1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Global chat

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Lieutenant_Joe, Mar 16, 2019.

Suggestion - Global chat | Page 2
  1. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Random idea to put on this, but maybe obfuscate text messages 1-ishHz difference in frequency so you know somebody is talking on a similar frequency to you, but not sure to change or not for peeping eyes or not. Actually probably not worthwhile since people don't really use it to begin with but that's likely a fault with the original eye of ender being poorly explained to new players. I know that until 2015-2016 I threw it away because I simply didn't understand how to use it

Sent from HAM Radio device

2. Lieutenant_Joe Silver

XP:
    52,132xp
    lmao, I didn’t know there were people who were confused by the eye

I guess you started after homeservers stopped being a thing, but still, it was pretty intuitive
  3. RisingThumb Regular Member

XP:
    96,839xp
    Not exactly. The eye of ender has to be on the slot that's expected, has to be held out to talk on it and EU server wasn't as populated as US... if my memory serves me right. The EU server not being populated on justifies why I threw it away long ago since nobody was on it haha.
  4. LawsOfAviation Regular Member

XP:
    333,452xp
    I get that a new system is being worked on, but can we at least get the eye until it's added?
  5. cyclone_43 Silver

XP:
    68,995xp
    The eye's plugin got removed when the server got updated I'm pretty sure
  6. _Silver Jr. Developer

XP:
    280,702xp
    I'm gonna guess they use some kind of VCS for their plugins, which likely means they still have access to the fully working eye code. Probably the bigger issue right now is that there's already some partially finished code for the new system implemented in the live server, which would conflict with the old code (or have to be removed).
  7. Oraceon Obsidian

XP:
    18,535xp
    Adding a complicated radio frequency system to a game that has a rustic and medieval setting. sigh
  8. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    (Apologies for 21 day necro)
    Honestly I've always felt that the timeline of technology of MineZ took place was always up to the eye of the beholder. Some people have made texture packs for when they think MineZ took place (i.e. Guy762 packs) while others have done similar with extremely medieval packs (John Smith Legacy) and other things. There is no concrete timeline in place due to the lore completely leaving dates obscured, but we do know that they have a number of technologically advanced facilities (Byesford Laboratories), even without actually using the components in game.

Now while I for one would love to see things actually be ironed out in terms of lore (Lore team applications open soon???) I feel that MineZ is currently just a bunch of mini-stories just jumbled together, leaving almost everything up to interpretation.