1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix Extra time for pvp + FFA after winner announcement?

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Donnie, Oct 7, 2015.

No Prefix - Extra time for pvp + FFA after winner announcement?
  1. Donnie Obsidian

XP:
    287,621xp
    I think i'm posting this in the right place, but if not my apologies! Anyhow, before the big Annihilation update, games had 300 seconds until the server rebooted. Was this taken away for a reason? Moreover, I think it would be pretty cool if after a team is announced the winner, the game is turned into a free for all and everyone is fair game for killing. I'd be pretty interesting killing your own teammates :stuck_out_tongue: Although I think maybe it would conflict with a scoreboard option, but who knows.

2. Bukkit_ Gold

XP:
    139,681xp
    Interesting,+1 for you.

Also, im pretty sure it was 120 seconds (2 minutes) and not 5 minutes.
  3. sandstoner Platinum

XP:
    520,511xp
    this has been suggested multiple times, please use the search bar thingy next time before you post :stuck_out_tongue:
    SnowblindGhost likes this.
  4. SaxaphoneWalrus Retired Staff

XP:
    1,635,536xp
    I believe the reasoning as to why they removed the timer was due to spawn killing / XP farming once the game had finished (no longer works), and also due to the fact it was really just stupidly long.
  5. Superbob1000 Retired Staff

XP:
    38,240xp
    Well, then near the end of the game, less teamwork would be in the game. Teammates would be watching their back all the time. It would be interesting if after a while everyone is TPed to an arena where teams fight to the death.
  6. Carrots386 RAP Lead

XP:
    4,939,751xp
    I'm not a fan of spawn killing for xp and killing my own teammates at the end is probably not something I would enjoy in a team game either.

But I really did enjoy that part of Annihilation back when it lasted for I think it was 180 seconds after the game ended, and if you didn't like it, or thought it too long there was always /hub for the next game.

Once the game is won and over, then there's no need to account for xp. So maybe the developers could code that into the game and extend it a little longer like it was and give those with extra pots and buffs time to duke it out for some fun times once again.

Some of the best fun I've had playing Anni in the past was at the end of the game when everyone just went at it hard because of the end game timer which now is sadly way too short.

After all, win or lose we are all here to have fun right?
    RichRamp, Superbob1000 and Prorsus like this.