1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Explanation of how Choke works

Discussion in 'Assault' started by Braunsleeve, Jun 27, 2015.

Question - Explanation of how Choke works
  1. Braunsleeve Platinum

XP:
    42,801xp
    I've been playing Assault for a while and still don't quite understand all the mechanics of choke, could anyone explain?

2. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,450xp
    You gotta hold it down while keeping a clear line of sight, sometimes it stops if someone stands in the way
  3. Braunsleeve Platinum

XP:
    42,801xp
    Can you switch weapons and attack them while they are being choked, or is that blocked by constant damage from choke? Can others attack them?
  4. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,450xp
    I think no one can damage players being choked due to the constant damage. I'm not sure however, but I've never been able to kill anyone being choked as Django and they always seem to take forever to die when there's 3+ sith around the person being choked and they're all hitting 'em
  5. Ivandagiant Silver

XP:
    38,517xp
    No, as soon as your switch to a different item then chock will end. As for other players killing someone who is being choked, they can, but as demon_peanut said, the constant damage that choke does makes it hard to get hits in. (I think)

(Note that the damage choke does is pretty much nothing, it's just multiple hits adding up to a total of 1 or 2 points of damage.)
  6. KittensZ Platinum

XP:
    34,426xp
    The real danger of choke is that it stops you mid-stride and allows someone to start landing blows on you before you can react.
  7. demon_peanut Retired Staff

XP:
    453,450xp
    Especially as a ranged class, it's disorientating as hell and you can't do anything while being choked...