1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Griefing Mid should be Bannable

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by OMAIGAD, Nov 25, 2020.

Discussion - Griefing Mid should be Bannable | Page 2
?

Do you think griefing mid should be bannable?

Yes 30 vote(s) 34.9%
No 56 vote(s) 65.1%
  1. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    Here's my view on this:

I think griefing mid should be permitted, but there should always be a way to dispose of it by applying some effort. In the case of spamming blocks around someones mines or mid or base, there's the option of going engineer. In the case of completely flooding someones base/ mid/ mines and creating over a 1000 sources, getting rid of it is practically impossible to do, even with all the team-effort applied.

I remember there used to be a post about adding sponges into the game and thinking about it, it could actually be a useful tool that isn't all that cheap and requires minor effort & time to get rid of an obstacle during your game. Sponges could be sold in the weapon shop for X amount of gold, or add it to the builder block drops, giving teams an option to use it to their advantage, or for enemies to use during rushes for example. Sponges could be used on a wide range of examples and these examples are just the beginning.

I seriously inquire the staff team to consider this a viable option and add it to the board of possible changes.

(If you're still reluctant on adding sponges, create a class that's active ability creates an airbubble around him with a range of 2 blocks, meaning water can't touch him and water disappears around him.)

That's all I have to say on this matter, do what you want with it.

2. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,703xp
    or just dont let it get flooded :lmao:
    El_Pato_Andres_ likes this.
  3. BlackBlurry Regular Member

XP:
    56,814xp
    Although flooding is extremely annoying, it is understandable to do when it's not your own team. I find that flooding is a strategy, not a very nice one, but it works sometimes. It's like voiding, it's unfair and dumb, but it's pretty clever if you think about it. One game I played on the map Nature, and a team had completely flooded our gold mine and added fatigue blocks all around. It was the worst thing ever, but extremely clever at the same time. I don't think things like that should be bannable per say, but perhaps probation or suspension; if the person doing it is doing it with no purpose in mind except griefing. Other than that, I think flooding is fair strategy.
    AgentPanda_ likes this.
  4. BlackBlurry Regular Member

XP:
    56,814xp

Sponges would be a dream!!!
    soto likes this.
  5. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,703xp
    imagine having such a good strategy that the excuse people use is that it "griefs" our own team LALALALALALLALALA im so good at this gameeeeee
    Tobi472 and JeTi_Brothers like this.
  6. exodus Platinum

XP:
    64,113xp
    only good if you have comms with ur entire team, the people who flood mid arent using depths or making a roof. They are just trying to troll and ruin the game for everyone else.
  7. OMAIGAD Guest

XP:
    xp
    This suggestion seems to be good, I hope the Anni Team takes note, my point is, to find some way to get rid of team grief on mid.
  8. OMAIGAD Guest

XP:
    xp
    M\
    You got my point wrong, griefing others mid is a strategy that almost everyone uses it(that would be the mid island) but the mid where the diamonds spawn it's usually griefed almost every game not all of them. Here is why it's team grief.
    Example: https://gyazo.com/b6e74a658af768d144742c7b51420f90
    As you can see whoever griefed mid it's also griefing his own team this is my point.
  9. _HuKuTa_ Emerald

XP:
    120,562xp
    if u play anni, u gotta handle any obstacle , it is not vanilla minecraft, go playing skyblock then, u can just enchant aqua infinity and dont care
  10. JeTi_Brothers Platinum

XP:
    215,738xp

I'm against your suggestion to add sponges to the game because they will also be used elsewhere than in mid. Defending is already hard enough as it is. Water defenses would become even more obsolete than they already are if this is implemented.

That said, I do think your suggestion about adding a class that creates an airbubble could be an interesting addition to the game. If worked out properly it could be of good use to still have access to the diamonds in mid., even if it might only be temporary and a bit harder. Would like to see that idea worked out.

