1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion [IDEA] SMASH clans

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by shebbear2, Apr 7, 2013.

Discussion - [IDEA] SMASH clans
?

Clans in SMASH - good or bad idea?

Good 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Bad 6 vote(s) 54.5%
  1. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    Though it's quite a stretch, I think that having a 'clan system' in SMASH would be a fantastic idea. Clans would be ranked, much like the current system, but their ELO would be the sum of the clan members own ELOs. So for example, if I was ranked 1300, and I was in a clan with two 1200 players, the clan's rank would be either 3700, or 700. There would also be a cap to the amount of players that can be in each clan, for obvious reasons. As for who can create a clan, it can maybe be something you can buy with XP, or via premium. Overall, I feel this would add a new feel to the gamemode, as it gives you even more of an incentive to rank up and play.

So, thoughts?
    KillaTrix likes this.

2. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    I totally agree with this!
    altho for clan ranking, wouldnt it be better for the formula to be:
    TotalElo of All clan members / PeopleInClan = Clan Elo?
    Example:
    Bob with 1300 ELo and Dave with 1200 ELo make a clan,
    (1300+1200)/2= 1250, so the clan Elo would be 1250

In addition, if this ever gets approved, it would be cool to have team games in Smash, just as SSBB and all its previous games had it.
    i think it would really mix things up, and get it more interesting!
    roxie and shebbear2 like this.
  3. Splax Obsidian

XP:
    45,901xp
    I think clans should have a seperate queue so they don't get put in matches with solo players (no chance at all for the solo), but can still share the same ranking system/servers with a few adjustments. For example, there could be a 2v2 queue, a 3v3 queue, a 4v4 queue, and even higher when we get matches that support more than 8 players. In addition to this, I think teams in the FFA queue should be bannable.
    shebbear2 likes this.
  4. Splax Obsidian

XP:
    45,901xp
    When I said matches, I meant maps. Right now for maps that support more than 4 players we have:
    Fortress - 6 players
    Atrium, FortSponge, ResearchLab, ShroomKingdom, Ice (unused) - 8 players
  5. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    Well i actually enjoy building, and would love ot make more larger maps, so, you know, bacon. o3o
  6. Splax Obsidian

XP:
    45,901xp
    Forgot to mention Library also holding 8
  7. charlievan2 Gold

XP:
    70,387xp
    I think the clans would be a good idea, but maybe on a totally separate ranking system. People can make teams and that team has a rank, and you would be put up against other teams with a similar rank as you. This added in with the classes or characters idea would be a great addition to the game.
  8. Goldblade Retired Staff

XP:
    233,036xp
    I'm looking at adding some bigger maps, so I don't see why we couldn't have a team vs. team mode at the very least. That being said, it's all up Highlife and Lazertester whether something like that gets implemented.

At the very least, there will be a map with a larger cap than 8 players.
  9. KillaTrix Gold

XP:
    51,977xp
    since there will e larger maps, can users submit their own maps to be accepted?
  10. Goldblade Retired Staff

XP:
    233,036xp
    Yes, we do accept map submissions for Smash! We haven't added any yet, but I have been considering a few.
  11. neoman97 Regular Member

XP:
    828xp
    Cool idea for noobs so good
  12. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    ...What?
  13. EspyEra Platinum

XP:
    121,549xp
    Clans in my opinion. HORRIBLE. Not trying to be mean, But it would be so unfair.
  14. shebbear2 Platinum

XP:
    120,289xp
    As far as I was aware this was a dead topic... Didn't expect any more replies. But yes, I can see what you mean. But as roxie suggested, team matches would stop any unfairness.