1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Question Easy Method to Find Forcefield?

Discussion in 'SMASH' started by theMineMaster2, Oct 20, 2017.

Question - Easy Method to Find Forcefield?
  1. theMineMaster2 Regular Member

XP:
    4,855xp
    Hey all, as the title suggests I am curious if there's a reliable, or at least consistent way to tell if a player is using forcefield/kill aura. I'm not looking for the differences between lag and hacks, there's tons of info out there already.

My current method is to jump constantly around maps and force other players to try to hit me in the air. I reasoned that if someone could consistently hit me in mid-air during a match, that it's likely to be due to kill aura. Does this sound like a fair assessment?

Thanks!

2. Kingey Retired Staff

XP:
    212,406xp
    Heya,

What you're doing is indeed a way to identify a hacker, however (eventhough you don't want this answer) one can also hit you mid-air because of high latency. If it's consistent hitting. they are cheating most of the time. Apart from that, you could try to create a difference in elevation between you and your opponent. Say you're on Temple, and your opponent is on the upper part and you're near them on the lower part, and they start hitting you, they will have a forcefield / KA active.