1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

GHOSTCRAFT Leap glitch.

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by TheGlobalBear, Apr 8, 2013.

GHOSTCRAFT Leap glitch.
  1. TheGlobalBear Platinum

XP:
    52,993xp
    Hey guys, I dunno if anyone else has reported this bug yet but its really annoying, I think it has something to do with the new anti-hack plugin that was added to shotbow.
    So everytime I am ghost I have this habit of jumping and leaping at the same time, I think this is what causes it, and after a half second or so it pulls me back to where I leaped, which then I usually get hit by a few grenades and die.
    This glitch has caused me to ragequit many times and I almost never win as ghost anymore, please fix this! please!

2. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    If it is a glitch with nocheat, which I think it is, you will just need to work around it. Since GhostCraft has a custom jump and such, lazer needs to custom code the nocheat plugin to allow you to jump.

Can you please provide more information? Such as the regeon you are in and the regeon you play on?
  3. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    It happens on every US server I go on. I never go on EU though. This should be fixed and it is really annoying me a lot...
  4. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    It is an issue with no-cheat. Lazer is still working on it. He adjusted the system once already which made it better, but he still is tweaking it more. We'll just have to be patient
  5. Minercobweb Regular Member

XP:
    18,289xp
    Think about it, he has to tweak it so that the ghost isn't broken but so it still catches the smart hackers. When you figure out how to do that, contact Lazer, cause I sure as heck haven't figured it out myself.

Point of this post, he is working hard on it. You can't rush perfection.
  6. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    Lazer has edited the NoCheat plugin to allow it to be easier, but he said it is not 100% perfect, you will get nocheated sometimes, but it should be more reliable than before.
  7. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    Exactly. You are now able to pounce very well but the only thing that MAY stop you is the lag. Besides the lag that YOU get, the Ghost Pounce should work better than before.
  8. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    I'm still getting the rubber banding, but it is definitely better than before
  9. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    Since I haven't been playing Ghostcraft very recently a lot, what is rubber banding?
  10. AlecJ Retired Staff

XP:
    383,705xp
    It's the slang term for when the no-cheat system teleports you back to a position you were previously in. It's most common when the ghost pounces in certain ways. Since a player gets yanked back, it's like they ran into a big rubber band and got flung backwards. Hence the name
    Minercobweb likes this.
  11. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    34,575xp
    Oh lol. Thanks and I will never like rubber banding. Ever.
    Minercobweb likes this.
  12. Minercobweb Regular Member

XP:
    18,289xp
    I hate rubber bands now. Thanks Ghostcraft. :lmao: