1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Servers EULA Compliance News

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, Oct 4, 2016.

Servers - EULA Compliance News
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    93,176xp
    On October 15th, Shotbow will need to come into compliance with Mojang’s new EULA requirements. Starting on October 15th the following things will happen:

• You will no longer be able to buy XP. The XP shop will still exist, however you will only be able to earn XP by playing the game.
    • Premium users will still maintain their rank and XP multiplier. However, all players in a given game will now earn the XP multiplier of the highest multiplier currently in the game. You will be told who is providing the multiplier for the game.
    • All beta servers and private events will be moved to a premium instance accessible only to premium users and you will need to connect to this new instance through a new premium only IP.
    • You will no longer receive XP when voting for Shotbow on server lists
    This should put us fully in compliance.

Within the new EULA framework, it will be incredibly difficult to maintain costs. We will be looking more towards the generosity of our player base to be able to maintain Shotbow. Here are some things we are looking to do:

• We will have a new rank above Obsidian. This rank will be for users who have contributed over $1000 in total over the course of Shotbow. While this sounds like a silly amount, there are a few people out there who already qualify for that, and we want to be able to recognize their efforts. The only thing it will give you is a new <color> name, and is cosmetic only, but we do know we have a number of loyal Emerald/Obsidian users who would be interested in helping us going forward.
    • We will be rolling out a number of cosmetics in the future that will be usable in our games. These cosmetics will be solely purchasable with money, versus XP, to show off that you support the network. More updates on this in the future.
    • More recognition on a monthly basis to those users who continue to support us.
    We appreciate all of your support over the years, and we hope that we can continue to count on you for support as we transition to a post-EULA environment.

-----

10月15日から、 ShotbowはMojangの新しいEULAの要求に従う必要があります。これまではEULAに従ってはいませんでしたが、もともとMojangの前身であるMarkus(Notch)とCarl Mannehの両氏から今現在やっていることに対しての許可を受けていました。 しかし、現在のMojangのEULA執行部はこの古い合意を履行することを望んでいません。
    我々はEULAの規則は、一般的な基本プレイ無料のゲームにおいて""公平""と考えられる規定から大きく逸脱したものであると感じていますが、従う以外に選択肢はありませんでした。

そのため、10月15日より、以下の事が起こります:

・XPを購入することはできなくなります。XPショップは残りますが、XPをゲームを遊ぶ以外の方法で手に入れることは出来なくなります。つまり、XPを購入できるのは10月15日までとなります。
    ・プレミアムユーザーのランクとXP倍率に変更はありません。しかし、ゲーム内にいる全てのプレイヤーに対して、そのゲーム内にいる中で最もXP倍率の高いプレイヤーと同じ倍率が適用されます。誰の倍率が適用されているのかは、ゲーム内で表示されます。
    ・全てのベータサーバー、およびプライベートサーバーはプレミアムユーザー専用のIPに移動され、プレミアムユーザーは新しいIPから接続することになります。
    これにより、私たちはEULAに完全に従っていることになるはずです。

新しいEULAの枠組みの中では、サービスを維持するコストを補うことが非常に難しくなります。 今後、我々はShotbowを維持するためにプレイヤーからの寄付に更に頼ることになるでしょう。 そのために以下の事を計画しています:

Obsidianより上のランクを導入します。このランクはShotbowに$1000以上の寄付をしたユーザーのためのものになります。一見法外な値段に見えるかもしれませんが、すでに何人かの方はこの条件を満たしていますし、彼らの存在はもっと知られるべきだと考えています。
    このランクは新しい色の名前になり、装飾のためだけのものとなります。ですが、私たちは多くのEmerald、Obsidianユーザーが、私たちの活動を支援することに関心を持ってくださると考えています。
    将来的には、ゲーム内で使用可能な沢山の装飾用のアイテムを追加する予定です。それらの装飾用のアイテムはXPでは入手できず、ネットワークへの金銭的援助のみによって手に入れられるため、あなたがShotbowへ支援をしていることを示すものとなります。また、継続的なサポートをしてくださっている方々への、月毎の更なる表彰なども計画されています。

プレイヤーの皆さんの何年にも渡るご支援に感謝すると共に、私たちがEULAの施行に対応した後も、引き続き変わらぬご支援をお願いいたします。これらの変更が行われる前にXPを購入されたい場合、今すぐそうされることをお勧めします。

2. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    I really like the idea of the Obsidan rank above rank as it's for people that have donated a generous amount to Shotbow.
    ChickenMac7 and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  3. Ikerss Platinum

XP:
    312,072xp
    My question is will there be an ingame shop where we can buy classes for anni.
    I agree with Dino. It is also kind of nice that people cant buy xp because now I feel like everything will be more balanced so there wont be some people working super hard to gather xp and then other people who are just doing nothing and buying xp. But the only loss is that thats one less way to support you guys so rip. And if any of you see this comment and you have bought xp that doesnt mean I absolutely despise you, and I think its good that people are willing to contribute to keeping shotbow up :) Now my thoughts are running together and im contradicting myself so imma end right here
    Tonkotsuramen921 likes this.
  4. ImbC DBV Lead Admin

XP:
    1,337,351xp
    Everyone understands the importance of this transition and you will all make supportive comments below

[IMG]
  5. Reconal Retired Staff

XP:
    41,051xp
    The XP Shop will still remain, which is here - https://shotbow.net/forum/xp/shop - Now, buying XP from Buycraft or here - https://shotbow.net/forum/p/buy_premium/ will no longer be a thing.
  6. Dinohoot8 Platinum

XP:
    484,663xp
    It is sad to see XP go from the hands if Shotbow. I feel like XP has been around since the start as sort of a seed and has grown since then. It may seem that now the XP (the tree) is getting cut down. What this transpires is that a new sort of swag let's say and will be awesome. Even with the cut down on XP, we (the Shotbow community and staff) can't wait to experience this new seed that will be planted. This will get Shotbow something different to the community. Y'all know they say, In with the new and out with the old. You'll be happy to enjoy the new cosmetics and hopefully save to that with these new cosmetic(s), it's a brand new opportunity for everyone to start on. It would be cool to see people buying XP before then and enjoy their limited time XP.
    Thanks to everyone,
    Dino
    Tonkotsuramen921 and __GLACIO__ like this.
  7. WobbleWalrus Silver

XP:
    283,751xp
    I dont mean to be too forward, but that sucks. I'm not saying it's your fault as I'm sure that you have done everything in your power to maintain Shotbow as it is today, but seriously, that sucks.
    One question though, does premium access still run out, so the only reason to buy premium would be to support Shotbow or to maintain access?
    Thanks, WobbleWalrus
  8. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    Will things like MineZ private servers and PvE still exist? Will PvE be a part of the premium instance, then, and will our inventories be copied to the new instance around then?
    Mycinn and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  9. Reconal Retired Staff

XP:
    41,051xp
    PVE and Private will be accessible on the Premium Instance, and your inventories will not be wiped.
  10. Candere Obsidian

XP:
    3,816,371xp
    Thanks for the quick response. With this news, I suppose It's time to stock up on XP again and reinstate my subscription, although I hope between now and October 15th Mojang will repeal this decision.
  11. Dixeo05 Regular Member

XP:
    12,443xp
    Really sad U.U¨
  12. nintendoway Platinum

XP:
    301,777xp
    As much as this burdens the ShotBow community, I think this change is expected based on the recent actions of other networks, having complied to EULA regulations for months preceding this announcement. Although this is a big change at first, I believe it will only even the playing field with non-premium and premium players (global XP multipliers, not being able to buy the best experience possible).

Sorry to be more of the devil's advocate for Mojang, but I know that this community will take this change with pride and move on past this hurdle.
  13. Ikerss Platinum

XP:
    312,072xp
  14. Ikerss Platinum

XP:
    312,072xp
    Ok so right now I have gold and I cant remember when it is going to run out but when it does do I still have access to the premium servers because of this change. I think it runs out in January so it would be way after the change.
  15. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    Simply put, this is bad, like catastrophic levels of bad.
    Here's to a sudden explosion of popularity of the server.
  16. ledgamespro Media Partner

XP:
    466,726xp
    I know this will be difficult, but together, as a community, we can fix it. Shotbow Force. Count on me for anything, such as media and similiar.
  17. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    But that new rank tho :wink:!

Let's make ShotBow great again?
    kitpower and Tonkotsuramen921 like this.
  18. Meifot Gold

XP:
    219,469xp
    For a lot of peoples sakes I certainly hope we can fix this.
  19. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    18,382xp
    I don't think, you can.still buy ranks.
  20. Edie42 Emerald

XP:
    163,786xp
    What about stuff like Annihilation teams? Will non premium players be able to join "full" teams now, or is this all just about xp?