1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Class Suggestion Dragoon - now with a poll

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Gewoon__ik, Jun 19, 2019.

Class Suggestion - Dragoon - now with a poll
?

Do you want to see this class added?

Yes 2 vote(s) 25.0%
Yes, but with a few changes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Maybe/I don't care if it would 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 6 vote(s) 75.0%
  1. Gewoon__ik Regular Member

XP:
    101,630xp
    I am not 100% sure if this has already been suggested or in another type of class.

My idea for a new class is the dragoon. The dragoon spawns with:
    * wooden sword
    * wooden pickaxe
    * wooden axe
    * wooden shovel
    * wooden hoe called dragon
    * 5 firework stars called muzzle

The dragon is an early form of a shotgun. You can shoot other people with it and has area damage although the gun has a short range. Afther shooting you have to reload the dragon what takes 5 seconds. The ammunition are firework stars. The dragoon can get from gravel next to the stuff you already get also gunpowder This way the dragoon can craft new ammunition. Every phase the dragon gets stronger so in phase one its the weakest and phase 5 the strongest

pros:
    * Can do a lot of area damage.
    * Good at close range and close-quarter combat.
    * Good for defending against rushes.
    * You can get gunpowder from gravel what can be used for splash potions.

cons:
    * Short range.
    * Has cooldown.
    * Spawns with few ammunition.

2. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    I will vote once I know these two details, is it true damage and how much damage?
  3. Gewoon__ik Regular Member

XP:
    101,630xp
    Is true damage the damge done even if someone is wearing armor? Or is true damage something else? I left the damage out because i don't know to what extend some damage for a class is op or not.
  4. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    True damage ignores armor.
  5. Gewoon__ik Regular Member

XP:
    101,630xp
    Then yes it would be true damage. Like in phase 1; 1.5 hearts, phase 2; 2 hearts, phase 3; 2,5 hearts, phase 4; 3 hearts and phase 5 4 hearts. But because of the area damage he would shoot like 5 arrows going different directions, so only one person will get the full damage and the rest like 1-3 hearts depending on how close they are. But because that propably would be op i think every phase the reload time has to go up as well.
  6. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    With 4 hearts of true damage and 3 splash three Dragoons could take out a diamond rush with no problem at all, this would also ruin the point of defending. I am a hard no.
  7. Gewoon__ik Regular Member

XP:
    101,630xp
    yea idk how damage mechanics work i just spam my mouse button. What would be reasonably as damage?
  8. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    2.5 to 3 in a cone.
  9. Gewoon__ik Regular Member

XP:
    101,630xp
    thats why i left damage out because i don't know what is reasonable so i figured that admins could figure it out.
  10. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    It's too raw of an idea to be even considered by the admins in this state.
  11. NoahTh3PandaTank Regular Member

XP:
    76,959xp
    I don't necessarily think that the idea itself is "too raw". The mechanic is all that needs to be explained. Murg has said that he reads suggestions and is always looking for new mechanics, an inspiration to add a new class because it's wildly different than anything we have so far. So in that regard I think it's fine, but I feel like you could remove the ammo portion and just include a simple cooldown. You could keep the massive damage in theory if you gave it a huge cooldown of 30-45 seconds, but if it keeps area damage, damage should fall off quickly with range.