1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Hotbar layout

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Tdiaz5, May 3, 2015.

Suggestion - Hotbar layout
?

Do you agree with this?

Poll closed May 17, 2015.
Yes 9 vote(s) 90.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I don't care] 1 vote(s) 10.0%
  1. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    I like the new hotbar layout mechanics. Now I don't have to organize the crap out of my inventory when I spawn, which is nice. But I have encountered some difficulties with this.

I like classes with bows and without. Most classes without a bow have a class item, and there's no class spawning with a bow and a class item. This basically makes the bow the most important class item, right? And I want both my bow and class item next to my sword and I don't think that I'm the only one. But the problem is: I can't select that with the new hot bar layout mechanics. I have to choose, but I don't want to.

Next problem is that I can only sort 1 class item and for example can't choose where my book and healing pot spawn with Archer. This are my problems. So what am I suggesting?

First off simply remove the bow in the hotbar layout and make the bow the class item. This will make it a lot easier to make a layout. Secondly I want to suggest multiple class items. Like first class item, second class item. Maybe even something like 'class potion' but this may cause problems like separate class item and bow.

Feel free to comment your opinion on this.

EDIT: Oops, kind of messed up the poll, Missclicked. still have to get used to this laptop :stuck_out_tongue:. Will an admin be kind and change I don't care to The system is fine as it is?
    RobLovesMcKayla likes this.

2. Orangechrisy Platinum

XP:
    7,765xp
    we just need an option to pick a class and change the hotbar on it, so it is individual instead of every class has the same layout.
    wepile, aqueousPoet, DaFunk and 4 others like this.
  3. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    I thought of this too but this probably takes too much storage. I fully understand that but this way I'm satisfied.
  4. Fusion_ Emerald

XP:
    157,639xp
    It should take about zero storage space.
    I really like Orangechrisy suggestion, but maybe add a global layout and an ability to override it per class (so you can enable/disable the override per class).
  5. InfernoTheDragon Platinum

XP:
    30,715xp
    I actually like the bow and class item separate. when i make a bow for a class like pyro i want both my ability and my bow next to my sword in the first 3 slots. Plus archer has a class item and a bow. I feel Chrisy has the best idea if it isn't too hard on the system in one way or another.
  6. Tdiaz5 Silver

XP:
    76,623xp
    But this is about the spawning kit, and pyro doesn't spawn with a bow. Or do you have another reason for this? Please explain.
    That's my second suggestion; multiple class items to organize.
    I fully agree with this and I have suggested this before as well, but they didn't do it and I don't know why. So this seems a good solution to me if that isn't possible.
  7. JesusCrusty Platinum

XP:
    167,007xp
    I agree. With acrobat, I consider the bow to be the class ability. But instead it puts it in my bow spot and the arrows in my class spot, so it looks really wonky.
    [IMG]
    I rarely play classes that spawn with bows so I just stuck it at the end. It would be nice if you could override your order for certain classes.
  8. Darth_Bachious Retired Staff

XP:
    112,690xp
    i have : compass, shovel, axe, pickaxe etc. Every class without a shovel makes my hotbar ****** up.