1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Disable water particles?

Discussion in 'GhostCraft' started by Rainbow_Dashi, Oct 9, 2013.

Suggestion - Disable water particles?
  1. Rainbow_Dashi Obsidian

XP:
    41,701xp

2. plusxel Regular Member

XP:
    27,312xp
    I honestly think they are fine I mean you just want to pay close attention, Water particles are really noticeable when you move around alot, but unless the person really know how to use ghost + Water particles I would then like a little nerf or something. Keep in mind the humans have all these kits like flame bow, bazooka so I would be fine if water doesn't change.
  3. karar_moon96 Platinum

XP:
    102,199xp
    Yea I agree with you it's hard to see and most people are going to use it because its only 5k which will be annoying!
    (I use homing bow if i saw someone using water :D)
  4. Zeafling Platinum

XP:
    61,030xp
    It is unbelieveable how OP a FUN effect is. I can never see it, as my texture pack doesn't have very big splashes(none of them do...). I am in the same position you are in, where I will literally not play against them.
    I want it nerfed, like many fellow players do as well, ASAP. They could just add a LOT more splashes or just remove them. Add this to your post - there should be an option where you select your effect that allows you to choose if you WANT to see the other particles on opposing ghosts. So, someone like me, can always play with the classic effects that I enjoy, while someone who likes flame or rainbow effects can see those. Keep in mind, this does not give out effects, it just allows the user to only see the regular smoke. They can NOT set it up to where you can see ALL ghosts in rainbow/fire, but, if the other player has it and you don't want to see it, you can turn it off.
  5. TippingScales Platinum

XP:
    96,682xp
    I use water. And its OP. They should make it have more splashes.
  6. the_schmoka Regular Member

XP:
    17,994xp
    Yup, they need to be a little bit bigger.
  7. NachoChez1 Regular Member

XP:
    6,894xp
    I also agree because I can never hit them with my bow whenever I saw the particles running by me. It should be nerfed.
  8. Coppinator Silver

XP:
    84,400xp
    The issue with these particles isn't whether or not you people are 'fine' with them. You people need to get over your 'I liek teh challung!' attitude and realize that it's making it harder to kill ghosts for a majority of players. It's the fact that it makes it harder at all that is the problem. These particles were meant for VANITY and making it harder is not a vanity item. There NEEDS to be a change or this should be called a buff effect, not a particle effect.

I think water particles should either be the bubbles generated from water, generate particles more often, or just be removed.
  9. SupermanLeRetour Platinum

XP:
    74,152xp
    Not disable it ! I would rather suggest nerfing it so that it is a lot more visible (Disabling it would make anyone who buy it angry). I stopped using them since I had no challenge anymore being the ghost...
  10. Lifewillbeok1337 Regular Member

XP:
    6,849xp
    Just pay attention and the ghost is easy to spot. I did not notice the difference between the difficulty with water particles and default particles when it was first introduced.
  11. Coppinator Silver

XP:
    84,400xp
    Do you really think that's something we haven't tried to do? You're one of very, VERY few people who've been sitting there telling us it's not hard, when there's been a substantial portion of well-known players saying IT IS. Stop trying to tell the majority what's easy to them.
  12. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp

You two, I dare you to play against me in ghostcraft while im using water particles. You wont kill me a single time. I play against advanced/strong ghostcraft players regulary and I have noticed how much easier it is to win with water particles. Not to mention the average noblett is unable to detect me most of the time even when im in plain sight.
    Also flamebow/ bazookabow / sniper / trapper etc etc are all defeatable if you know how to counter them and set them up.
  13. TheTalkingMoose Platinum

XP:
    61,322xp
    i use water because the default smoke is so god-damn obvious. The smoke particles are huge and are very easy to see.

I bought water because i was sick of being easily targeted and i know that it is especially hard to see the water.
  14. agentJFR Regular Member

XP:
    17,182xp
    I strongly disagree.... not the particles make you god-damn obvious, you just need to be faster. A good ghost player is fast and sneaky enough to be hidden most of the time, even if he uses rainbow. You see the particles for a split second and the next moment hes already back up a building. That is what good ghost play is about, not hiding behind an optical gimmick.
  15. TheTalkingMoose Platinum

XP:
    61,322xp
    If you play with rainbow you will die. Period.
    If the effect makes no difference i challenge you to a match and you use rainbow, i will use water and we see who survives longest with a lobby full of nade-spammers with a large target.
  16. apelsauce Obsidian

XP:
    55,471xp
    My solution: turn water particles in my resource pack to big square blue boxes.
  17. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp
    Thats cheating -.- . Seriously if you start making particles ridicoulusly huge it gives you a more then unfair advantage.
  18. apelsauce Obsidian

XP:
    55,471xp
    not really.
    it's just using the features of a resource pack to my advantage.
    and they still aren't that big.
  19. NotMike15 Emerald

XP:
    22,923xp
    As many people have told ME the same thing, I say to you, what you bought was a VANITY product, meaning it shouldn't effect gameplay at all. The issue is that the so-called "vanity" product IS effecting gameplay, and not even slightly effecting gameplay, but seriously hindering people's performance. I used to think it wasn't that big of a deal, but it is. Stop saying "I just wanted it to be easier". Get better at the game. I play with the default particles or the Rainbow particles, and I win about as often as I lose, depending on who I am playing against. You can easily hit someone and run away or stab someone without being seen.
  20. nray93 Silver

XP:
    19,291xp
    "using the features of a resource pack to my advantage"
    "to my advantage"
    "advantage"

Note that ridicoulus huge particles in ghostcraft give you an advantage at the same level xray texturepacks to in normal mc, an unfair one.
    Quote from the Rules section (relevant part marked):
    Any duplication of items, exploits, bugs, xray texture packs/programs or third-party programs that give you an unfair advantage over another player will result in a ban - this includes gaming mice, third party programs that allow you to rebind keys, set macros, etc. Please report any exploits to the Bug Reports forum.

The player you are having an unfair advantage over being the ghost and any other player playing with a normal texturepack.

Altough not explicitly stated I would consider it still cheating.