1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Other GC Bug/Glitch reference thread

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by worthless_hobo, Sep 22, 2015.

Other - GC Bug/Glitch reference thread
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. worthless_hobo Platinum

XP:
    64,909xp
    There are two reasons that I am creating this thread, but before I begin...
    I don't want anyone saying stuff like "Wrong forum" or thinks I'm trying to whine about all the bugs in Ghostcraft, I'm not.
    I would like to create a thread here so that everyone knows what bugs are currently in GC so they don't complain about them and so that staff and players are aware of them. I know that the Devs have families, jobs, and work hard to keep the players of Shotbow happy. I know that GC isn't that big a game anymore and it's low on the list of priorities. That being said the second reason for creating this thread is that I would like to help Shotbow fix the bugs in GC so that more people will play it again. I know that Shotbow doesn't just let any random person join Staff, they don't even have an application.(People are invited to staff) So I would like to have a list of bugs here, and invite all Spigot devs to submit what they think will fix any of the bugs below. This way, no one sees the GC code, GC gets fixed, and the Shotbow devs can focus on games that are higher on the list of priorities. If you know of any bugs that I have forgotten then please let me know in the comments. If you have code that you believe could fix a bug, or even a start to a bugfix, please upload it to GitHub or a site like Pastebin/Hastebin and comment the link to keep the forum looking clean. Now for the list of bugs, these are not meant to offend anyone but simply as a reference. I will update this list as people submit code that could bugfix it and as more bugs are found.
    EDIT: I just like to make note that these "fixes" are just pseudo-code that should make the bugfixes easier for the devs, most of them only require a small change to the current code, however I have made each of the fixes more in depth for reader benefit. For example, the BazookaBow only needs one boolean changed to stop the fire from being created, however I added much more code so that people know what is actually going on.

• Scoreboard Disappearing. Fix
    • Trapper Invincibility
    • NoCheat (There are many bugs created by NoCheatPlus but for the sake of this list I will list it as one item) (I know this isn't a "fix" but this is a much more advanced anti cheat plugin then NoCheat, it's just a suggestion)
    • BazookaBow (Not sure if this is intended but fire is now created with the explosion) Fix
    • Mysterious crashes (Error Msg when kicked, Ill try to get the full error as well) (I crashed by hitting a player just before I stabbed them.) (The only fix I can find for this bug is to update the server, or possibly client, to 1.8.7. Ill try to replicate this crash using the latest minecraft build later.)
    • Spectate bug (People get kicked out of spectate all the time and it's seemingly random) (I believe that this is caused by an out of date NoCheat, it is blocking sprint fly because NoCheat doesn't know that it exists and thinks that you are running faster then allowed by the server.)
    • Lobby bug (I wont give any more information because it is abusable) Fix?
    • Survivor kit as ghost. (Same fix as above I believe)
    • Some maps now need 4 players to start (not sure if its a bug)
    • Many maps are missing from the Create a Game menu
    • Arrows bounce off spectators. Fix
    I have my doubts that the Shotbow staff will even see this, but I hope that somehow, the players of GC can help the devs fix an amazing game. I will personally be trying to program "fixes" and releasing them here for Shotbow to use at their own discretion, and I welcome everyone else to do the same. If a staff feels that this thread is ill mannered or should be closed/deleted, then I will respect their decision, but I do hope that GC can be fixed with or without the help of the players.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this thread and in advance for anyone who submits code.
    worthless_hobo
    bellyjellybean and metri like this.

2. Deadspeck Mini Builder

XP:
    122,129xp
    i wouldn't waste time by "personally programming fixes" for a game that you dont have reference code for..

on a side note. admins don't usually have time to play all the games and find bugs. that is the job of what we the players do by finding bugs and reporting it to the bug report section.

i am the master of finding bugs in ghostcraft and will be able to find ways to recreate it as many ways as possible.

there has been no sign of "lobby bugs" from my view.
    • Spectate is only canceled if you sprint fly which will cause nocheat to trigger and put you back in the map lobby. which makes sense since you're in survival and you're flying.
    • Crashes mainly occur if you're the ghost, but sometimes it will happen to survivors. nobody knows why people are crashing.
    • the Devs are highly aware of these bugs, so in the meantime play some ghostcraft
  3. worthless_hobo Platinum

XP:
    64,909xp
    I encountered this "lobby bug" yesterday, if abused it would have enabled me to get about 150 exp per minute just by sitting their afk, I have only seen it once but seeing as someone could get a very large amount of exp very fast I believe the shotbow devs should probably take a look at it. I have submitted a formal bug report for it with screenshots and all the information I could get.
    I imagine the crash is connected to badpackets of some sort but Im not entirely sure, I rarely crash from it but I see others crash all the time.
    I know that the devs are aware of the bugs, but as I said above the devs are busy and have other games that are higher on the priority list.
  4. kmreilly11 Regular Member

XP:
    5,130xp

I would like to add a few new bugs I found on my first games - I found a bug that made me the ghost, but I still had my soldier kit. I WAS the ghost, and I gained XP for each kill, and had the particles and was invisible and such... but... I had a soldier kit... and the amount of players present seemed like 2 others... and then the game continued with no scoreboard - I had to DC.
  5. worthless_hobo Platinum

XP:
    64,909xp
    Thanks for taking the time to help out
  6. Murante Regular Member

XP:
    935xp
    I love the idea of this thread! Just posting the glitches doesn't seem to get the devs to bother finding a problem, so this should help speed things up, and keep an overall awareness.

