1. Happy Holidays! Celebrate with 25% off Gold and Platinum in our store!

No Prefix Ghostcraft Class Update #1

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by JesseTheSkrub, Nov 10, 2017.

No Prefix - Ghostcraft Class Update #1
  1. JesseTheSkrub SMASH Developer

XP:
    1,091,911xp
    [IMG]

Ghostcraft Class Update #1 (Nov 10, 2017)
    Greetings, fellow survivors! Today, we made some adjustments to the Ghostcraft classes in order to make a more fair and balanced game for everyone. This includes adjustments to all rapid-firing bows, namely FlameBow, MachineBow, and BattleBow. All three of these classes have been adjusted so that they now fire less rapidly (while still fast), at an interval of 350 milliseconds per arrow. We hope this brings more balance to the game. As always, please feel free to let us know your opinions – we are always listening!

We have also brought back the Trapper class, which you can read about here.

That's all for this update, and we hope that you enjoy it. Until next time, don't get stabbed!
    _Swipe, CoastinJosh, Hingey and 9 others like this.

2. Wun Gold

XP:
    97,695xp
    But when can we leap while jumping? :eek:
    Hingey and Brotadochip like this.
  3. JesseTheSkrub SMASH Developer

XP:
    1,091,911xp
    Don't think I'll be adding that, since that's pretty much flying, and is very likely to cause issues with our Anticheat.
  4. Wun Gold

XP:
    97,695xp
    It's not like letting you leap successively with no cooldown, just during a normal jump. :/
  5. Brotadochip Platinum

XP:
    6,621xp
    Nice work! I really never thought battle bow needed a nerf, maybe just not a default kit.
  6. Subject_617 Platinum

XP:
    376,009xp
    I feel like the DPS balance is a great step in the right direction. Using MBow now feels like you still have good DPS, but it doesn't obliterate the ghost anymore. It does sometimes seem to shoot out arrows at random intervals while under continuous fire that kind of stop the stream of arrows which can be a bit jarring. Flamebow feels a little out of place IMO though. With the removal of fire on the floor, lack of sugar, and less ammo, there isn't much reason to pick it up over machine bow.

Trapper's pads seem to work fine at first glance, and I personally enjoy what you're doing with the new decoy invisibility, but the decoys eventually glitch out and remain permanently on the map, which doesn't allow you to place any more and you essentially lose a big part of the class.

Explosvies in general pretty much only seem to work on direct impact still. Bazooka bow + grenades and soldier grenades.
  7. camkam Platinum

XP:
    25,236xp
    Machineboww does not have an interval of 350ms, it is atleast 500 ms...
    Hingey likes this.
  8. Trashcant Silver

XP:
    35,662xp

Are we supposed to be losing more arrows than we shot when we spam click or hold down our button? Not really my favorite feature.
  9. JesseTheSkrub SMASH Developer

XP:
    1,091,911xp
    The idea is to be more conservative rather than trying to literally bow spam, only shooting when you're sure you can hit the ghost. Although, we can look at the possibility of it returning arrows on an unsuccessful hit, but I'd be leaning more towards having this as a % chance instead of returning every single arrow. There's no guarantee with that though.
    Hingey likes this.
  10. Trashcant Silver

XP:
    35,662xp

It's called machine bow, not archer. The point of the bow is to be able to rapid fire. I'm not asking for the arrows that are missed to be returned, but for arrows not to magically disappear when I try to rapid fire.

If I hold down my right click, I'll shoot say 7 arrows, but my arrow count in my inventory will go down by more then 7. My arrows are literally vanishing faster than I can shoot them.
    Hingey, Ewayne and Wun like this.
  11. matjellison Regular Member

XP:
    32,055xp
    Does the Sniper still do fuck all damage?
    _Swipe likes this.