bikes, Crafting Mama, Vadact, Shotbow Games, Death by Void... There's a lot of stuff to do in Shotbow just to wait for some staff feedback. If none of their gamemodes but Annihilation (Probably one of the worse ones), just go pop people in the lobby.
  3. Orangechrisy Platinum

XP:
    7,785xp
    last time i checked, enchanter gets no extra xp and no xp bottles from breaking ores/melons/logs. I still don't exactly know how intensifier does and how it helps because it does not help yourself.
  4. Toasty_Pancakes Silver

XP:
    55,808xp
    This IS the annihilation section of the forums, so you won't see rants about other games here. People are free to talk about what they want too. So yeah.
    omzor, DaFunkPvP, maximus930 and 8 others like this.
  5. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    Please remove vampires particles, its so annoying and i dont want to turn particles off.
  6. Boonch Gold

XP:
    23,637xp
    I've been gone from shotbow for awhile... hi everyone?
  7. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    Wow. First comment right after I asked people to be chill and constructive and you say this? I'm really tired of people pretending like Annihilation isn't the most popular game on Shotbow. I understand that you like other games more than Annihilation but some major changes were made to Shotbow's most popular game so yeah, people are going to be angry and we certainly don't need you telling people that it doesn't matter and to "just deal with it." If you don't care about the game get out of this forum.
  8. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    If we just remove scout and gapples 50% will be happy about scout, 70% about gapples. The other 50% loves scout and doesnt see that its a noobie class for ppl who cant pvp, 30% who doesnt like removal off gapples just gapplerush almost every game.
  9. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    I think the only thing that needs to be changed with Scout is horizontal grappling. But of course that's been suggested hundreds of times but maybe now that things are being updated it'll actually happen...
  10. Megaplaylist64 Platinum

XP:
    18,107xp
    It's not just about dealing with it. And yes, Annihilation is the most popular gamemode on Shotbow, but that forces everyone to complain about how it sucks and that they are going to quit Shotbow just because of it? No. Annihilation gets excessive attention and when people talk about a lack of updates, the 1st update staff launches causes a negative opinion from lots of players. What about a single thread with players writing what could help, maybe ask staff to create a sticky one? It's enough, we don't need a hundred threads calling for attention, don't repeat the same mistake i did.
  11. jessenorton Platinum

XP:
    384,179xp
    I'd explain what I think should be changed, but honestly, it all makes the game so much easier so I won't and will just enjoy the easy gameplay. Thanks for the update, keep up the good work.
    Dr_Sens likes this.
  12. DoxNotch Platinum

XP:
    23,822xp
    I get that, but I'm just trying to bring up issues that are being abused and pissing people off as we speak. I'm just trying to help and every other post I've seen has involved a lot of negativity, so they've probably been largely ignored.
  13. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    No one ever asked for an update, they just asked to prevent clans like team vortex and tbc to gopple rush with 15diamonds. We only had to remove gopples and a str nerf :stuck_out_tongue:

And my post wasnt negative :( (own thread)
  14. Krafterz Platinum

XP:
    29,034xp
    WARNING THIS IS KINDA LONG SO YEAH
    I don't like the new assassin. Now assassins IMO is useless. I mean you can spawn an NPC of yourself. Wow an NPC... Your running from an enemy "I'll use my leap to get outta here" Boom an NPC spawns that looks like you "Ugh"

Assassins are to be SNEAKY The leap was sneaky. You could jump into trees and watch the enemy run by then boom you jump down and kill him. You could get out of trouble in a pinch. You could jump in the air, or behind them to confuse them on where you are because they don't you when or where you would strike, or if you would at all. Now you spawn an NPC. Trying to be sneaky, spawn an NPC that will last for a few seconds and try to lure people in to try to backstab them, but by the time the enemy runs to the NPC it would despawn and they would know an assassin is in their territory, then they'll look around and I'm sure if your trying to lure an enemy to your NPC to try to backstab them, surely you'll be near and the enemy would find and kill you immediately.

Lets talk about leap.
    Cooldown of 40 seconds (can get 8 seconds off from a kill)
    You can leap into the air launching you the direction your looking
    Gives you buffs for 8 seconds
    Speed
    Invis
    Haste
    Also the ability to not take fall damage

Well sure if your leap is successful you'll only have to wait 32 seconds until you can use a leap again. If you want to shorten your cooldown you have to KILL someone. You could die, or you could have a chance to kill. Risking your gear if your against someone else with gear. It's not OP, it's a good cooldown time. If you want to shorten your cooldown time you have to actually do something and kill people. Also it's not OP, you need skill you use assassin to it's full potential. You need to know when to use it, where to go to use it, what direction to use it. If you want to leap to kill someone you have to be sneaky, If you sprint people will see the sprint particles on the ground, you if you want to be completely sneaky you have to walk, then you have to get in position and strike all in 8 seconds, you need to know what your doing. You have to be careful to not run and you have to keep a space empty in your hotbar so there's not a sword or whatever floating in the air coming towards you. Also you have to keep in mind that assassin makes a noise when you use leap so if an enemy hears the assassin noise they have a chance and an idea that an assassin might be coming for their nexus.

If your not careful a enemy can hit you. When you use leap your even more vulnerable because you have no armor, so if a enemy hits you, your gonna take more damage. Sure leap can be useful to escape, but if your jumping down into the canyon of the map canyon (no duh) the enemy could hit you, taking more damage from having no armor and your screwed because your gonna die from fall damage now because you've been hit.

Outrunning
    There's not many classes that can outrun a scout (IMO I despise scouts sometimes)
    Anyways Scout has Perm Speed 1 and can grapple to catch up to you. There's not many classes that could escape or outrun a scout but there is a few.
    Acrobat- You can double jump somewhere to have a chance to escape
    Assassin- You could leap to be out of sight and take advantage of your speed and invis to get outta there
    Scout- Yeah... kinda obvious....

Finishing Nexus (Nexi?) (whatever)
    People say that assassin can finish a nexus off easy. Though that might be partially true, it's not 100% true. The only way an assassin can do that is when the team has NO ONE DEFENDING WELL. I mean if you spam your freaking sword and actually have people defending that assassin can't finish the nexus off, but on the other hand if people don't defend well then gg to you, you let your team lose.

I hope you read and understood why assassin should be changed to the way it was before the update. I explained the class and it's not OP, you need skill to use assassin to it's full potential. Thanks for reading (if you got this far) and cya around. (maybe)
  15. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    I fully agree, i loved assassin. U can say assassin kills a nexus easy, but u will need skill to get inside a well defended base. Also u only need an immo or swapper to prevent assassin rushes.
    vibrava4444 likes this.
  16. Krafterz Platinum

XP:
    29,034xp
    Exactly. Finally someone understands!!!
    dackknight09 likes this.
  17. dackknight09 Obsidian

XP:
    105,709xp
    Hope staff changes this i see the chance of a change really low assuming ive never seen shotbow do somethint the players wanted :c
  18. Krafterz Platinum

XP:
    29,034xp
    I hope they change assassin to the way it was before the update
    chupacass, a2A209_, Mar_teen and 3 others like this.
  19. jessenorton Platinum

XP:
    384,179xp
    the reason assassin might've been seen as OP is that it could jump into the void and 'leap' out and into a nexus while still invis, but I mostly agree with you, it's been reduced to a pointless class and people who bought it could feel a bit cheated with the update, so yeah, it was better before and turning it into what it is now just means it will become the new engineer (another words it won't ever be used)
    a2A209_, Krafterz and dackknight09 like this.
  20. FurtherThanDan Retired Staff

XP:
    334,813xp

I mean if that is what you think lemme go add back the inventory system and respawn timers. I am pretty sure the players wanted that right?
    botifier, omzor, vibrava4444 and 5 others like this.