A quick note- the kicking from spectate isn't from no cheat, it's just my belief that ghostcraft is being hosted on a pre (whatever update added sprint flying) server. If spectate was affected by no cheat, you wouldn't be able to fly in general

Your problem is you continue to not look for the value of certain threads. Seriously....

The purpose is to help inform people about new glitches. And hey! You just learned about a new glitch. The lobby glitch in which I don't know how to re-enact, but have seen it, that gives out free xp by starting rounds and then ending them immediatly. 150 xp a min, even for premium, is not exact, including round time not including the other 30 seconds of lobby time, and other players will randomize how often you get xp.

The other reason is to help devs figure out how to fix certain threads, without taking spare time brain storming. From my point of view? That's pretty smart.
    worthless_hobo likes this.
  7. worthless_hobo Platinum

XP:
    64,909xp
    Thanks for the positive response!
    If you know of any other glitches then feel free to let me know.
    @Moist_Wappy I know that I wont be able to create the exact code needed to fix the bugs, however I hope that by creating even little bits of code the developers will be able to fix the glitches without taking up as much of their own time. I personally have quite a bit of free time right now, and even if the devs don't use the code I create, I will still get better as a programmer by this makeshift bugfixing. You don't have to agree with what I'm doing, and you certainly don't have to help out, but I think that the more people we get involved in this, the faster we will be able to get these bugs fixed and the faster we can all just play GC and have some fun. (Without Crashing, dying from nocheat :'( , and using our favorite classes... RIP trapper)
  8. metri Platinum

XP:
    662,082xp
    Lobbies also seem to have issues starting with only 3 people. I'm not sure if the start threshold was changed, or if the map creator doesn't count as a player for that counter, or whatever. Either way, that can be a big problem considering how little people actually play now. It was an issue yesterday and I could only stop playing.

Another thing, more of a complaint: where the heck did the other maps go? With the two other people I was with last night, I suggested Octopus or Temple (both of which typically start with only 2 players), only to discover them both missing.

Just what is the point of this new map system (which I even suggested myself on the forums once) if the maps are missing?
    bellyjellybean likes this.
  9. worthless_hobo Platinum

XP:
    64,909xp
    I agree, its annoying when most of the maps are gone or you cant start without 4 people, however I believe that these issues are both somehow related to a configuration issue rather then a code related issue. I believe that the min players is probably stored in a config for each map, as well as several other things, and if this config has something wrong with it then the map will not show up.
    I will list it in the bugs up above for reference but I don't believe that there is anything to fix code wise.
  10. 323465963 Retired Staff

XP:
    130,346xp
    I'll check if all of these bugs have been reported.
    • scoreboard disappearing has not, however I did it for you
    • trapper invincibility has not, and without recreation steps, I haven't reported that yet, so please do it yourself a.s.a.p
    • "NoCheat" is too ambiguous; not sure what exactly you mean by that, so I suggest you report it too
    • bazooka bow has been reported
    • mysterious crashes have been reported, but lack accurate recreation steps
    • spectate issues have not been reported
    • lobby bug has been
    • 4 players required to start a game hasn't been reported
    • maps disappearing haven't been reported
    • survivor kit as ghost hasn't been reported
    • arrows bouncing off haven't been reported
    Most of these bugs haven't been reported. And how are the developers going to know what to fix if they don't know what's broken in the first place? Instead of me going through all of these and trying to guess what you mean for all of them, I suggest you report them here, as it's more likely the developers will see it. They use the JIRA system to keep track of bugs, not the forums. Which, consequently, is why I'll have to lock this thread. I'd rather have people posting bugs in the JIRA, as opposed to here, because bugs mentioned here alone would most likely be missed when it comes time to fix them. Furthermore, it doesn't exactly put Shotbow in a good spotlight when threads, publicly visible to everyone, point out the "brokenness" of the gamemode. I know that wasn't your intent, but there's not just one reason we removed the bug forum :wink: That, and certain bugs that can be abused should not be shown to everyone. Even though you didn't state the recreation steps out publicly (which is great), people are now aware that this exists, and would be more inclined to try and find out how to reproduce it (though honestly, there's much faster ways to earn XP that are legal, and won't risk one getting banned).

TL;DR, thanks for making this thread. I'd appreciate it if you could report the bugs that haven't been reported, here. For future reference, keep bugs on the JIRA, and not on the forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.