1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Every little helps...

Discussion in 'The Network' started by Jackd44, Apr 8, 2013.

Every little helps...
  1. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Just thought I'd say that this is THE ONLY SITE I have adblock disabled on, I think others with adblock on for this site should do the same. FOR SHOTBOW HURRAH!

2. LukeD1994 Platinum

XP:
    11,777xp
    I gave them 100$ to compensate.
    I have adblock on because I get the seriously annoying rolling ads which actually damage and slow down your system. Sooo many temporary files saved.

That and I have a very good antivirus system in place which means they all get flagged anyway and cause the website to lag out and break for me if the ad gets restricted 20x a second.

So I have good reason otherwise I would :)
  3. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Well yeah, people with donor ranks aren't too bad. I'm talking about the people who haven't(Or can't) donate, like me! I mean, I'm not the most generous of people(Well, I'm pretty generous, I just don't have the money to spare.) but I think all the people who take shotbow for granted(And thereby, free!) should help in one way or another.
  4. EspyEra Platinum

XP:
    121,549xp
    WHERES THE AD BLOCK THINGY!
  5. LukeD1994 Platinum

XP:
    11,777xp
    Yes I perfectly understand where you're coming from, those ads do help to generate some revenue.
    One day google won't allow those painfully annoying ads on websites.

Google chrome extentions
  6. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    OH CRAP!

Thanks a ton for reminding me, I had it enabled for every site accept MineZ.net, and this new change completely blew past me.
    Honestly, sometimes I forget it is even there in the upper right corner, staring at me, menacingly.
  7. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Hey, it's fine. :) Although atleast you're a donor, so you helped anyway. :)
  8. InfernoTheDragon Platinum

XP:
    30,734xp
    It's funny how when i am at school and on the forums i can't disable adblock becasue the school's proxy does it automatically if you are on their wifi :/
  9. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Goddamn school. :/
  10. epestus Platinum

XP:
    37,191xp
    I think giveing them 100$ covers them in ads for a long long time...
  11. PinkAng3l Platinum

XP:
    30,672xp
    I have adblock on everything expect this.. I'm just nice like that.
  12. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Yep, Once again. Donors have already helped quite significantly, it's the freebies who should have ads on for this site. :)
  13. SuburbanSB Retired Staff

XP:
    71,853xp
    Well I've donated 200 dollars... plus a dinner, as well as some xp... and I have 2 possibly 3 competitions coming up (one with 175, anouther with 100 and one more possibly with anouther 50) .... have I done enough?

*AS WELL AS having AD block disabled.
  14. Jackd44 Platinum

XP:
    132,330xp
    Defiantly enough(Imagine what shotbow would be like if we could all be like you. :wink:
  15. Evilbanana5757 Platinum

XP:
    2,523xp
    I'm proud to say that I have adblock disabled here :3
    KingJesusThe5th likes this.
  16. Lucid_Vitriol Platinum

XP:
    41,379xp
    The thing is, servers are by far the most costly bill that Highlife has to deal with. Anything we can do (such as let them receive ad revenue) will help keep the Network up and running for longer. :wink: I suggest that everyone, regardless of donator status, disable ad-block.
  17. Ju1cY_0n3 Emerald

XP:
    16,463xp
    Pop that up to about $3,000 and your debt will be nearly half over.

EDIT: in response to TheCrafting's post

CORRECT! The servers cost about $36,000 a year to host, and that is JUST MINEZ. Add the other 30 or so, and you have an upper middle-classmans annual salary.

EDIT2: That is $3,000 a month for those who are mathically challenged.
  18. SuburbanSB Retired Staff

XP:
    71,853xp
    Hahahha *sigh*
  19. boogaert Emerald

XP:
    84,545xp
    They have my $100 and I don't use adblock, top that :wink:
  20. Lucid_Vitriol Platinum

XP:
    41,379xp
    Seriously, though. We are using very expensive technology every day, and the costs add up. I can't quote Highlife releasing the total cost, but I once heard Piti say in the MineZ.net chat that server costs were "upwards of $10k/month."