1. Happy Holidays! Celebrate with 25% off Gold and Platinum in our store!

Servers EU Server Retirement

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by HighlifeTTU, May 31, 2017.

Servers - EU Server Retirement
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighlifeTTU Network Owner

XP:
    90,219xp
    We have made the decision to not renew the EU hosting for Shotbow. For many months now, the US instance of Shotbow has been helping cover the costs for the EU instance by a large margin. In addition, many EU players stated that they have been using the US instance as their primary instance for some time. As a result, we felt this was the best course for the longevity of the network.

Going forward, eu.shotbow.net will point to our US proxies. We will maintain that for some time to prevent confusion. Additionally, we will be transitioning inventories and stats from the appropriate game modes to the US over the next few weeks. How stats and inventories are handled (merged, best inventory, user choice) will happen on a game mode by game mode basis.

I know it is hard to see a major change like this, but we've been discussing it for some time and the ability to streamline our offering to a single region reaps a ton of benefits for the development of updates and game modes going forward.

Thanks for all EU players who have supported us over the last few years and we hope you are able to find a comfortable home in our US instance going forward.

2. _BrightDarkness_ Regular Member

XP:
    9,697xp
    No way... that sounds horrible... no...
    I have such a bad ping on the US side...
    So no EU side anymore, for ever, or what ?
    The eu side is such an importand thing
    Perkunas180, kqce, LetsBoo and 7 others like this.
  3. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    357,632xp
    How will the stats be merged? Will I lose my EU stats then?
  4. Fluffoon RAP Lead Admin

XP:
    110,651xp
    The stats will be transfered, how - each gamemode will do it differently, yet to be decided.
    Hinge15J likes this.
  5. Aexon Regular Member

XP:
    78,016xp
    Did you already remove EU items ? For MineZ I stored items on both EU and US and I'd like to transfer EU items to another account so I can keep both.. Or it's possible to transfer to another account ? (I guess not)
    I got my answer about EU being available.
  6. Kubi_Tier Translator

XP:
    97,498xp
    I, too, have only ever had bad latency on US servers (never less than 100 ms, usually more than 150 ms). This is one of the reasons why I disagree with this decision.
    But if the EU hosting isn’t renewed, maybe you can buy better hosting in the US which offers better latencies all around the world?
    xJAMMAx, kqce, pokepeople01 and 5 others like this.
  7. Hingey Platinum

XP:
    357,632xp
    How about giving japan their own server instead. Separate but equal.....
  8. Ultimativemaster Gold

XP:
    237,587xp
    hello there

if i understand right
    -shotbow eu is closed
    the eu stats will be transvered to us (I only have eu stats on mta ) tht mean i have my items and my lv in mta ?
    i hope that i will get my lv and my items back on the us server if not i wont have the motivation to start again on us again
    when the stats will be overwritten ? and when i got my lv and stuff (i want to play:()

your ulti
  9. ShayminPlays Regular Member

XP:
    17,850xp

WAIT, WILL I LOSE MY INVENTORY ON US? NOO!
  10. LegendaryAlex Gold

XP:
    58,520xp
    ... Cant you guys make sure that we have a better ping in us?
  11. IIIIIIIIIIlIIII Obsidian

XP:
    43,123xp
  12. Ultimativemaster Gold

XP:
    237,587xp
    hello there

i played a round aninilatoon on us my ping was 164 i can´t move i was so laggy please make it better

your ulti
  13. DutchBartje Emerald

XP:
    235,888xp
    EU was fun and so is US! Thanks for this update. In addition, people are complaining about ping. I had 15 ms on EU Shotbow and on US I have 150 average. Honestly, I don't think it's too bad. I've won Smash matches, Annihilation games and a lot of other stuff with US ping.

Come on, this is the best for Shotbow and that's what we should be caring about. I respect the decision and try to make the best of it, because being optimistic about it is better than complaining about it.
  14. Miyuka GG Lead

XP:
    40,087xp
    I'm glad atleast one person can say something positive.
  15. Ultimativemaster Gold

XP:
    237,587xp
    hello there

yes it might be the best for shotbow but my question wanst answred yet :/
    i hope the best for shotbow

your ulti
  16. Maashg Regular Member

XP:
    31,360xp
    Dutch players have good ping but East European players, Russians, Turks etc.? I have 450 ping in US Shotbow. I am connecting from Turkey to California.
    MODERNMEGa and TheDarkTwister_ like this.
  17. JTGangsterLP6 Mini Admin

XP:
    4,357,636xp
  18. Maashg Regular Member

XP:
    31,360xp
    Shotbow c
    Shotbow can not be great without EU Shotbow players.

Unfortunatelly +1 :( I bought Minecraft account for SHOTBOW. But Shotbow is dead anymore :( I hope Shotbow will be great but it can not with current updates.
  19. Miyuka GG Lead

XP:
    40,087xp
    The stats and levels ect SHOULD be transferred over to U.S however we are unsure how long it will take. With EU being down all gamemodes will need worked on to transfer things so sit tight. As stated above, it may take a few weeks.
  20. LegendaryAlex Gold

XP:
    58,520xp
    I guess you are right Bartje.
    I will try to stay positive, thank you :heart:
    Sevy13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.