1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Update Gatestones and Apology

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by halowars91, Apr 11, 2020.

Update - Gatestones and Apology
  1. halowars91 Lead Builder, Developer

XP:
    117,623xp
    Dear Community,

Last night a decision was made to drastically reduce the amount of gatestones in circulation. We had found an immense amount had been farmed, and that we now had a way to reduce this amount.

This was the wrong way to take action, and those of you who were affected were rightly upset. While we have reserved the right to make decisions for the good of the game, this was not one that we should have acted on. This was not a gameplay change. This was a change that erased tedious hours some spent to collect this rare item with no compensation.

I would like to apologize to the community for my actions. I know that your trust in us has been broken, but I hope that with the reversion of this, we can begin to rebuild.

Those of you that stored gatestones should find that all of them have been replaced, and are safe once again.

Furthermore, I would like to address a concern some had about other legendary items, like Axis Mundi keys. As minecraft versions update, it does become necessary to update items like the dawn, dusk, and reclamation fragments.This in turn updates their NBT data, making it a seperate item. You should not need to worry, though - these fragments are also safe, and will function in similar ways to the newer versions.

The only change being kept from yesterday will be the closure of Path of Light. We can not fix the dungeon as it exists on 1.9. For those of you who would like to attempt it before origins, I apologize, but this is the only action we will take for now. Once Origins releases, it will be reopened to you.

The concept of item wipes are scary. We do not foresee doing one in the near future, unless major duplication exploits force us to. In the event that something like this must occur, we will be very transparent of the issue and our intended course of action. Action like this will not occur again.

Again, my apologies to those that were disrupted by this.

Sincerely,

Halo

2. Rylarn Platinum

XP:
    387,209xp
    Thanks for your understanding.
  3. TTcreuse Obsidian

XP:
    320,694xp
    Atleast this showed us that you guys definatly listen to the community. Thanks
  4. genesispeaches Emerald

XP:
    272,296xp
  5. ThermiteZ Obsidian

XP:
    1,243,994xp
    We appreciate the apology. Thanks for listening to us, I hope you all learned something from all of this :)
  6. Archich_ Platinum

XP:
    151,606xp
    Just like God created rainbow after global flood we need something similar to be sure that it will never happen again
    Smartz_ likes this.
  7. Mohawk2 Mini Builder

XP:
    529,466xp
    I think this post is a pretty good way of doing that.
  8. Smartzz Emerald

XP:
    194,786xp
    How? They just apologized. God said sorry and then showed that he was sorry by making a rainbow.