1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

Suggestion Disable levers

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Dahyanara, Oct 7, 2019.

Suggestion - Disable levers
  1. DaddyYanke Regular Member

XP:
    35,922xp
    Disable being able to place levers.

Swapper traps with levers are completely unfair you can't attack the placer you can break or do anything.
    LFI likes this.

2. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    There are a lot of discussion that could be done with this, but ultimately i really believe levers should remain in-game as a means to have some sort insurance that the full diamond you trapped won't easily pull out his trusty scissors and chop his way out in less than a second. I personally believe swapper + lever traps are perfectly balanced in the end-game of a match.

Of course there are a lot of counter-arguments that could be laid with this as well, and i'm open to hear them too.
  3. zoomninja3000 Regular Member

XP:
    51,087xp
    How is this used?
  4. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    basically. your usual swapper trap but above your head theres a lever. a lever has 0.5 block hitbox with goes inside your face. because of that you're forced to break the lever before you can break any other block (wool/dirt/..). This gives players more time to knock someone out or to keep spamming levers above their head (=almost impossible to escape under normal circumstances). Trap yourself with a lever in ur face you'll find out what i mean !
  5. NAIARA Regular Member

XP:
    26,171xp
    Yea not balanced at all. Keep in mind people don’t make “basic” swapper traps anymore. Its not just shears and your out, People use fences carpets etc plus you also have to keep in mind Immboliser Mercenary defender class etc. It’s literally impossible to solo rush or rush with only 2 people if they have a Lever trap
    DanDanKikoeru likes this.
  6. LFI Regular Member

XP:
    112,220xp
    Yeah I agree
    If someone keeps place spare levers, player can't escape.
    Especially in Andorra, solo rush is impossible.
    Lever make really boring game.
  7. Unhinge Platinum

XP:
    101,685xp
    okay so I don't normally give away my super secret game play strats! but you guys don't realise how easy it easy to escape these and I don't build weird ass swapper traps so enjoy your freedom with these quick and easy steps >~<

1. craft bucket
    2. fill with water
    3. inside swapper trap , look up and place the water then pick up instantly --> this breaks the lever
    4. escape!
    EzraMendez and Monster_Bug like this.
  8. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    Having looked into this I agree that this is an unfair strategy as it's near impossible to break the lever in any scenario (even the water bucket scenario above from unhinge (i've got the best testers, no-one knows testers better!)).
  9. DaddyYanke Regular Member

XP:
    35,922xp
    Yea no easy when 4 japs are placing levers on all corners
    DanDanKikoeru likes this.
  10. soto Platinum

XP:
    1,536,055xp
    rip. swapper traps nerfed back into an average to bad class again.
  11. Murgatron Retired Staff

XP:
    970,785xp
    For this current tactic you need teammates to be constantly placing levers and otherwise attacking the player caught - why not get a player to go builder and utilise delay blocks? :)
  12. WeWeBagAte Regular Member

XP:
    5,662xp
    bring back obi for builder
  13. Deexe Regular Member

XP:
    13,831xp
    ??? people already make like 20 different op swapper traps dont be lazy that all lol
  14. Mysterious_Seven Platinum

XP:
    227,414xp
    I'm actually anticipating the removal of the lever, I've already got a design in mind.
    See you on the battlefield.
  15. iStackEverygame Platinum

XP:
    1,749,585xp
    I think just Disable lever at the bottom of the block.

Some wall Maker like me often uses IronTrapdoor and IronDoor.