1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Guide Guide to avoiding pointless threads.

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Bakbagel, Jan 16, 2014.

Guide - Guide to avoiding pointless threads.
  1. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    Bakugoneman: These hateful threads will give you a fright, bein' locked both day and night
    They rest for a minute, maybe three then they're buryin' every useful good idea.
    They dont care about nada, not zilch, no nothin.
    Cept bringin about a subforum's destruction.
    Misc. Person: But wait just a minute, theres another side to this.
    And if I did not defend them, this thread would be amiss.
    These posters can have opinions too
    They have their rights just like we players do.
    Bakugoneman: Oh, gimme a break you're bein' too kind
    These posters have a one track mind
    These forums are not their whining place
    And do they ever think that the devs have lives?
    No, they dont. And that is just a fact.
    These posters simply dont know how to act.
    Jujupesto: I for one don't have a doubt, these vermin must be stamped right out.
    TheFlurp: I second that they've got to go, these threads have got to hit the road.
    HighlifeOSU: Stop the threads, stop the threads.
    Make them go and not come back
    xIIMinerific: It comes down, to just one simple fact, they've crossed the line and now we must fight back.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Nothing to lighten the mood like a song parody eh?
    Breathe in, breathe out, its time to talk of why this thread is here.

There has been a HUGE increase of clutter and needless, hateful posts that only exist to repost what has been reported
    and stated as known, or just plain start flame wars, some even hating on how things work without any suggestions on how to fix it.
    forum mods like 20thcenturyboy have been working their asses off locking and resolving threads that could'ave been so easily avoided
    or solved better had the poster used a little common sense, i've compiled a quick list of helpful tips for starting threads that will
    both keep the forums cleaner and more fun and relaxing, and benefit the poster aswell.

TIP 1:
    Be sure to search up threads before posting, this will allow easy answers to your question, and wont waste admin/moderator's time.
    TIP 2:
    Be patient with fixxes/buffs/nerfs, Devs workimg on anni have lives too! They dont live to code and serve your whim every day.
    TIP 3:
    Spellcheck posts! Even simple autocorrect can help people understand your point.
    TIP 4:
    Bug reports go in bug reports, not here, even if they are for anni!
    TIP 5:
    Listen to normal players too, a red or blue name may be convincing but they aren't the only ones who know anything
    taking normal player's advice usually saves mods/admins alot of time and such.
    TIP 6:
    Don't start threads or make posts with the intent to hate on a group of players, a players, or devs in specific
    this causes anger, arguments, unneeded bumps, and clutter.
    TIP 7:
    Cheater reports dont belong here, they belong in the report a player section!
    TIP 8:
    Take a moment to look over your post before sending it. Ask yourself if it in any way will benefit the community, and make sure
    that when you DO hate on things, that you add a way to make it better.
    Bugs after updates are expected, during this time, please learn to keep calm while its dealt with, if you have something to add to the situation, or think you've found something that isnt yet known, please report/suggest it!
    "omFG soondaars ur network is borken!!11one!" doesnt help anyone.
    TIP 9:
    Learn when to give up, this is something I myself have to work on, but
    there comes a time in an argument where you just have to sit down, once nothing more can be achieved except hate and spam,
    just give in. Everyone has their own oppinion and you cant change it, agree to dissagree.
    TIP 10:
    When suggesting buffs/nerfs/changes, gather info on how said feature is right now, how it can be used
    and what its problems are, try and be impartial, "omg scorpio threw hook and it moved my vision when i stepped on it or some other class used its ability to
    kill me11!!oneone11!!" only creates clutter, think about the skill involved in effectively using the ability, and stack its effects up to other classes, not on their own.
    Before stating that a class is useless, make sure you know all of it's effects and the possabilities for strategy first.
    there is no "Best class" in annihilation, every class has a unique balanced style and brings interesting new strats, for picking classes, look at descriptions and decide what fits your playstyle best.
    my class guide here http://shotbow.net/forum/threads/152506/ should help you decide whats best for you, it also lists strategies and perks of all XP classes.
    Following this should help people cut down on the "what is most op class" threads.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's all, folks, I hope I can play my part in keeping the clutter out of the Anni subforum!
    (Better formatting done this morning as it was done on my phone last night, I was also too tired to mention that I did get permission from everyone who's name was in here. :wink: )

2. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    Grammer and spelling!!! :lmao: Sorry it is a habit. I do enjoy this because of the Tips but lets try to not have peoples names placed so they do not get ridiculed by the forums :/ Other than that its good! Thanks!
  3. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    It's nice to hear someone trying to make the lives of the people and the Mods/Admins easier. I think that this'll help not only the ragers. But even me as well, as the fact is, I need some serious work on some of these. Thank you Baku.
  4. garrett111398 Obsidian

XP:
    32,244xp
  5. GorillaTheApe Regular Member

XP:
    17,599xp
    Job well done.
  6. SenorWierdo Platinum

XP:
    93,611xp
    This is good, but there's one thing that slightly bugs me.
    Why does this bug me? Well your parody does...
    Also, having created a stupid post that caused lots of rage (unintentionally), it was good to not see my name on here :stuck_out_tongue:
  7. StrikerzRyan Obsidian

XP:
    478,887xp
    Oh the irony...
  8. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    probably should have cleared it up last night, but I typed this out of my phone and it was 2 AM, forgot to do so, everyone who was mentioned here in specific was asked if they wanted to be in it, they all gave me permission to do so.
    blaze81 likes this.
  9. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    it was meant to put a funny twist on asking those people to stahp, I highly doubt anyone is going to take any serious offense from it, either way, you easily left out the "If it does not have advice to make things better" and such.
  10. DieDream Obsidian

XP:
    42,823xp
    Proud of you, Bakugoneman. Here. Have a cookie and a medal
  11. blaze81 Platinum

XP:
    29,444xp
    That's fine then! Just curious! Keep up the awesome work! And it looks so nice! :)
  12. ExpertDash Platinum

XP:
    11,037xp
    Don't call me a brony but I know that song's from My Little Pony...
  13. Bakubagel Platinum

XP:
    8,552xp
    shhhh, you'll attract zneaks.
    Andy0132 likes this.
  14. ThymeWarp Regular Member

XP:
    14,565xp
    STICKY?? PLEASE?