1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers First piece of EU infrastructure upgrade completed (details inside)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Apr 30, 2013.

Servers - First piece of EU infrastructure upgrade completed (details inside)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    Today I did the first piece of the EU infrastructure upgrade. Here is what has happened so far:

• Doubled the capacity of the EU proxies. This is probably the most important part of the upgrade, as it should mean the lag issues at peak time will go away.
    • Added four new Wasted servers.
    • Redid the EU lobby (thanks to Coleey for all his help today with this) to add the additional Wasted servers and prepare for Gun Game / Shotbow Games servers.
    • Added the first set of Shotbow Games servers to the EU lobby. For now, EU will have eight Shotbow Games servers, but that number may grow or shrink based on actual usage.
    • Updated the current Wasted #1 and Wasted #2 servers. I was using an older, more expensive server to get you guys a couple servers while I waited on my EU host. So these should run much faster after I do the upgrade.
    Next steps:
    • Will be adding a set of Gun Game servers. I will start with a few and see how popular they are during peak time.
    • Will finally add an EU DBV server. Maybe two. Time will tell (no pun intended).
    • Upgrade the current MineZ servers to better hardware. This should help overall performance on the MineZ side, although the MineZ servers seem to be running fine right now.
    • Upgrade the EU database. This is the final step and will require network down time. I don't plan to do this until next week during off peak time to minimize impact.
    I will update this post as I finish things.
    Fluffoon, Kyuneh, gugu222 and 8 others like this.

2. Splax Obsidian

XP:
    45,901xp
    Awesome!
  3. JONNY_1NFERNO Platinum

XP:
    208,468xp
    Thank you for your hard work!
    Its appreciated!:D:heart:
  4. p1Nkyyy Emerald

XP:
    60,848xp
    Thank you for all your hard work, I love you :heart:
  5. Eoghan07994 Platinum

XP:
    232,772xp
    Its gonna be a lot of fun playing the Shotbow games.
  6. coleam Platinum

XP:
    98,559xp
    Thanks for doing all of this! When will Krubera have chests and the slow bow? I went there with my friend and nothing was there. We waited for a tip and everything.
  7. ZoveReign Regular Member

XP:
    266xp
    It'd be nice to see an EU HCFactions. I would honestly love that.
  8. Imaguy1337 Platinum

XP:
    6,546xp
    Yay for EU :)
  9. Pancro Platinum

XP:
    39,241xp
    Amazing work, glad EU Is getting some love!
    I too wish we could get our own HCFactions, doubt that is gonna happen though.
  10. D0M1N1K007 Platinum

XP:
    36,450xp
    Good job , but we need eu event server too :)
    Smyly likes this.
  11. ovan21 Platinum

XP:
    3,017xp
    Next step.... UPGRADE AU (I have never played AU in my life... but I feel sorry for them)
  12. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    :heart:

Amazing news :3
  13. lolboatz Gold

XP:
    44,670xp
    AU doesen't have a lobby system and all of the other newfangled shit, so I'm pretty sure their servers are running fairly smoothly.
  14. ImNotGenerous Platinum

XP:
    43,613xp
    Highlife, I highly recommend you take down some US servers. I mean... lets say for instants GhostCraft. I mean it's fun and all, but most of the servers are completely empty. Maybe some wasted servers too. I just want to get this out to you because I know shotbow is far from being free. Just listen to this: I want you to go on the US servers and take a look around the shotbow lobby. You'll notice a lot of servers can be empty, so just hear me through. Thanks for reading in advanced.
  15. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    This is why we haven't upgraded AU. To support a proxy system it requires a big infrastructure commitment. While I'd love to do it, AU is three times the cost per server compared to a US or EU server. The only reason EU hurts so bad is because I am hit by the exchange rate (so an EU server may be priced the same in pounds, but after exchange rate and exchange fee ends up being 1.5x more expensive).

That being said, if a bunch of AU players got together and collectively made a huge show of support, I'd be willing to look into it.
  16. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    That day will come. Oh it will.
    eban10 and Imaguy1337 like this.
  17. Bayleh_x Silver

XP:
    59,566xp
    so your saying if a au player like myself can get a like of ign or something that all we want really is a 2nd minez public server (re perpuse the private settlement server since it is empty 24/7) say i get 200 names of au players and send it too you. would that show support for our au buddys?
  18. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
    Oh yes it will. It will.
    Imaguy1337 likes this.
  19. JuanDeags Platinum

XP:
    15,221xp
    Mini-Proxy - Only 1 or 2 instances. (the lobby thing)
  20. dmdb Platinum

XP:
    161,895xp
    the standby system for the EU shotbow games servers is not working
    EDIT: fixed after proxy reboot
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.