1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion EU Servers

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Podi, Sep 13, 2020.

Suggestion - EU Servers
  1. Podi Silver

XP:
    17,051xp
    Hello,

I don't think this will be the first post regarding this topic, but why are there no EU servers anymore? I have asked a couple well known players and they said that it's because of the cost of hosting EU servers. I'm not saying that the entire server has to switch to EU, it just would be nice if there were 1 or 2 annihilation servers which were hosted somewhere in Europe, by doing this you will attract more EU players and the play experience will be better for the European players. If it is true, and the cost of EU servers are bigger than the cost of US servers, I'm pretty sure if you'd make a 'support EU servers' button in the shop people would donate a couple bucks to get EU servers.

I'm looking forward to a response.

Regards,
    Podi

2. soto Platinum

XP:
    2,335,601xp
    Gonna keep this short. As a EU player, the downfall of the EU servers were sadly enough inevitable. Though yes, you could argue during very peak times a server could be full of players, that only happened 1-2 hours a day. Every other part of the day, the EU servers were dead. It costs Shotbow way too much to keep hosting a server with a couple hour activity span/day & it kept declining month by month.

It's unfortunate, but that's just the old playerbase growing up/out of it and Shotbow failing to generate a new playerbase due to lack of marketing or a shitty marketing strategy or not having one at all.
    Ivandagiant likes this.