1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Discussion Discouraging Murder

Discussion in 'MineZ' started by Hellomynameis99, Dec 30, 2013.

Discussion - Discouraging Murder
  1. Hellomynameis99 Emerald

XP:
    25,762xp
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that remembers the good old days when MineZ was friendlier, so I won't go into too much detail reminiscing. For those who never experienced those memorable days, it was a time when you could have fun teaming with multiple people on a crowded public server.

I do believe that I'm not alone when I say that we need some new system to discourage killing. (No, not remove it, discourage it). If you've been formulating a suggestion ever since it was no longer safe to say 'Hi!' to someone, this is the place to post it.

I will add each suggestion to this list...

Hellomynameis99
    When you log in, a 5~10 minute countdown starts. Killing a player in this time will subtract 1 to 3 Shotbow XP (That's 3 to 9 XP for a Platinum user. The actual XP amount will be decided the staff if the system is implemented). This will hopefully discourage excessive bloodshed in spawn towns, where there are usually new players trying to 'learn the ropes'. :D

2. 37lego37 Platinum

XP:
    120,723xp
    Great idea!
  3. Margai Platinum

XP:
    277,339xp
    It annoys me so much when premium bandits just spawn in towns and go killing people who have just started. So I do think there should be something like this to protect the spawn nubs.
    Lord_Haakon likes this.
  4. lilian85660 Regular Member

XP:
    4,598xp
    As a Bandit who follows an "Honor Code" myself, I think that every item that gives a Combat Advantage gives a "Threat point".If you kill someone with twenty less Threat than you, you lose 50+ Shotbow XP, going up by 50 for every ten less Threat they have than you once they have less than twenty. This could also work in reverse, I.E you kill someone with, say, fifty more Threat than you, you get 150 Shotbow XP. Fifty for the first twenty Threat, fifty for ten more, fifty for another ten more. These values ONLY start giving / taking away XP once you get to thirty more or thirty less.
    Experimental Values:
    Armor---------------------
    Leather Cap: 1 Threat
    Leather Tunic: 3 Threat
    Leather Pants: 2 Threat
    Leather Boots: 1 Threat
    Chain Helmet: 5 Threat
    Chain Chestplate: 10 Threat
    Chain Leggings: 5 Threat
    Chain Boots: 5 Threat
    Iron Helmet: 15 Threat
    Iron Chestplate: 30 Threat
    Iron leggings: 10 Threat
    Iron Boots: 5 Threat
    Weapons----------------
    Wooden Sword: 2 Threat
    Stone Sword: 5 Threat
    Iron Sword: 15 Threat
    Diamond Sword: 30 Threat
    Bow: 15 Threat
    Arrow: 1 Threat per 2 arrows in inventory
    Grenade: 15 Threat
    Stone Axe: 5 Threat
    Simoon's Song: 50 Threat
    Miscellaneous-----------
    Health Pot: 5 Threat
    T2 Health Pot: 10 Threat
    Splash? -2 Threat from the item
    Suger: 15 Threat
    Speed Pot: 20 Threat
    Bandage: 1 Threat
    Milk: 5 Threat
    Grappling Hook: Threat given based on half of Durability
    Enchantments------------
    Sharpness: 10 Threat added per level
    Smite: 5 Threat added per level
    Knockback (Excluding Simoon's Song) : 5 Threat added per level
    Protection: 10 Threat added per level
    Projectile Protection: 15 Threat added per level
    Blast Protection: 5 Threat added per level
    Feather Falling: 10 Threat added per level
    Power: 10 Threat added per level
    Punch: 15 Threat added per level
    Have a Bandit Tag? 5 Threat added per every 6 kills
    Have a Healer Tag? 10 Threat removed per every 8 heals
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That... should be everything, right? You can just tell the people reading this to look at my post for the values :lmao: c:
    Following this system, a newly-spawned Leather would have a minimum of 10 Threat. An average Chain Bandit would have, say,
    50 Threat. An Iron, Career bandit would have about a whopping TWO HUNDRED AND THIRTY TWO THREAT! (Note that I made assumptions
    on gear for the Career bandit, taking in on "average" Bandit gear). If the Career bandit killed just ONE newspawn (who had NO spawnkit
    items and wasn't premium [neither is the Career] ), he would lose about ONE THOUSAND Shotbow XP. Discouragement at it's FINEST!
    EDIT: These values could be changed to balance the system
    2ND EDIT: The lost/gained XP is NOT effected by any Premium Multiplier
  5. kyogyu Regular Member

