1. At this time we are unable to service emails to Outlook, Hotmail, or other Microsoft-provided email addresses. If you are using one of these providers you will be unable to /register for an account or receive password reset emails.

If your account uses one of these providers, you can use the command /changeemail in game to change to another email account. If you did not receive your registration email, you may acquire it by resetting your password on the website once you have changed to a non-Microsoft email.

2. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Feedback collection for 2018

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by Kingey, Dec 12, 2018.

Discussion - Feedback collection for 2018
  1. Kingey SMASH Lead

XP:
    190,752xp
    Hey everyone,

The year is nearing it's end and as Lead of SMASH, I am looking to collect your feedback about our performance over 2018.
    Below are a few points I would like to learn from you. However, if you have any more points you would like to add to the discussion, please post them too!
    • Opinions about updates;
    • Thoughts about the way we host events (seasonal events too!);
    • The communication between the players and the (SMASH) admin team;;
    • The SMASH admin team's performance in general.

Apart from those points, if you have any suggestions for upcoming updates or know of any issues with the game as it is, please share them with us. (we already know of the music in the lobby)

All that aside, from my perspective it's been a successful year for SMASH. We've ran Halloween and Christmas seasonal events for the second time ever and have also celebrated the 4th of July with the American players. We've seen our resident developer go and another step up and take his place, we parted ways with a few admins and gained some new ones in return. I tried out a map building contest which had a great turn-out of which 4 maps have already been added to the game. And let's not forget, work started on SMASH 2.0 beginning with a complete rewrite of the game!

I would like to thank all those who stuck with us over the years and I hope we'll be able to improve your experiences on our game more and more. Thanks in advance for your feedback, I'll see you in-game!

2. Mohawk2 Regular Member

XP:
    299,133xp
    I don't really follow the updates of smash, so my opinions probably aren't as valuable as some other people's but I really enjoyed smash this year. I liked the Halloween, Christmas, and fourth of July events and I liked the building contest idea. I wish more devs would follow your lead with the building comp idea (I would have built a map if I wasn't so busy then). One of my favorite thing about the SMASH admins is that they are very active and you can actually see them in game. They always care about the community (all devs do but SMASH devs especially) and they always listen to your opinions (for example, this thread lol).
  3. PaySafeKaart Platinum

XP:
    77,860xp
    Not that this is very usefull but it's great for as far i've experienced Smash this year.
  4. jiren74 Regular Member

XP:
    67,816xp
    As a SMASH fan and old player, I would like to give an opinion for the year 2018 in SMASH.

Besides the decline of the number of players on SMASH compared at the beginning of the year, it has been a great year.
    I liked the seasonal events such as the Independence Day, Halloween and Winter. I hope it's coming again in 2019.
    I also like the change from 8 XP per kill to 15 XP per kill, good for those who want more XP in a short time.
    Although I'm not playing party that much, I like the extension of match duration to a max. 25 minutes.
    Ranked matches were funny and annoying at the same time but I had some good fights in it and enjoyed them. :D

And yes, there are some negative points of SMASH, but they're very little and also lag dependent.

All I can say is, I'm glad to see SMASH is still a thing in the year 2018, and if I'm remembering back, where I started at ~2014, it has developed to a beautiful game and has good admins who are taking care of it.

I'm looking forward to Kingey and Mr_Epicness and hope, they will make SMASH even better than it is already. *cough* 2.0 *cough* :stuck_out_tongue:

P.S. If there are some grammar mistakes...keep it yourself.

Jiren_
    Fluffoon, Kingey and Mohawk2 like this.
  5. Mohawk2 Regular Member

XP:
    299,133xp
    Keep it to* yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:
    Kingey and Jiren_ like this.
  6. Kingey SMASH Lead

XP:
    190,752xp

Could you please provide more details about these problems? That way we can start investigating.
  7. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    749,024xp
    Halloween lobby was around well after October. I would like the old lobby back or at least have us spawn in front of the signs. Bring back a competitive scene, host tourneys during weekends for xp or free particle trails possibly limited time ones for winners:rolleyes: . Great job with the build contest nice to see public vote and immediate implementation. Cough Cough take a hint Anni leads. I don't play smash often enough nowadays not much else I can say. Still the same game it was 4 years ago, not a bad thing but I am excited to see where you take it.

Suggestions:
    Add classes? Optional in parties maybe?
    Power, Speed, Defensive, Teleportation, explosive, invis... idk just basic themes. Each with a super ability.

Elytra item?

Perhaps different game modes using smash mechanics?
    capture the flag...
  8. jiren74 Regular Member

XP:
    67,816xp

-The lobby, its too big in my opinion, but thats personal preference.
    -If I'm grabbing someone, either he's flying up or in a different direction instead of where I'm looking to. (lag depended?)
    -Sometimes I get more knockback with ~60-80% than players with over 100%. (also lag?)
    -You can't smashhit on wood/grass blocks. (should I show it with a video, so you can understand what I'm meaning?)
    -Sometimes players are blocking grabs without even pressing shift. (happens to me on occasion)
    -Player stuck in your head while grabbing.
    Hingey likes this.
  9. Kingey SMASH Lead

XP:
    190,752xp
    We've indeed had the Halloween lobby for far too long, this was because I had a pretty busy and wrecking few weeks around that time and wasn't able to oversee things.

The lobby is too big, it's been a topic ever since we got it. With the release of the 2.0 update we'll have a brand new lobby which will hopefully accomodate popular demand of what a lobby should house and look like. In the meantime, in order to not make the magnificence of the current lobby irrelevant, we have the teleport pads.

SMASH Tournaments will definitely be a thing after the 2.0 update. My current plans entail pre-programmed match scenarios such as moving and changing maps, changing item locations, team battles and much more!

While I am personally not really a fan of introducing classes into SMASH, it is still something worth taking a look at. As for the Elytra item, that's something that has been in the back of our minds ever since we moved on to 1.9. However, this item will require some tweaking of mechanics and likely our Anticheat system to prevent false positives.

As for separate submodes, this is already a thing we're taking a look at introducing with the 2.0 update, so stay tuned to see what we'll come up with!

Vertical knockback is something I am hoping will be gone after we have rewritten the game as it really is a nuisance for everyone.
    I have never experienced not being able to hit players using the smash ability while on grass or wood. Unless you're talking about the actual animation I'm not entirely sure I can help you with that.
    Grabbing has been twitchy ever since we updated to 1.9 and I'm hoping to see it fixed in future updates.
    Hingey and Jiren_ like this.