1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers EULA Compliance News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Oct 4, 2016.

Servers - EULA Compliance News | Page 3
  1. shrauger Regular Member

XP:
    691,268xp
    Oh man what a big change for premiums! Oh wait.
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.

2. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    Well no, when you buy a coin multiplier on this server, it gives the coin multiplier to everyone in the lobby. But this server make A TON of things to make you buy VIP/MVP (mystery box, daily reward without watching the "buy VIP on our server BC it's cool you know", XP rewards, etc..)
    So yeah, this server is way worse than shotbow because they do many things to make people buy VIP, and I'm sure it works better than the basic pay-to-win, but it's allowed.
    I prefer shotbow system, it allows you to spend less time on the server if you give money, but premiums don't have any advantages non-premium can't get, so shotbow is not pay-to-win.

(By "this" I mean Hypix. Idk if we're allowed to tell it)
    Tonkotsuramen921 and Haichao like this.
  3. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    If there is a platinum, yes. For example, if you play slaughter you have your normal multiplier, but if you play with a platinum, you get a 3x multiplier.
  4. connor564 Platinum

XP:
    157,819xp
    Ah okay
    So if a Platinum is playing MineZ we get their multiplier?
  5. DJ_Pedro Administrator

XP:
    3,771,356xp
    If you are on the same server as a guy with premium, than yes, you get the same XP multiplier as him. If you're on Public 1, and a premium guy on Public 2, then you won't get same XP multiplier as him.
  6. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp

Hehehe :3

Hopefully that's the only thing he would kill me for:rolleyes:
  7. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    We've had this before? It does sound super familiar to me. Tell me, if I'm right. :)
  8. Hollow_Leg Platinum

XP:
    259,108xp
    That's good. I only play the 1.9 beta now so I was worried.
  9. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    Mostly, yes. Though I believe the premium instance stuff is new, unless my memory is failing me.
  10. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    502,680xp
    When I was non-premium (That has been a while back), there was a time that I got 9xp per kill. That's what I remembered.
  11. DJ_Pedro Administrator

XP:
    3,771,356xp
    Yes, I remember that too. Everytime I've joined any game, I got message:You get 3.0XP multiplier thanks to Player's Platinum/Emerald/Obsidian.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and DutchBartje like this.
  12. Kazumii_ Platinum

XP:
    352,440xp

Ahh, nostalgia >.< when my regular old self saw this opportunity I played so much annihilation! Anyways a little off topic sorry!
  13. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    Yeah, the global multipliers and the closure of the xp shop did happen once before. I bought a lot of XP back then because I didn't think it would ever be available again, but it was, luckily. I was an Obsidian at the time already, so hopefully I would have noticed the premium instance if there was one, but I'm 99% sure there wasn't one.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and DutchBartje like this.
  14. lJuanGB Platinum

XP:
    128,114xp
    Shotbow is going to be, since 15 October, oficially pay-to-win free. Even if you dont think so, buying XP does gave you serious advantage like spawning with a lot of items in MineZ, which make the game much easier. Also, you could get achievements through sessions, so you could access more spawn items like the speed pot. For MineZ2 same. In the creative you can have bigger plots. In MTA you can have more houses... And I was completely ok with it because it was a way the server could get enough money to continue living and keep work in the games.

However you cant deny that Hype had a lot of hard work in order to create those cool systems that make people want to buy in the server while not interreupting with normal gameplay. So kudos to them. No shame in saying that Hype (and also LOL if you want something out of the minecraft concept) have developed a bussiness model that is completely fair for everyone while giving enough benefits so they can keep on working.

Will the creation of more vanity items make devs less focused in gameplay? Yes. Will the game become more fair? Yes. The thing is, which aspect do you value the most?
  15. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    Spawn items beyond the grapple and the speed potion are hardly relevant in the end game of minez - which is really all that matters to serious players (the type who would spend money on it). However, you must remember that non-premiums can still purchase the MineZ spawn items with earned XP.

In Annihilation, you can pay money to buy classes - which both premium and nonpremium can buy. Spending real money to save time on a grind is a common free to play model - and it differs from P2W quite a bit.

Under a p2w model, the most powerful classes would be restricted to real-money purchases. MineZ spawn kit items would only be purchasable with real money, rather than with in-game XP you can earn without paying a dime. So no - Shotbow is not Pay2Win.

Granted, I'm not familiar with MTA, but you can still purchase the items from what I see with earned XP. You seem to be forgetting that XP can be earned without purchase, and that's a pretty big deal.

In the closing sentences, you offer a false dichotomy between fairness and less gameplay changes. With a less effective premium model, you can also expect to possibly some day find neither: the Mojang Eula reduces the ability of servers to survive, and I worry for the future of servers beyond Minecraft realms.

Personally, I value the longevity of the server over the misunderstanding that Shotbow's business model is any way P2W.
  16. _Narsha Emerald

XP:
    886,864xp
    why would you buy a $1000 rank on a minecraft server
    iCryEveryTime likes this.
  17. squallythewally Obsidian

XP:
    122,678xp
    Highlife clearly explains the reasoning for this:
    "This rank will be for users who have contributed over $1000 in total over the course of Shotbow. While this sounds like a silly amount, there are a few people out there who already qualify for that, and we want to be able to recognize their efforts. The only thing it will give you is a new <color> name, and is cosmetic only, but we do know we have a number of loyal Emerald/Obsidian users who would be interested in helping us going forward."

The correct term in this situation would most likely be donating anyway because they are not really purchasing anything, merely showing their support.
  18. lJuanGB Platinum

XP:
    128,114xp
    Everything that is in the shop is completely buyable without spending a dime. True. However, XP is extremely slow to get to any non-paying user. And that is because the server artificially make prices really high so you consider buying that XP.

Also, the server restricts access to different special servers, which may give an advantage to players that /for example/ dont have to deal with bandits in the PvE servers.

In closing I think I must retract. The term pay to win was not used correctly. However, you have to admit that prizes are really high because they are adjusted to premium users. I have been in MineZ2 for quite a while and in MineZ for some time, and I almost have the XP to buy a water of bottle. That is it.

I was just trying to say that alternative financing methods can also be possible, at the end Hyp has had this model since last year and their income has increased.
  19. YouSeeKenny Emerald

XP:
    258,769xp
    I just love this new downgrade! #hyped
  20. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    I do agree - the biggest advantage is the servers, and XP is hard to get. I play on non-premium accounts a good bit and and it is slow, but if you really want something, it is doable. I hope the new financing methods is as viable for servers as Mojang seems to think it is, though I have my doubts. Hyp is also much larger than shotbow at the moment, and that is an important distinction to make.
    Tonkotsuramen921 and lJuanGB like this.