1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix EU server connection.

Discussion in 'The Network' started by MrPrecision, Apr 17, 2020.

No Prefix - EU server connection.
?

To EU players: Are you experiencing bad connection?

Yes 8 vote(s) 100.0%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. MrPrecision Regular Member

XP:
    13,358xp
    Good day,
    I'm a returning player that used to play in 2014/2015. I'm an EU player that uses the eu proxy. I'm making this thread to ask if I'm the only person that has bad connection to the eu server, regardless that my wifi is good. If I'm one of few people with this issue then ignore this, but if theres a significant amount of people that is experiencing connection issues & bad ping could it be possible that you fixed or moved the EU server? I tried to check the eu servers location and it said USA but i dont know how that works.

IF YOU'RE AN EU PLAYER PLEASE ANSWER THE POLL

Thanks,
    MrPrecision.

2. DJ_Pedro Administrator

XP:
    3,315,388xp
    Hello! As you can read in this thread, the EU server was retired a few years ago, meaning everyone is connecting to the US server now. (Please refer to the linked post for more details).

I considering ping bellow 200 to be sufficient (I get stable ~175 as an EU player myself), although I can understand it may not be really appealing in the beginning, and it does take some time to get used to it.
    jiren74 likes this.
  3. MrPrecision Regular Member

XP:
    13,358xp
    Thanks for replying! If the eu server is retired then i understand. However, It's quite hard for me to play with 275+ ping... I assume Shotbow denies use of VPN softwares?
  4. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    1,441,209xp
    Correct, Shotbow does not permit the use of VPNs due to their high impact of staff dealing with rule breakers. Sorry!
  5. MrPrecision Regular Member

XP:
    13,358xp
    I understand. Thanks. I'll just have to adjust to the horrible connection I'm having. If shotbow loses money on it then It's pointless to have an EU server.

Good weekend.