1. Want to get our most recent announcements - and XP codes - in your email?

No Prefix #Developer logic

Discussion in 'Annihilation' started by Laserpoint, Sep 19, 2015.

No Prefix - #Developer logic
  1. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    Developer Logic:
    Add 4 map voting system to test it out. Then remove because community dislikes. Then adds it back in. Result: Disliked maps winning in votes and other players sitting for 2 hours trying to get good map.

Developer Logic 2:
    Asks if nerf or keep engineer the same. Community (most of us) says either a small nerf or stay the same. Result: Nerf the class so much it sucks and is bad.

Well, here are my thoughts. First one, I don't think I need to explain. That's just a face palm. And second one. Wow.. just idiotic... just stupid!!!!! Gosh... engineer was once ugly.. then it was beautiful.. now its ugly again. I don't know I felt like I just needed to say something lol.
    iPabloCL_ and ajfish like this.

2. fat_necks Platinum

XP:
    12,007xp
    [IMG]

this glass is full of ppl who care
  3. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    right like no one cares about engineer being poop now and how you have to wait for popular maps to be played ok..
  4. GewoonRobbie Silver

XP:
    16,221xp
    Developers are trying their best to make shotbow and it's gamemodes as good as possible. They have a lot on their mind too right now, and I must thank them for that.

But what we change is our mistake, don't blame the developers for something we did. They don't deserve such things.
    Kazumii_ and Fluff_May_Derp like this.
  5. Fluffoon Retired Staff

XP:
    451,096xp
    I'd say we should be thankful they listen to our ideas and change classes in the moments we want. The fact we sometimes are shaky with what we want it is not their problem. :)
    JeTi_Brothers and Kazumii_ like this.
  6. blaueszebra Retired Staff

XP:
    362,364xp
    This is maybe slightly rude but still has to be said: Minecraft coding at Shotbow shouldn't be like a Kindergarten or a special needs school where you just have to try hard enough and you made agood job even if the result is crappy.
    I think Laserpointer made it quite clear, that "we" didn't request the changes made by the developers.
    Keyboard likes this.
  7. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    Of course, we should thank the developers. It's the fact 2 of the most unlogical things annoy me...
  8. Litnetti Emerald

XP:
    129,775xp
    I love these posts that complain about developers. Shows how under appreciative this community is.
  9. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    I literally mentioned 2 things that some of the community did not like what the developers. When did I say I don't appreciate the developers and everything they did? These are just 2 things that annoyed me and probably some others. Don't jump straight to conclusions.
  10. KytanApprentice Silver

XP:
    66,604xp
    You realize that the 4 map voting system makes popular maps MORE common than in the three map voting system, right? The more maps that are up for vote, the more likely it is one of those is coastal/canyon/cherokee, and those maps almost always win unless they're up against each other.
    Fluff_May_Derp likes this.
  11. Jarool Mini Admin

XP:
    327,930xp
    Point #1: I like the 4-map voting system. Maybe the people you hang out with didn't and most people ultimately liked it? I don't know.

Point #2: People complained about Engineer being OP. They nerfed it and people said it was UP. They buffed it. It's a fairly decent class still. I've seen people use it. I saw people use it in the last game I played. It's actually counter-able and not a trolly class... completely. You can still invis-engineer and you can still get a group of people to engineer a wall (they won't have enough time to find all the tnt).

Honestly, what are you trying to accomplish here exactly? You say two things that don't really prove anything. If you're gonna bring up something, at least give a reason as to why.
  12. Meyling Silver

XP:
    55,728xp
    Honestly.. I never knew that Engineer was nerfed? I never been one before though so..