Edit:
    As for the thread itself, I disagree. It shouldn't be banable to flood mid nor any other place on the map.
    soto likes this.
  11. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,703xp
    sorry guys this is anni and you're going to have to improvise and create new strats. this gamemode isnt for everyone and is recommended for people who have an iq of 20 or above
  12. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    87,366xp
    Just to add a note

While I disagree with the premise that it griefing mid should be bannable, it is bannable to grief mid in such a way that causes extreme lag for the server. If someone is towering a hundred blocks in the sky and spamming water down from the sky, admins are permitted to remove it, and if a player is knowingly continuing to create such lag after being told to stop, it can result in a ban. Flooding mid from the ground causes less lag and is a legitimate strategy to slow down other teams from getting diamond gear. But yes, if people get too crazy with it, and it causes lag, you can ask for help in the Discord or /report, and an admin can help to remove the excess water if it is causing lag on the server.
    Andrew_64_MC likes this.
  13. Andrew_64_MC Retired Staff

XP:
    715,884xp
    Griefing mid can be a legitimate strategy, and it's not like anyone owns mid!
  14. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    10-15 minutes spent unflooding gold mine. yes.

[IMG]
  15. Tobi472 Platinum

XP:
    1,650,597xp
    The thread is not about making mine griefing banable. Thats a thing he doesnt care about. Its only about mid since that has a 23% chance of beeing team grief for his perspective
  16. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    I don't think creating a class specifically for dealing with a single problem should be the solution. Sponges, then, seem to be the correct solution, but that hurts teams who create water defenses. However, I do find those massive water defenses to be a bit much, so I'm on two sides of that issue.

There is another option. If that class dealt with more than that one problem, of griefers water-bombing areas, while also being a valuable part of any team. Quite possibly, in it's current state, it can help with crossing water, though iceman does the same job with an added ability on hits. Maybe it manipulates the airways such that it can speed up allies in a radius travelling in a certain direction (the direction you are going) whilst slowing enemies going in the opposing direction. It has a harder time with solids, thus it can't affect them. Just throwing out an idea to make your class seem more interesting.

---------------------

As for the issue of the thread, while I don't like water-bombing mid, it's similar to block-bombing a mid, though block-bombing is technically easier to deal with for enemies and harder for allies. Water-bombing equally hurts every team. Block-bombing should be more bannable than water-bombing. Just my two cents.
  17. Exstern Platinum

XP:
    85,064xp
    Slowing down everyone can be a valid strategy; let's say you're team is definitely not the best, and you know you won't get mid until after other teams are done with it. By flooding mid you prevent the other teams from accessing the diamonds easily, giving your team more time to gear up. When the other teams have taken their time clearing out mid to mine the diamonds and leave, your team has easy access. Annihilation is about strategies and finding ways to outsmart your opponents with different classes and playstyles. It is simply apart of the game now and I am sure there will be new ways thought up of combating it.
  18. Gamoos Regular Member

XP:
    23,916xp
    Hello guys,

I should propose to add sponge to the sign shop. This will counter the mid floating. Make it like 10 - 15 gold for 1 spongeblock.

Regards gamoos
  19. AgentPanda_ Platinum

XP:
    773,703xp
    63 - 37

LALALALALALALALALALALALALAL LALALAALALALALAL!
  20. shadowdoomer Regular Member

XP:
    23,571xp
    The thing about team griefing is that it makes things harder for you team explicitly.

If someone makes a defense too close to the base which has no way to get in and out it is hindering both their own team, and any team trying to get into the base. But you shouldn't report someone for team griefing simply because they hadn't thought out their defense thoroughly. Flooding mid makes getting diamonds hard for both teams.

Blocking diamonds also forces people to make more creative strategies than just diamond rush every game. I personally like the early much cheaper iron rush. I really like the underappreciated leather rush that uses transporter with a sky platform and jump pad.

The point is there isn't only one strategy. Things happen in the game all the time that I don't like, I get the frustration. We can't expect everyone else to change when we aren't willing to adapt either. Many people like playing defense, however when fighting a proper diamond rush playing defense will usually be in vain.

Strategies are made to counter each other. Flooding mid is a counter to the ever common and effective diamond rush. The point of the game is to destroy the opposing team's Nexus. There are so many viable strategies to accomplish that. Also if the high commitment diamond rush fails, the opposing team gets the diamond gear and can almost instantly launch a devastating counter attack which the Mid focused team will most likely be unready for.

The chances are almost no one will care for my comments as most of the people participating in this conversation have already made up their mind. Make sure that if you (you meaning anyone reading this) ask for discussion on a certain topic that you are willing to consider the points other people bring.

Either way, games are made to have fun. If people ever find playing a game is more stressful or aggravating than it is enjoying they should consider whether the game is healthy for them to play. It's a hard decision to make, and I have had to make it for myself many times. Often I end up giving up the game, either temporarily, or permanently.
    Happy holidays! I hope you all have a great day!