XP:
    9,676xp
    Hmm. I noticed that you said "Platinum" and not "Premium".. Looks like we have another anti-platinum guy here. Call in the bandits, Scotty!
  6. jonasnina Regular Member

XP:
    51,161xp
    You know, this is genius, the only flaw is that it would make minez a bit unrealistic, but other than that I would really like to see it on at least one server
    Lord_Haakon likes this.
  7. lilian85660 Regular Member

XP:
    4,598xp
    It could use a detector like Wasted did back in the day. You know, where if, say, a Cobra shot another Cobra, any other Cobra, including the one that was shot, could kill the offender with no penalty. The killer of the Offender wouldn't receive an offender mark either. It would be like that, except between two players c:
    Lord_Haakon likes this.
  8. e_chip Platinum

XP:
    194,223xp
    This still doesn't account for the times when someone either charges at you or takes shots at you (and misses) and you hit them before they hit you.
  9. lilian85660 Regular Member

XP:
    4,598xp
    Ah. Good point. Maybe, if you'll kill in Self-Defense, you can let them land ONE hit, assuming they have less Threat and are attacking you.
  10. coryn123 Platinum

XP:
    8,140xp
    STAHP IM SO SICK OF THIS IDGAF ITS HOW THINGS WORK U DIE UDIE MAN THE HELL UP AND STAHP EINING LIKE FACKING BITCH.
  11. Walshie614 Platinum

XP:
    3,173xp
    Who cares a wouldn't care if i got logged on by a clan i''l go down in honer and get my way back up in 10 minutes
  12. lilian85660 Regular Member

XP:
    4,598xp
    Not all people are as good as you.
  13. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp
    Should be a ton more of XP. 10 XP is nothing in my opinion.
  14. Margai Platinum

XP:
    277,339xp
    True, because it is killing people at the START of your life. Not whole life. So it's your own decision if you want to kill someone early on in your life.

But this just made realize... What about those times when you get killed by some bandit in a southern town and you come back to get your loot? Because in that case it would be stupid to lose xp if someone gets your full iron or chain or whatever, and you manage to kill them again and *poof* xp gone.
  15. DiviXion Platinum

XP:
    904xp

Well you did die so it's bad luck :stuck_out_tongue:
    Hellomynameis99 likes this.
  16. RajaDavid Silver

XP:
    39,929xp

I agree with most of what you say, and I do remember the time when MineZ was a lot friendlier, but subtracting xp is not the best thing to do.

I mean think about it, if someone had just bought xp with actual money, and then bought platinum and then went on a kill streak, then he would actually be loosing real money xp in the xp loss.

I think that there should be like-idk maybe weakness I for a few minutes when a player spawns in, so that the player cannot harm the victim that heavily but still not taking the pvp fun out of MineZ. (This weakness would not be in effect against zeds.)

Of course, farther north, this rule would not apply, say z -100 and beyond-but then again, if we keep it to the whole map, maybe Clique will quit!
  17. Wingdude100 Platinum

XP:
    19,699xp
    Don't like the murder involved with MineZ? Play DayZ.
  18. Andy0132 Regular Member

XP:
    39,110xp
    No. This is because, say a leather spawn tries to kill or zombie train you. You kill them in your full iron armour. Than you lose Xp. This idea could easily be abused, giving bandits the ability to kill you without retaliation.
  19. lilian85660 Regular Member

XP:
    4,598xp
    Hm?
  20. Andy0132 Regular Member

XP:
    39,110xp
    Without retaliation, because you have no wish to lose massive amounts of Xp