Also, I love how we can vote between 4 maps, though the only problem is that it's often the same old maps. It's always Costal, Andorra, Cherokee, Canyon, etc.
    I'd say adding more maps to chose from or more into the rotation would be neat but I don't even know anymore.. I don't know how all this coding works so it's difficult for me to say anything about all this..
  13. emacs_ Platinum

XP:
    577,095xp
    Not really considering the fact most of the time unpopular maps are in votings and popular maps aren.'t ( I know it's random but we never wanted 4 map votings in the first place.) Atleast most of us
  14. DutchSurvivor Obsidian

XP:
    726,831xp
    On what is this based on? (Those facts etc)

I mean;

• Why should you remove map voting with 4 maps? o_O
      If people want to play on a certain map, and if there is an higher chance of having that map in a voting, why not keep it? Also, the players in the game decide to vote on a map. So the community decides on what map you are going to play, and I you want to avoid that; Vote for your map choice:wink:
    • Why did they change Engi? As far as I know, Engineer was never intended to do such a thing, it was supposed to do redstone "things"
      They changed Engi to give defenders a chance of stopping it from blowing up. There was no way of stopping that explosion without causing it doing any damage.
    Ps: Don't blame the Devs, they do their best to make Shotbow a better place.
    Based on my own opinion and what I have noticed/seen in game.

Too colourfull?

15. Rechoke Silver

XP:
    30,364xp

No, colourful*
    Superbob1000 and DutchSurvivor like this.
  16. Rebel_Vanguard Platinum

XP:
    10,955xp
    No, colorful* (It's a joke, don't tear my head off.)

Eh, I wish I could be a little more enthusiastic about an opportunity to discuss this, but honestly I don't really have the heart for a debate on all this. I guess when you hear that the Shotbow Staff (or in the case of this thread, the Developers.) is/are incompetent so many times, it begins to kinda lose its meaning. Kinda like when you say a word so many times that it doesn't sound like a word anymore. (Actually, it's exactly like that.) But, for your sake, I'm gonna try to give a proper response a shot. Oh the things I do for you guys.

When it comes to making the community happy, ya gotta understand something. There never has been, nor will there ever be a way to make 100% of the people happy. You can make something that everyone will put up with, but not everyone will be pleased by it. When they nerfed Engineer, it was at the request of people who said it made defending too difficult. When they introduced the map rotation system, it was at the request of people who wanted the community maps to get more representation. (Seriously, you do remember that, right? People were at the Developers' throats when AnniZ came out and it wasn't made by a community member. That was something else.)

Often times you'll see that when a valid point is brought up by the community, (you'll notice I didn't say always.), (whether it be a subset of the community, or the overall majority.) something is usually changed to accommodate that. As was the case with your two points above. Is the solution always something everyone wants? No, as I stated earlier, that's borderline impossible to achieve. Is it something that the game benefits from? Usually, yes. Sometimes it's debatable, but more often then not, an improvement is made.

I know you, and no doubt many others, are upset by the fact that the Developers often seem to make decisions that aren't in your favor, but you gotta understand, if they didn't think it would better the game by being implemented, they wouldn't put it in. Sorry if that's not the answer you want, but it's the answer you get.
  17. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    I really don't understand why they continue to update Annihilation. I think it's safe to say that it's finished. Yes, there are still some bugs, but the only reason is because they keep adding new content.

If they want to make the community happy go work on another gamemode! Wasted Control, WIR, Gold Rush, MineZ 2, Ghostcraft.... ANNIHILATION DOESN'T NEED ANYMORE UPDATES!

That doesn't mean I think there shouldn't be anymore updates, but seriously I'm losing my mind over here ._.
    DaFunk and Sulphoric like this.
  18. Haichao Platinum

XP:
    360,442xp

I disagree. Annihilation will, in my opinion, die if no more updates are pushed out. And with updates I mean actual content. Just adding new classes doesn't cut it btw.. You cant, for example, keep a shooter running for years while only adding a few weapons here and there. Back when saunders was still working on the game there had been talks of sub-gamemodes and stuff like secondary nexus. This is the kind of content that will keep people hooked, not buggy classes. I feel like the development time Annihilation gets stands in no relation to the size of it's playerbase.
  19. Braiti Platinum

XP:
    87,241xp
    Other gamemodes are suffering due to Annihilation getting most of the attention though. Shotbow needs more variety.
  20. AlphaBrigade Gold

XP:
    31,146xp
    I have to agree to this one. Even if I don't give a complete shit about this I will blame the "muricans"