1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Hackers

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Samowpk, Feb 10, 2018.

Discussion - Hackers
  1. Samowpk Regular Member

XP:
    37,388xp
    Hallo guys my IGN: Samowpk. I like to play mine z and pvp with people but the problem with that is that a lot of people are legit hacking. What should i do to defeat a hacker
    MCS_Chicken likes this.

2. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    Try outsmarting the hacker if you can, tricking him to walk on water so admins can spot it forcing him to take fall damage, etc,. etc,. Keep a fair range between you and the hacker if you can as long as you can to use range weaponry. Once the hacker is defeated, you should report them immediately.

Remember, these hackers are usually alts and don’t care if they get banned or not, so avoiding a defeatist mentality should keep you alive.
  3. Samowpk Regular Member

XP:
    37,388xp

but bro i spent hours in collacting shit and a full leather stone sword kils me how is that fun to play agains
    you know what would make me less salty
    i need to get a message that the guy that i reported got banned then i am fine by it but i do not know if he keeps walking around
  4. Fridge2177 Retired Staff

XP:
    269,370xp
    There are a few things you can do

• Use the /report command to alert any admins that are online but aren't watching that specific player. As an admin I can tell you players that are reported do get looked at. If you die while fighting the hacker and the admin sees it they might be able to tp you back
    • See if you can get evidence by recording and make a player report - more information here : https://shotbow.net/forum/forums/report-a-player.25/
  5. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    Well... maybe you need to play with friends more if you can’t take them on your own. Losing to a hacker, no honor is lost. Defeating a hacker gives you honor. Think of hackers as a force of nature, you don’t feel angry about a storm coming in. All you must do is learn to adapt to their abilities, like you would to a storm.

also even if you got a message that he got banned, it is very likely he has multiple alts to come back on
  6. StyxUK Platinum

XP:
    4,554xp
    Hi Samowpk,

As Fridge stated, the /report command is a very useful tool and all reports are monitored by admins regularly,

Unfortunately we can't always detect a hacked client immediately and so there will be times when this can happen, and these players are an issue with most Minecraft servers, specifically the PvP based ones, Shrauger's advice of avoiding a defeatist mentality is definitely something to bring with you. /Report the player and record for increased evidence if possible and I can assure you they won't be around for long.

We regularly patrol the servers to ensure that we keep the number of hackers to a minimum for you guys, but sometimes they slip through our radar (no pun intended).

I hope that this doesn't become a regular experience for you and that you can enjoy MineZ without having to worry about this in the future.

Now personally, my go-to when fighting a hacker is to keep at bow's distance, chances are they're no good with a bow. I also try to lead them towards a place with a big drop and i'll try and knock them off it. Whatever you do, avoid hand-to-hand combat unless necessary.
    Mistri likes this.